What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Deficiency Problem...(sorry)

MrBungle

don't know what size pots you are using but a movie cup is probably about 40 ozs.. check the weight of your pots after a watering then water again when the pot is feeling significantly lighter

when you add big bloom.... that adds a lot of micros and good stuff your plant needs from the beginning of its life cycle til the end

The tiger bloom probably dropped your pH like a bad habit.. I'd be careful with that till you get everything back in order...

the most important thing to do is not to freak out.. just chalk this one up to a learning experience and move on to the next one... did you take clones?

Lethal

Hi,
I agree with the others this seems to be Ph related. From the picture I can see its affecting mainly the older leaves right? Did you see any other progression besides these necrotic dots? Manganese deficiency comes in certain steps so it's possible to catch it up earlier. If this was manganese Def. you would have spot other things like light discolouration usually intervenial etc... asi others mentioned take it as it is - learning experience. In case I have deficiencies showing up I do check my environment pests etc. next step is ph as I supply everything for the plants if something is missing it has to be due to limited ability to take up things. At least this was always the case with me. I am not fan of using vinegar as ph amendment - I do favor conventional solutions made for this purpose.

Stay cool try to reset the soil slightly by flushing and do have a ph meter to measure what are you giving them. Control always goes a long way...

Good luck Lethal

n_d_ledz

is this a manganese deficiency?

When you get to looking that deep into micros for your issue, you have over looked a "surface issue".

Take 1 and get it flushed. Run water through the soil for 3-4 minutes with a 5 min drain cycle about 3 times. Give it a half strength veg feeding and place back in the grow. Do not water again until the pot is light and soil is pulling away from the edges of the container.

This is not an "overnight" fix. No damaged leaves will recover. You just want the damage to stop.

It may sound counter productive to heavily water an "overwatered" plant, but the flushing process will drive loads of fresh DO into the soil which will help it recover.

1 capful of H2O2 in a gallon of water can be used on the last flushing cycle, before feeding, to increase soil DO and start killing what you dont want.

ancientorigins

Oh my I think I found the problem....tiger bloom Ph is 2.8 and in addition I've been adding way more vinegar than is needed, only takes 1/4 teaspoon to drop movie theatre size cup from 8-9 to 6.3 as I just found out..I think its safe to say it's an excessively low Ph solution that is the problem, just flushed with proper Ph water, that should do it...I'll post later with results, again, thanks for your professional input everyone, I'll learn as I go

ancientorigins

im starting to think its a soil/available nut issure rather than over feeding...possibly. Even my nut free water im feeding to veg's are getting the same brown spots...using ocean forest soil. My plants are getting annihilated...is flushing necessary to do regardless of health? Ph is okay, i just dont get it...

2wn8ffc.jpg

9fmlj7.jpg

ancientorigins

im starting to think its a calmag issure...i thought molasses had that covered...did some research doesnt sound like it. The spots look EXACTLY like a calcium and magnesium deficiency..

Roughrider

This is a ph issue - straight up. You can keep banging away with different nutrients and minerals, but the fact of the matter is the plant is going to move through all types of deficiency problems because it can't utilize or is over utilizing whatever you are giving her. The root zone is the heart of the plant and its screwed up due to some wicked ph problems. I would repot in fresh ocean forest and water her in with ph perfect RO. No nutrients at all until she finishes, as you are beyond controlling/maximizing yield at this point with this lady. For new growers I always like to explain ph health like this: "You can't drink anti-freeze, and expect the daily vitamins you take in any quantity to stave off kidney failure."

ancientorigins

okay good advice..although ive been watering my new veg/flowering auto's with perfect ph no feed and they are starting to get the same spots as all the rest have...

Latest posts

Latest posts