What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I hope to do one of these loops one day. Lots of options. I had a buddy do a month last year to go to the gulf and back and he speaks highly of the experience.

Attachments

• 7891EDC4-A9DE-47F5-B09D-9F4AC10B1F81.jpg
    7891EDC4-A9DE-47F5-B09D-9F4AC10B1F81.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 28

Aspenou812

Veteran
I hope to do one of these loops one day. Lots of options. I had a buddy do a month last year to go to the gulf and back and he speaks highly of the experience.

Wow... that would be super cool to do... Phathom wouldn’t be the boat for that kind of trip... She’s made to run at high speeds in inclement weather in the Gulf Stream... 40 foot and super beamy... she could make it of coarse but she’s a center console boat without any kind of shelter... She’s made for outrunning 60 to 70 foot inboard pilot house fishing boats in any weather conditions... And I love catching those 6 million dollar boats easily pulling up along side of them... they top out around 55 mph giving it all the have... A bump on the throttle and they become distant specks on the radar... they can’t run full out in anything 4 foot plus... I don’t even slow down unless the seas are 8 foot or so that’s when thing in a Catamaran get rough...
That looks like an amazingly cool trip for the right boat.. but I would want something with a bed and a real galley...

Aspenou812

Veteran
I had a bit of a scare the other day in the flower room... I lost 6 plants... had to chop them down... it was kinda sad...

I found pollen sacks... I think I was lucky and found them early... My scrogs proved them selves and my design... they made it easy to pull the plants and relocate the others I had to reconfigure 3 out of 6 trays removing one all together ... the important thing is the plants were not damaged in any way not even a single fan leaf or pollen sack broken... With pollen moisture is your friend... I fogged all the plants before removing them and I saw no dry pollen sacks in the tray or any evidence of pollen anywhere...I used my digital microscope to look on the lines and pvc frame of the scrog for pollen too...
so I chopped 6 plants and spent several hours looking through the 3 plants that didn’t have the sacks and about 6 hours going through the other plants in flower and I believe I dogged a bullet here... this was my first time seeing pollen sacks it freaked me out... the seeds in question are the Sunset Sherbet x Kona Sunset by Hammerhead... Hammerhead is real cool and taught me where to look on plants as I check them everyday adding a little more time to my routine but I would rather spend the time and be sure... that’s how I found them this time just spending quality time with the plants..

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Yeah it would be a diesel trawler trip and probably take a year. Your boat sounds pretty badass i gotta say. I can’t imagine the feeling of cruising around at night on the ocean at speed with the moon out. Boats are my favorite way to spend time and there is nothing better than boating in the night with todays electronics and lights.

Glad you caught the males trying to sneak in the party but maybe you got lucky and there are a couple dozen seeds in there when its over.

Last edited:

RockinRobot

Only way I got rid of them was complete teardown and pyrethium bomb every 3 days for 9 days with a cleanup after each bomb. Luckily they were only in my flower room and my veg area was safe.

Akss

Them things give me nightmares. I had em so bad i was vacuuming the fuckers off the plants. Lol i got so sick of it i shut down for the summer a few months which wasnt so bad as im pretty busy that time of year Cleaned bombed a few times this was many years ago though. They came in on a blueberry cut dude said this stuff is gonna take over your whole garden and it did was a great cut. I havent seem them since then but i also haven't taken in a clone since then which also sucks i see many that i want.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
damn, sounds like you didn’t get all stages of their growth. until you break each stage of their life cycle they will just keep re-emerging....they never really were eradicated, just knocked back I suspect.

spider mite info

eyesdownchronic

i just finished a bout with russet mites, and all i can say is i slept a lot better when i used beneficials over hard pesticides. (they also actually worked, ive been mite free for months, well at least bad mite free haha.) with pesticides you can never know if you sprayed / cleaned well enough, but with beneficials you just put them out and they do the work. and if you're too deep into flower it could be to late for hard pesticides.

spraying with clear water is an effective way to knock back their numbers. the mechanical action of the spraying can knock them off, drown them, and the increased humidity around the leaves will slow down their reproduction. in the meantime buy some bennies. persimillis are voracious spider mite predators that are pretty cheap. go with some persimillis and fallacis. hypoasis miles can also help clean up any mites in the soil or growing area.

Last edited: