What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BioBizz anyone.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
exacty! but he guy seems to know growing and plant chemistry really well... he says that the increase in grow could somehow help reducing P and increasing K at the end which should help getting a cleaner tastier smoke... he goes preatty inside chemistry which would take long time for me to fully understand... basically saying biogrow is not just N and goes into looking what are the actual substances inside biogrow providing N ending up briefly explaining why raising biogrow at the end would help raise the potash levels and reduce the phosphorous and also get a "better NPK ratio"...
i was curious to see if anyone dared :D to follow his schedule because i didn't really understand his explanations... maybe i'll do a side-by-side! i have 3 clones of my Goji OG keeper in veg, i've already stopped ph-ing one, now i will also try oldtimer's end flowering thing :)

in that thread (which however is preatty old, i think back from 2005...) some people (including him i think) were saying fishmix is a better more ready source of N... did you use biogrow and switched to fishmix? do you like it better? might get myself a bottle! :)
:tiphat:

I'd like to hear of your results doing a side by side.

I've used both grow and fishmix. I decided fishmix was superior as it's the same price as grow, contains exactly the same ingredients (fermented beet extract), with the addition of fish emulsion which helps condition the soil. I'd suggest giving it a try!

Peace

I'd like to hear of your results doing a side by side.

I've used both grow and fishmix. I decided fishmix was superior as it's the same price as grow, contains exactly the same ingredients (fermented beet extract), with the addition of fish emulsion which helps condition the soil. I'd suggest giving it a try!

Peace
i will share my results here as soon as they get into flowering! :)

i'll definetely buy a bottle of fishmix (thanks for your input!), once i've finished this small biogrow bottle... another thing about biobizz i've learnt is that it's better to get small bottles if you don't have that many plants (i usually flower 8-12 plants under 600 W), because even the 1 liters will last really long and after a while they smell funny! :D (and are much less effective) biobizz says bottles closed and stored properly last about 12-24 months (24 i think in a fridge). but when i bought 1 liters they would last 3+ years... :yoinks:
about 2 years ago i trashed an unfinished bottle of top max i had for 3 years... it smelled like DEATH

Last edited:
I used in the past Biobizz, just the grow and the bloom but i think i have used them wrong. I have just two grows under my belt and the last were a few years back.

I had my plants into large pots,20 liter ones and i started to use the grow nutrient just when i started to see the plants that are rout bound. I usually kept my seedling 6 weeks into veg so i didnt needed to start to give them nuts to early.

After i started the flowering cycle i stopped the grow nutrient altogether and started with the bloom.Was this a mistake? Should i have used grow+bloom together until the end?

I did had some problems with early yellowing when i switched into the 12/12 but nothing to bad. Im not an experimented grower but i also think i had some calcium and or magnesium problems too.

Again, not one of this problem caused the plants too much harm, in the end i had very serious buds, just look the attached pictures but why to run into problems even if they are small if they can be avoided by using the nutrients like they should.
The early yellowing for me was a stress, i think much bigger as for the plants,hehe.

So if i start again to grow something i would like to still use Biobizz products but i need to know to do it right so my plants to be happy.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 25 JULY 12 weeks LSD and 10 weeks Cheese.jpg
    25 JULY 12 weeks LSD and 10 weeks Cheese.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC01289 7 weeks buds.jpg
    DSC01289 7 weeks buds.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC01830.jpg
    DSC01830.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC01302w.r. 8 weeks.jpg
    DSC01302w.r. 8 weeks.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
G

ganjygav

I used in the past Biobizz, just the grow and the bloom but i think i have used them wrong. I have just two grows under my belt and the last were a few years back.

I had my plants into large pots,20 liter ones and i started to use the grow nutrient just when i started to see the plants that are rout bound. I usually kept my seedling 6 weeks into veg so i didnt needed to start to give them nuts to early.

After i started the flowering cycle i stopped the grow nutrient altogether and started with the bloom.Was this a mistake? Should i have used grow+bloom together until the end?

I did had some problems with early yellowing when i switched into the 12/12 but nothing to bad. Im not an experimented grower but i also think i had some calcium and or magnesium problems too.

Again, not one of this problem caused the plants too much harm, in the end i had very serious buds, just look the attached pictures but why to run into problems even if they are small if they can be avoided by using the nutrients like they should.
The early yellowing for me was a stress, i think much bigger as for the plants,hehe.

So if i start again to grow something i would like to still use Biobizz products but i need to know to do it right so my plants to be happy.

Thanks for the help!

Yes fella,
You use the grow all the way through. That was the cause of the yellow not enough nitrogen.
Also with biobizz the plants need a shot of magnesium around day 21 (week 3) of flower. I spray my plants twice with Epsom salts mixed in water during week 3.
Epsom salts are a cheap and excellent sauce for magnesium and sulphur ,plants love it.

Follow the biobizz feed schedule but use a little less than what they suggest, give the plants a spray with Epsom salts in week 3 of flower and your plants will stay nice and green until the end of flower.

Biobizz is great, always produces the best tasting and smelling buds.

Thanks @ganjy! We have plenty of Epson over here too, how much Epson salt do you add to your water for foliar feeding? Do you only do this just twice in the whole flowering cycle?

What about Calcium, is there any in the Biobizz nuts or you suplement this as well?
Like i said, i only used the grow and the bloom. Im thinking maybe to add the TopMax too, is it worth it?

Thanks bro for the input!

BioBloom and the Allmix Soil are worth it,wouldnt touch the other Products though. Instead google a Shop that sells Hydrolized Fish Powder, use that instead of the much worse Fish Emulsion that Biobizz sells. Buy Vinasse, which is similar to Molasses which has lots of Nitrogen. Thats to be used instead of BioBizz Grow for 1/10 the Price.

G

ganjygav

Thanks @ganjy! We have plenty of Epson over here too, how much Epson salt do you add to your water for foliar feeding? Do you only do this just twice in the whole flowering cycle?

What about Calcium, is there any in the Biobizz nuts or you suplement this as well?
Like i said, i only used the grow and the bloom. Im thinking maybe to add the TopMax too, is it worth it?

Thanks bro for the input!

I use topmax, fishmix and bloom. My tapwater is full of calcium too much so, I never worry about adding any and never see any defiency either. I don't know if topmax does what it claims but I use it anyway. After years of using mineral feeds and switching to biobizz I got my personal best yield and better quality buds.

I use one level teaspoon of Epsom per litre of water when I spray and I spray twice during week 3 maybe a little earlier if it's needed 3 days apart.

GoatCheese

Veteran
BioBloom and the Allmix Soil are worth it,wouldnt touch the other Products though. Instead google a Shop that sells Hydrolized Fish Powder, use that instead of the much worse Fish Emulsion that Biobizz sells. Buy Vinasse, which is similar to Molasses which has lots of Nitrogen. Thats to be used instead of BioBizz Grow for 1/10 the Price.
Hi.
Are [FONT=&quot]Vinasse fertilizers usually as concentrated as BioBizz Grow, do you know? Imo, a bottle of BioBizz Grow lasts a good while = 2ml or even less is enough to keep plants growing healthy in veg.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Does Vinasse work well for keeping mother plants for long time or could there be some deficiencies in the long run? ,,or would i have to use some other fert along with it?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I think BioBizz might use Vinasse in their nutrients, cause i have read they use a "byproduct of alcohol industry" in (some) of their stuff.
:)
[/FONT]

Hi.
Are [FONT=&quot]Vinasse fertilizers usually as concentrated as BioBizz Grow, do you know? Imo, a bottle of BioBizz Grow lasts a good while = 2ml or even less is enough to keep plants growing healthy in veg.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Does Vinasse work well for keeping mother plants for long time or could there be some deficiencies in the long run? ,,or would i have to use some other fert along with it?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I think BioBizz might use Vinasse in their nutrients, cause i have read they use a "byproduct of alcohol industry" in (some) of their stuff.
:)
[/FONT]

Hi, i think Grow is just Vinasse, If your using Allmix or similar fertilized Soil, just Vinasse would be enough for a few Month at least.

QUOTE=ADHDGrower;8160164]BioBloom and the Allmix Soil are worth it,wouldnt touch the other Products though. Instead google a Shop that sells Hydrolized Fish Powder, use that instead of the much worse Fish Emulsion that Biobizz sells. Buy Vinasse, which is similar to Molasses which has lots of Nitrogen. Thats to be used instead of BioBizz Grow for 1/10 the Price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback, i dont use their soil, i use some cheap universal soil that have some nutrients in it. I didnt thought about using their fish mix, just the grow, bloom and maybe top max.

I get them fairly cheap in my country, the grow and the bloom. I will look into vinasse and see if i can get some but maybe i camt find it in my country and just the shipping cost will exceed the price of a bottle of bio grow, will see.

I use topmax, fishmix and bloom. My tapwater is full of calcium too much so, I never worry about adding any and never see any defiency either. I don't know if topmax does what it claims but I use it anyway. After years of using mineral feeds and switching to biobizz I got my personal best yield and better quality buds.

I use one level teaspoon of Epsom per litre of water when I spray and I spray twice during week 3 maybe a little earlier if it's needed 3 days apart.

Thanks for the Epson salt tip, i will use it too. I will read more about top max, sincerely i don't even know whats in it.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I will read more about top max, sincerely i don't even know whats in it.

At a grow store the guy working there told us not to use Top Max from the start of the flowering as BioBizz recommends, but only after week 5 when the buds/resin usually starts really packing on most modern indoor hybrids. He said using it much earlier is just a waste of the product.

For a 11 week plant i usually give it Top Max about 1-2 ml/litre for few weeks starting at week 5 or 6. Then a little more at weeks 8-10,but none at the last week before harvest, just plain water.

Diskokobaja

Guys I just run out of topmax and bio haven..What would be good cheaper substitution.. Keep in mind im In eu.

Due to heir claim to not check ph..
fck that.my tap water is 8.6 and If I dont lower it in 2nd week of flower i get nute lock.

G

Guys I just run out of topmax and bio haven..What would be good cheaper substitution.. Keep in mind im In eu.

Due to heir claim to not check ph..
fck that.my tap water is 8.6 and If I dont lower it in 2nd week of flower i get nute lock.

Hey...Yeah sure 8.6 tap and no pH is definitely going to cause issues///

Reagarding Bioheaven you could use anything with aminoacids (for example AN Nirvana is cheaper ) and for top max sth with fulvic/humic acids,you sould be able to find those kind of products in agricultural shops,don;t have to go to growshop.

Latest posts

Latest posts