What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

Resivour stays between 62 and 64 f. Aero root zone stays around 65 to 67 f. Where the trouble is coming from, I have no idea at this point. For all I know it's a well water issue, or something else I can't quantify with my experience and observations. What I do know is orca flat out works I'm any hydro setup so far. Between the price, mileage I get per bottle, and ease of use- I've yet to find a better beneficial product for hydroponics.

Thanks Starke! It's been an adventure for sure. Looks like your girls are doing phenomenal as well. Looks like your ladies are digging the jacks/calnit combo with the led. They seem to have responded well to the defoil as well. How are they doing smell wise?

Hulk smash #4 is no longer in the tent. It was hell bent on growing balls and spreading pollen. I'll also be culling the clones of it as well. I hate killing plants, but it is best not to keep around genetics that can cause trouble. I tried lowering Ppm, moving the plant to a spot with less direct light, and dropped the ballast wattage from 700w to 630w. I spent all week removing pollen sacks, and it didn't slow down. Rip hulk smash #4.

The rest of the tent Is doing well and are building fuzzy buds quite nicely. The tent is also starting to smell really nice. Thank gd for carbon filters ha ha. A couple of the hulk smash are starting to put out resin, and one of the blue dream is catching up as well. The Orange glues are out pacing everything in the tent including c99 in the resin department.

On a separate note, does anyone know a where to get legitimate roadkill skunk seeds? All I can find is rumor and out of stock seeds.... Any leads would be appreciated. I'm looking to find the loudest straight side of the road bloated skunk smelling pot. I smoked it back When I was in high school, and would love to grow it at least once.

Last edited:

starke

FF: They smell like hard lemon candy with a hint of three day old gym socks, if that makes sense.

Bad news/good news this time. I found a second Hermie among the hulk smash. #4 hulk smash met the grim reaper last night. She was one of the more resinous one's with pretty nice structure. There were no open stamen, but 2 were almost ready to open. So probably not my best idea, but I collected pollen and hit hulk smash #6 with it. I pollinated one of the mid level colas with it. I will run the seeds in the next veg cycle. With any luck I'll get a dozen seeds or more to play with. I'm really curious as to what caused the hermies. No other strain in the tent is giving me grief. Anyhow Hulk smash #6 is the bushiest of the hulk smash, and looks like it will be a solid yeilder. Both #4 and #6 have aromas of sweet berries which is nice. Here's a picture of the cola that hopefully is knocked up and will produce some feminized seeds....

picture.php

Tazzie looks like you got some fire! How tall did she wind up? Even after topping multiple times mine refused to stay under 4 feel last time. How does she smell at harvest?

30 days into bloom and things are getting frosty. No new hermies have popped up so hopefully that is over with. Seed runs always fun. Does anyone following along have experience with dark horse genetics seeds?

gh0stm0de

Gorgeous orange glue. Looks like the trim will make for great concentrates. How would you describe the nose on that girl?

Stem rub and misc notes:
Orange glue #1 and #6 smells like Orange peels, sharp chemical cleaner, and a slight funk undertone. #6 has more funk to it. Bud structure is showing signs of being sativa leaning.

Blue dreams that I've not been paying much attention to are making a magical scent! #1 and #2 both smell like blueberry candy. Neither are taller than 2 feet, but have very dense buds on them. Also worth noting that the resin feels like sticky grease. I think there is hidden potential there and I will grow out one of them in dwc next round.

Hulk smash #6 is starting to get pungent. Fruit is taking a back seat to some sort of body odor/dirty underwear. I'm thinking she is going to get very loud. Maybe after all the hulk smash troubles, this one will make up for her siblings ��.

Tazzie looks like you got some fire! How tall did she wind up? Even after topping multiple times mine refused to stay under 4 feel last time. How does she smell at harvest?

Mine finished about 150cm tall with no topping but i only veg for 4weeks one smell like a tropical fruit smell a bit like fruit cup mix up cordial the second one smells like the same but with a hint of babby poo/spew kind of smell lol well thats how i would describe it

paper thorn

Veteran
i don't get around to these great grows around here enough these days. missing my C99 as i read this thread.
nice roots in that last root pic.
I see you use orca in your res?
i would get rot sometimes when i ran buckets, so i've switched to NFT and it's much better. i run a sterile res and never change or clean it. a little bleach every three or four days.
anyway, i can't wait to see the c99 finished up

Sounds like you got some winners there tazzie. Did you see much purpling with yours? Several of mine had some purpling late in flower.

I have had great success with orca. Other products have yet to be consistently as trouble free as orca. It's literally saved my plants from dying more times than I care to think about. I add orca at the start and when I add water to the rez. That's all it takes and I get crazy healthy roots.

You have any pictures of the roots on your nft setup paperthorn? Im curious what kind of results you are getting with bleach. I tried using Dutch master zone with my aero table and it lead to brown roots in late veg. Switched to orca and problems went away...

Oh and paperthorn your ray wylie Hubbard link in your signature is dead... that makes me sad. I love me some ray wylie hubbard! I had to go to houston for 2 weeks last summer, and got to see him live. The show was amazing and his son was killing it on lead guitar! His shows are one of those things under heaven that's cooler 'n hell.

Just a suggestion- give coulter wall and Tyler Childers a listen. There needs to be music like this on the radio.
https://youtu.be/oOIJecsnaWg
https://youtu.be/qSYkikkitS0

Last edited:
Starting to look like fall in the garden. Pictures are from the end of day 40. All of my Orange glues will be changing colors. Fan leaves have started changing color and there are hints of purple on some of the calyxes. I'm getting really stoked about how the aeroponics table is turning out. The plants are putting on weight and maturing nicely. The next round in the aero table will get training and a scrog net. The aero table has some serious untapped potential. I will be re running all the cuts, as first run with table was a little rocky to start. This will be the perfect time to split the tent in half to start a staggered harvest. Here's a couple pics of the girls starting to color up.

Hulk smash #1
picture.php

Orange glue #4
picture.php

Orange glue #6
picture.php

Another productive day in the garden! The ladies got their fan leaves removed, and most of them got lollypopped. The calyxes are swelling nicely, and my girls are gaining weight! From the looks of things harvest will cover 8 to possibly 10 weeks total. C99 and blue dream should finish at 8 the end of weeks easy. Hulk smash and Orange glue will possibly be finishing weeks 9 or 10. I'm not chopping Orange glue or hulk smash till I'm seeing some amber tricomes.

Hulk smash #1 is the smallest of the hulks, but it is the most dense plant in the tent! Serious potential with that one. I'll be running one of its clones in dwc and training it into a bush. So Orange glue #4 is stacking calyxes like her glue mother, and is the short/bushy plant. One of her clones will be getting a dwc bucket next round as well. The remaining 4 dwc buckets for next bloom are still up for debate.

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts