What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpinator is not Unsafe to use

Mr. Krinkle

if you need some product to help your buds smell better, you should probably start over and see what you're doing wrong first

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Jesus Christ.
Religion won't help you ;) .
He's actually right because, according to many of the dozens of definitions for heavy metal, iron, zinc, manganese, copper, molybdenum, and all the other minor ones are regarded as heavy metals :) . I'd like to point out that molybdenum is about as heavy/dense as lead, silver, or thallium, all of which are, unlike iron, copper, and zinc due their lower toxicity and higher abundance, commonly regarded as 'real' heavy metals.

frostqueen

Giberellic Acid , Jasmonic Acid , and Potassium Sulfate = Terpinator. And you can take that to the bank.

Cite source?

Gibberellic Acid...? Hmm. I seriously doubt that's in there. But you must have info that I don't... please share a link.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Sales rep said potassium sulfate in the bottle. They keep on having contamination problems, so I'm assuming some kind of sugar in there as well.

Drewsif

It's fucking fruit scented sugar water. Its dangerous to smoke. Burnt sugar on the lungs = you cant breath.

These sugars products are the only ones that physical cause observable negative effects. They restrict my breathing. Dont need a lab for that. Don't need a lab to know half the bud in America taste exactly like the snake oil it was grown with. Whether it's Derpinator or super budtastic 2000. Everyone's soaking product into their plants. You can smell and taste the shit. Easily. Unmistakably.

Cannabis growers need to stop the circle jerk and stop calling these snake oil products "fertilizers". They are additives and adulterants,in the way they are used and intended to be used. Koolaid growing. Honey water harvesting. Boy howdy its science and shit, boys! No. Its soaking your plant in sugar water and being amazed that it takes on the properties of a plant soaked in sugar water. (heavier, frosty, swollen, Sweet smelling lol)

Who cares about the ingredients. Your don't need plant hormones premixed in sugar water do you? Some token ingredients serving their exact purpose: gets people defending these garbage crop products on the internet (where you can't tell every one of someone's plants smells like terpinator pineapple juice regardless of the strain)

BubbaBear

Terpinator is not Unsafe to use...Its just a shite product that causes lower yields. I'm glad to see everyone starting to hate on this product. Its the definition of a snake oil product.

I was given a free bottle to try a couple years ago. When it lacked the the results it was claiming I contacted the manufacturer, they told me to start using it in veg at 60ml a gallon for optimum results. I laughed my ass off and told them it would probably work better as a lube to go fuck themselves with.

Rondon

The stuff is way expensive for what it does. I used it 3 crops in a row about a year ago. Meh...no thanks. Frosted out buds that hit a certain size and got no bigger. The resulting dried and cured bud all tasted like fake apricots. All different strains. Even my real dank kushy strains had this fake fruit painted on taste on the back end of a toke. I used it at 10 ml per gallon about a week before flowering. Adding 5 ml. every week until I topped out at about 30 ml about week 4 or 5 until week 7 or 8. It makes plants more frosty. And loud in terpene smell but at a cost of smaller buds and this fake sweet fruit taste. Tried it with several popular cuts like Glue...Dream...Og...and a few others. Its not for me. Oh...and I know a guy at Mchigan State University that told me its main ingrediants are Giberellic Acid..Jasmonic Acid..and Potassium Sulfate. And a little bit of sugars and plant esthers. Thats whats in it.

TenderloinSG

OK, so second time someone's saying there's Gibberellic Acid in Terpinator. Can anybody confirm that somehow?

PS. From what I understand, the stuff is used to make fem seeds because it causes herms... Why put that in there?

Rondon

Gib CAN cause intersex in seedlings. It isnt why people use it. But it is a hormone and has its uses. Makes plants STRETCH for one. Its one of 3 main hormones growers can use to make plants do what they want. The other 2 being Auxins and Cytokinins.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Just a quick FYI that the information circulating that the Terpinator is full of heavy metals and is unsafe to use is complete misinformation...

https://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.aspx?pname=7211

It appears someone actually went to the trouble to alter the numbers and post it as fact to several sites. If you look closely at the numbers, the values actually indicate that the metals were beyond detectable for the given tests. Hope it helps.

This is why I went with true living organics so I don't have to worry about that kinda contamination. Thanks for the heads up!

TenderloinSG

Gib CAN cause intersex in seedlings. It isnt why people use it. But it is a hormone and has its uses. Makes plants STRETCH for one. Its one of 3 main hormones growers can use to make plants do what they want. The other 2 being Auxins and Cytokinins.

Thanks for the info, Rondon. That makes sense.

For what it's worth, here's what I learned from personal experience:

I used terpinator in full recommended strength (30ml/gal) on two "test" plants in my last run (sour apple, white buffalo; rockwool cubes). Both are stable cuts that I've run before.

Results: first off, I discovered a single seed in the sour apple finished buds. Really, just one. That cut has never hermed before and there were definitely no other herms in the room. So I believe it must have hermed and self pollinated, which supports the claim that terpinator contains Gib, I guess.

I did not notice any unusual stretching, tho.

Both plants came out phenomenal, slightly better than the last run in terms of density and smell. However, the terpinator added a bit of a sweet aftertaste to both. I can't say it really altered the smell or flavor compared to previous runs, but it added some noticeable sweet note to the smoke...