What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
1500$ in the ghetto wolrd for a grow is like a million bucks lol !!! Check out my thread i started it with less than 50$ to start .Im still on the same grow i bought a 1k hps 20$ bought some AN connessieur but to start it was pure organic even miracle grow yes the blue one ...i made calcium from egg shells K with banana peels dried and grounded same with the eggs i used epson salt for mag. Believe it or not the miracle grow makes them huge real real fast. Go light light blue i use the smaller side of there spoon and only 1 cap . shit4 or 5 days ago i ran out of AN i sure gave them miracle grow so i wouldn't miss a beat shit works what lou grew . grew over 68lbs on miracle grow from seed to harvest lol lol true story look it up. Ohhh and my seeds are bag seed dank. The bud en smells crazy fruity pungent citrus Original Glue smell nuts .. So if your really looking to grow with just some seeds and some dirt u can do it i even made my first pots for my mom's out of roofing paper. A stapler and grocery bags lol and i made a hood2 with shit i found laying around the house. All i bought was the bulbs and some 2$ sockets

The dr earth was like 5$ i add to the soil then i grind up finer and do like a tea watering works good. For N i used alaska fish 5-1-1 also like 6 $ i started them in egg cartons then cups cuz i didn't even have enough soil @ first look at that.

Check my garden out now what she turned out to be @ a shoe string level

holy smokes! thats serous ghetto growin!
we like brothers from anuthamutha!
ii have my eggshells ground up and in the wormbins right now
the nanner peels, , can you elaborate, whats your prep,dosage and stuff?
the miracle grow works, an is hydro stuff, i use the alaska weekly
the hoods and ballasts n stuff was cheap around here so , yeah
anywho, the point i made with this thread is , after 3 years
dont do what i did
grow in soil, dont invest so much in hydro gear unless you prefer the extra time and work needed to make it good
and youve reinforced it

how long you been killing t with the homemade nutes bro?

iLuv2BlAzE

Just this season actually my first grow haha after being on here for 10 years actually got to it.. The banana peels i dry them in the oven till there dried then i grind them up i just add that shit to the water shake real good and add. It was basically a do or die situation broke as shit lol. Now my situation is a little better so im able to buy some AN connessieur on my 3rd liter set. Im just glad i started it and went improving as $ started rolling in .some clones could get transplanted this week some have to wait that was my dilemma then buckets lucky i found 2 gallon sand buckets for 1$ @ the dollar store lol i was like imagine that 7$ for a 3 gallon pot and i needed like 40 broke as shit jajajaja ohhh i forgot to mention before they went into the 1$ buckets i made grow bags from construction bags and a sealer i have they work great. I still have like 15 in bags that never made it to pots once they started flowrring hard i didnt want to move them. U can basically make em any size u want once the dirt is in there they seem to find a way to stand on there own. But yea man it can be done with a 5$ bag of dr earth nuts and a 3$ bag of black top soil some bag seed and your on uour way bro !! Before i built the 6 light cfl hood i just haf the cfls hangin from a closet pole .i harvested 2 plants smokin n curing sum now got like 3 weeks left i got like 30+ outside and like 13 inside under the 1k i paid 20$ for. bulb ballast batwing it aint aircooled but shit it works lol

The growth on that giant plant after the first miracle grow feeding 2 days later was like night and day 2 different strains . i already had hacked them up pretty good for clones cuz i was a little late. So i took em outside and did a heavy miracle grow feed 1 got burned bad but survived the one in the pic she literally exploded in growth ..

And why pay 7$ for 3 gallon pot when for 1.98 u can get 3 gallon buckets with handle i put them one into another grabbed a drill with a bit 1/2 inch ans drilled out like 10 pots at a time easy peasy

The best one so far tho lol...my milk crate fence on the balcony cuz i dont have a railing yet lol lol it is what it is smh:laughing::biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_20170727_183147.jpg
    IMG_20170727_183147.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20170927_112526.jpg
    20170927_112526.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 3b1f56a3-0a64-40ef-a923-067b9a36ed97.jpg
    3b1f56a3-0a64-40ef-a923-067b9a36ed97.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20171002_084533.jpg
    20171002_084533.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20171006_201514.jpg
    20171006_201514.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20171006_201508.jpg
    20171006_201508.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20171006_201440.jpg
    20171006_201440.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
holy smokes! thats serous ghetto growin!
we like brothers from anuthamutha!
ii have my eggshells ground up and in the wormbins right now
the nanner peels, , can you elaborate, whats your prep,dosage and stuff?
the miracle grow works, an is hydro stuff, i use the alaska weekly
the hoods and ballasts n stuff was cheap around here so , yeah
anywho, the point i made with this thread is , after 3 years
dont do what i did
grow in soil, dont invest so much in hydro gear unless you prefer the extra time and work needed to make it good
and youve reinforced it

how long you been killing t with the homemade nutes bro?

Yeah I think it depends on what style of grower you are, how serious you are, and how much money your willing to put back. For example someone who wants to up his game and isnt a serious smoker can sell most of his harvest and just reinvest. In which case the money will be well spent on hydro equipment, and if he gets it dialed in can get bigger yields and faster. So I think it comes down to finding your own style and groove, which for you was more towards the quality and ease of organics, I also made the decision to go towards organics , and away from soilless and hydro. But that was also because I knew I could take my organics experience and apply it to outdoors in the future. Hydro knowledge wouldn't transfer as well to outdoor growing. As well I have my grow in a place with hardwood floors, so If I ever had any flooding I would be screwed.

So I guess its best to start with basic soil or soilless and then decide which direction to take it and figuring out what your style is.

Cheers

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
1500$ in the ghetto wolrd for a grow is like a million bucks lol !!! Check out my thread i started it with less than 50$ to start .Im still on the same grow i bought a 1k hps 20$ bought some AN connessieur but to start it was pure organic even miracle grow yes the blue one ...i made calcium from egg shells K with banana peels dried and grounded same with the eggs i used epson salt for mag. Believe it or not the miracle grow makes them huge real real fast. Go light light blue i use the smaller side of there spoon and only 1 cap . shit4 or 5 days ago i ran out of AN i sure gave them miracle grow so i wouldn't miss a beat shit works what lou grew . grew over 68lbs on miracle grow from seed to harvest lol lol true story look it up. Ohhh and my seeds are bag seed dank. The bud en smells crazy fruity pungent citrus Original Glue smell nuts .. So if your really looking to grow with just some seeds and some dirt u can do it i even made my first pots for my mom's out of roofing paper. A stapler and grocery bags lol and i made a hood2 with shit i found laying around the house. All i bought was the bulbs and some 2$ sockets

The dr earth was like 5$ i add to the soil then i grind up finer and do like a tea watering works good. For N i used alaska fish 5-1-1 also like 6 $ i started them in egg cartons then cups cuz i didn't even have enough soil @ first look at that.

Check my garden out now what she turned out to be @ a shoe string level

Yeah I think it depends on what style of grower you are, how serious you are, and how much money your willing to put back. For example someone who wants to up his game and isnt a serious smoker can sell most of his harvest and just reinvest. In which case the money will be well spent on hydro equipment, and if he gets it dialed in can get bigger yields and faster. So I think it comes down to finding your own style and groove, which for you was more towards the quality and ease of organics, I also made the decision to go towards organics , and away from soilless and hydro. But that was also because I knew I could take my organics experience and apply it to outdoors in the future. Hydro knowledge wouldn't transfer as well to outdoor growing. As well I have my grow in a place with hardwood floors, so If I ever had any flooding I would be screwed.

So I guess its best to start with basic soil or soilless and then decide which direction to take it and figuring out what your style is.

Cheers

well i just think you can get itno this with just a few bucks,
just keepin it simple is my thoughts
im always tempted to try new mediums and styles, and may still do so in the future, i just want to get this organics dialed in before complicating things

this is a newbie thread. and i hope it helps other newbies
it was one of the rare grow threads that is actually completed by a newbie, and it has had legs, people are still comng in to comment so, its a mostly useful jpourney into a dwc setup

not tryna toot my own horn.

i like that its relvant and still gets hits.

thanks to everyone for keeping it on the first page of the newie forum since it was started

:laughing:
:tiphat:

humblebrag finished

thanks for coming in luv - you are mostly hanging with the big dogs and stuff

and paulie
i like watching your grow

iLuv2BlAzE

Hey boyd .paulie... Like boyd said for newbies trying to start on a BUDGET ! i think its inspirational to say the least ...just look at me ...talking about it its been raining all morning fuck my outside garden smh

I'm one of those that likes to have everything i need u know how it goes.. But truthfully if You ust do it .it will happen i wanted aircooled hoods the works but sometimes u just have to be realistic... My first light a 1k hps batwing with a loud ass humming magnetic ballast that weighs more than a small child lol.fkkk it .it works!!!

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
So how are the Biker's doing?

hi dubs, funny you should ask
its day 34ish
heres some crown pron
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

luv - 13 fucking miles lol
i couldnt run 1300 feet lol
i do swim a mile a day and do an hour yoga class about 5 times a week
at my age , im lowimpactasfuck

i do enjoy my workouts tho
im prolly gonna need to add a weightlifting regiment this winter tho

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Nice man !! I love Karma's gear. Got some (TK x Tahoe) x Biker of his I'm dying to flip.

so far my only complaint is its reluctance to show sex and its loudness
bro

bugs gifted me some goodies , finally got a gg4 cut, some blueberry and
some other stuff i think he said may have come from your stable ,my memorries a lil fuzzy tho, could be quite wrong lol
anyways , he passed 7 lil gems my way so, im quaratined and nirsing before we run em into some veg pots and full light

its gonna be tough deciding whichoif these bikerz to keep
they have all turned out really consistent at the moment, despite the vegging part. there was a real standout going into the flip, but now its a dead three way heat to the finish
ima run these a full 11 weeks if the growgods decide i did a good enough job on the quaratine and any other issues that may come up
cant wait to see the karma stuff from clone
i do have a pheno in a 2 gal bag in there atabout 2 weeks and its looking better thaqn the from seeds did at the same moment
im definitely gonna modify my container sizes after tis round
im tired of these 10 gals tqaking up som much space
id like to try using smaller pots and having a wider variety on deck

whats your most common pot siaze?

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
well , bugs told me that the bb3 he gifted wasnt blueberry at all
its hightimes mag strongest weed on the planet 2014 - the legendary
bruce banner #3
thats a bang up job bro
thank you
heres some current derpage
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Goodness. Thts a wonderful gift man. Ive been wanting to pull the trigger on some kings bamner since you cant rewlly find bb anywhere. One of my fav strains ever man. You ever need anyone to take so.e beans off ya im your man. Haha

K

Kundalf

The best tip is updated on the start;) From 1500$ you can go to 500$ with organic soil and you will be satisfied!

K

Kundalf

I started such gheto grow with approx about 200$ and some of the stuff is still running:)

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
growing was fun- i wasnt willing to put the time into it i should have
i had to shutdown a last may

i gifted my entire library to my bud, hes an organic outdoor pro

my gear collects dust in the storage ...........

cant wait till its legal
ill grow about 10-15 trees in my yard lol

i stil lurk around here to keep up with my friends

but
yeah
bye bye for now

9 1/2

One thing I learned in rdwc is that ur air stones cannot go over 15-20psi meaning to much oxygen to the roots creates problems.