What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

[Help!!] Lights off and electricity issues. What would happen now?

MrAssassin

Hello. I just had electricity issues (no power at all) for 2 days

I'm at the beginning of the 4th week of flowering indoor

I'm using a portable generator now but the 1st day I could turn he lights on just for 4 hours instead of 12 and the 2nd day 9 hours instead of 12. I think this issues will still go for 1 or 2 more days. What would happen to my babies? Damn they look amazing and I feel so bad. Please help me guys :(

blowingupjake

I would use flash lights or a lot of candles or something to keep them on the same day/night schedule until your power returns.

They won't grow obviously but hopefully the little bit of light will keep them on schedule and help with the stress.

My 2¢

Stay Hazed

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
^^Lol @ candles and flashlights. Might as well throw a disco ball and 2 dollar well drinks in there to really get the party started:D jk man

To the OP. Nothing will happen in 2 days of darkness especially if you're 4 weeks in. Just pick up the normal light schedule when they pop on. Hope this helps

MrAssassin

I would use flash lights or a lot of candles or something to keep them on the same day/night schedule until your power returns.

They won't grow obviously but hopefully the little bit of light will keep them on schedule and help with the stress.

My 2¢

Stay Hazed

Thank you for your answer.

The main issue is that I have to use the generator from 8am to 8pm instead of normal schedule of 12am to 12pm because of the noise but at least I can give them the full light power.

Should I extend my flowering for some days before the harvest? Or should I use the usual methods to check if it's time to harvest

MrAssassin

^^Lol @ candles and flashlights. Might as well throw a disco ball and 2 dollar well drinks in there to really get the party started:D jk man

To the OP. Nothing will happen in 2 days of darkness especially if you're 4 weeks in. Just pick up the normal light schedule when they pop on. Hope this helps

Wow really? This relives me so much

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah they're better off in the dark than an ever changing light cycle ..... like oliver said .... resume normal flowering when the power comes back on . but make sure they're fed while lights are off , but they will not need as much , so don't over water them . :tiphat:

MrAssassin

So power now is back so they just suffered 1 day of darkness

Most of them seem normal but one has the leafs down and it seems like if it rejects the water..I'm afraid there is some sort of problem with the roots.

Or maybe I just didn't feed enough this one

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
feed her & give her some time under the lights , she'll be fine :tiphat:

blowingupjake

Glad someone saw the humor in my post :) :peacock: