What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BioBizz anyone.

I resume this oldish thread to hopefully clear a couple of doubts i have:

- i read here one shouldn't ph down the feeding solution using biobizz... I have used BB for 5 years with nice results always ph'ing down. My water has a high ph, the solution is usually around 7.5/8 ph. I use canna "organic acid" ph-down which i think is basically citric acid... I ph down until the end, even when giving plants only water at the very end (at least 2 weeks)

- i read an old thread on another forum where this grower (oldtimer1) adviced to cut the bloom (from 3-4 ml/l to 1) and double the grow (from 1 to 2) as soon as pistils start change colour. This should improve taste lowering P and have a better NPK ratio towards the end...
Does this make sense for anyone?
I was thinking about doing a sidebyside with 2 clones from same mom using my schedule (which is not the same for every plant but based on biobizz chart... I use rootjuice, bioheaven, biogrow, biobloom, topmax and occasionally algamic also as a foliar spray). I also use molasses and cannazym) and oldtimer1's...

Man i can't wait to be able to edit posts! :)
Just re-read and thought i shoul've been more precise...
About doubt 2 - i normally decrease biobloom towards the end, don't flush i just give a lil molasses and cannazym then just water for 2 weeks at least.
What sounds strange to me is doubling the grow (i never fed 2 ml/l biogrow)... I always try to cut N right after stretch in flowering, especially with OGs...
But i'm curious! :)

The Revolution

Veteran
Biobizz used to send out sample boxes of all their nutes. I had excellent success incorporating their nutes in AACT. I believe their nutes are plant derived, all organic. Pretty basic nutes, that def work well. I would recommend them!

Biobizz used to send out sample boxes of all their nutes. I had excellent success incorporating their nutes in AACT. I believe their nutes are plant derived, all organic. Pretty basic nutes, that def work well. I would recommend them!

I've been using biobizz for many grows i'm also happy with them!
I hope tho someone can chime in and clear up these 2 doubts i have...
Maybe i can get more out of the bizz! :)

GoatCheese

Veteran
I've used biobizz since I started and have been using a pack that I purchased about four years ago with good results. It's about to run out and I notice they have changed their packaging and the formula of the nutes since I bought them last.

The grow used to be 8-2-6 but is now 4-3-6. The bloom ratio has changed slightly too. I wonder why they did this as I had very good results with the original ratio.

Are you guys still using yoiur biobizz and getting good results?

Thanks!

Peace

LOL! I only just noticed the change in formula after reading this post! I have been giving the same amount to my veg plants and haven't noticed any difference, and because i have been tweeking my flowering nutes lately anyways, so no apparent change there either.

Have been using BioBizz Grow and Bloom for 10 years and i'm quite happy with them. Tomatos and chilis like them too.
:)

G

ganjygav

Biobizz is the nuts. I used it one grow and had my healthiest crop yet. Trying different nutes this grow and getting calmag problems.

Do you guys ph-down when using biobizz?
Someone on this thread mentioned ph-downing should be avoided using biobizz cause it kills microbial activity...
Also, have you ever tried "oldtimer's schedule"? (See my first post on previous page...)

G

ganjygav

Someone on this thread mentioned ph-downing should be avoided using biobizz cause it kills microbial activity...
Also, have you ever tried "oldtimer's schedule"? (See my first post on previous page...)

I used ph down, everything that went in was 6.5 ph. Didn't have no issues doing so either.

GoatCheese

Veteran

Why would it kill anything when the amount you put in is very, very small? I put something like 0.1 ml per a litre of water.

Maybe it could burn your nutes if you do it the wrong way around = You put your nutes in first, and then the ph-down/up and so it might "burn" some nutes "regionally" before you have time to mix it all in.

But if you add the PH-down first and shake well before adding the nutes and additives, i can't see how this would mess it up.

getbuck

Hi guys, first time organic/biobizz grower here.

My ladies are in all-mix which is quite a hot soil. They were transplanted into 3gal cointainers with fresh all-mix about 3 weeks ago, when they showed symptoms of N deficit in their small pots (potting soil, from seed). Flipped to 12/12 one week ago.

I haven't been feeding them any grow or bloom, just water PH'd with lemon juice concentrate, and a bit of seaweed extract a few times.
They girls are doing fantastic with vigorous growth and a lush deep green colour. Since biobizz bloom now has nitrogen in it (NPK 2-7-4), it got me thinking that maybe I'm better off with using just the bloom instead of grow/bloom combo.

The soil obviously has a shitload of nutrients in it, and all the new and old growth is very healthy. Is there something critical my plants will be missing if I don't use grow at all, and just stick with bloom+seaweed? I'm thinking about starting the girls with some bloom this week, very mild dosage...

getbuck

Also, I'm not watering till run-off. Currently giving them little under a liter of water and that keeps the soil moist for about 3-4 days.

G

ganjygav

Yeah they will be missing the fuckload of N they need first few weeks of flower.
I started feeding the allmix soil 10 days after final pot up.
Your plants might look good now but come 3 weeks flower they will get problems,start eating themselves.
You absolutely need to combine the grow and bloom. Also a shot of Epsom at week 3.
Also less than a litre every 2 to 3 days sounds a little low.

getbuck

Yeah they will be missing the fuckload of N they need first few weeks of flower.
I started feeding the allmix soil 10 days after final pot up.
Your plants might look good now but come 3 weeks flower they will get problems,start eating themselves.
You absolutely need to combine the grow and bloom. Also a shot of Epsom at week 3.
Also less than a litre every 2 to 3 days sounds a little low.

My plants are not huge, around 30cm right now, and judging by the colour of the foliage they might at this point be actually closer to N toxicity than wanting more N. My gut tells me to hold back on the grow/N and start with a mild bloom feed soon. Could I do this, monitor the lower leaves for nitrogen-hunger and then pop the grow, or would this be a "too little too late" approach?

G

ganjygav

My plants are not huge, around 30cm right now, and judging by the colour of the foliage they might at this point be actually closer to N toxicity than wanting more N. My gut tells me to hold back on the grow/N and start with a mild bloom feed soon. Could I do this, monitor the lower leaves for nitrogen-hunger and then pop the grow, or would this be a "too little too late" approach?

I just started feeding when I was told to start feeding by another member who has used biobizz for years.
Imo if you leave it until you start to see any issues you might have left it too late. Prevention is better than a cure,no?
With the next feeding give it half strength grow in with the bloom if ya worried.
I just jumped in giving it full strength and never had any issues with it burning.
Even with the feeding I was giving one of my plants had deficiencies.
But for the most part my plants came down at 9 weeks and still looked as good as most people's do at 6 weeks.
Trust in the biobizz regime,give it half strength like I say if ya worried and if you see no problems a few days after feeding bump it up.

I've gone back to chemical bytes now and I'm feeding that full strength every watering and my plants are handling it really well. I think people read random stuff off these forums and scare themselves.
I started feeding under the amount recommended by nute companies and my plants suffered for it.
Sure there are some plants that don't like loads of food,so adapt it for them.
But don't treat all plants that way. How would you like it if someone took half your meals away? You would be hungry right? That's the way I see it anyway lol.

As I said, I've fed full strength for past 2 grows without any problems going further than maybe some yellow leaf tips.

G

ganjygav

This was my last grow using biobizz full strength every watering. This was at harvest,just over 9 weeks flower. You see, just some burnt leaf tips. Who cares about burnt leaf tips, you ain't smoking the leaves lol. Buds were perfect,lots of smell and colour.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

getbuck

Thats a tasty looking plant homie!
Thanks for your input, I think I'll get a bottle of grow and start off light.

G

ganjygav

Thats a tasty looking plant homie!
Thanks for your input, I think I'll get a bottle of grow and start off light.

That's best, if after 3 or 4 days you see no problems bump ya feeding up. It's hard to over feed organically, not impossible but hard to do. On the other hand it's really easy to under feed. Keep that in mind.

Yeah those plants were black widow x blue lemon Thai . Nice plants to grow, yield wasn't massive but average. Smoke was awesome on a couple of the phenos. All gone now so I'm buying it off friends who grow. My next lost will be finnished in 4 weeks hopefully.

I used ph down, everything that went in was 6.5 ph. Didn't have no issues doing so either.

Why would it kill anything when the amount you put in is very, very small? I put something like 0.1 ml per a litre of water.

Maybe it could burn your nutes if you do it the wrong way around = You put your nutes in first, and then the ph-down/up and so it might "burn" some nutes "regionally" before you have time to mix it all in.

But if you add the PH-down first and shake well before adding the nutes and additives, i can't see how this would mess it up.

thanks for replying guys!
i've been using biobizz for 5-6 years in and outdoor, always with nice results.
but i always take into consideration different inputs: in this thread somewhere, a few growers said they don't ph-dow with biobizz for that reason, and they got this advice from biobizz.
i've always ph downe'ed as well...
actually goatcheese i don't think it makes a huge difference if you put ph-down or nutes first... i put nutes first just for a pratical matter: it would be impossible to guess the right amount of ph-down to use before putting the nutes. some nutes make ph go up (like rootjuice) some other make it go down (like biobloom), and my tap water is not at the same ph every day. :)
years ago i was using the nitric acid/phosphoric acid combo for ph-down (canna), after a while i switched to the "organic acid" ph-down, also by canna (i think it's basically citric acid... lemon juice!).

google "oldtimer's biobizz feed schedule". it's an interesting schedule, very different from what i use and from biobizz chart. oldtimer says biobizz chart is made for cuttings pushed to the max, while his chart is for seedlings... the strangest thing to me, he never cuts biogrow down, on the contrary he doubles the dosage at the end of flowering before the plain water ending period...
actually i usually stop feeding biogrow after the stretch... i got curious towards this opposite view...
what you guys think?

G

ganjygav

thanks for replying guys!
i've been using biobizz for 5-6 years in and outdoor, always with nice results.
but i always take into consideration different inputs: in this thread somewhere, a few growers said they don't ph-dow with biobizz for that reason, and they got this advice from biobizz.
i've always ph downe'ed as well...
actually goatcheese i don't think it makes a huge difference if you put ph-down or nutes first... i put nutes first just for a pratical matter: it would be impossible to guess the right amount of ph-down to use before putting the nutes. some nutes make ph go up (like rootjuice) some other make it go down (like biobloom), and my tap water is not at the same ph every day. :)
years ago i was using the nitric acid/phosphoric acid combo for ph-down (canna), after a while i switched to the "organic acid" ph-down, also by canna (i think it's basically citric acid... lemon juice!).

google "oldtimer's biobizz feed schedule". it's an interesting schedule, very different from what i use and from biobizz chart. oldtimer says biobizz chart is made for cuttings pushed to the max, while his chart is for seedlings... the strangest thing to me, he never cuts biogrow down, on the contrary he doubles the dosage at the end of flowering before the plain water ending period...
actually i usually stop feeding biogrow after the stretch... i got curious towards this opposite view...
what you guys think?

Yeah maybe it's for seedlings but by the time my plants start to get food they're about 4 weeks old,they ain't seedlings no more. They're adult plants so I feed them to biobizzs schedule.
I used grow all the way to flush and still had some yellowing. Thing is if I have a few leaves going yellow at the end of flower I see it as a good thing. I don't think a plant should be green and lush at the end of its life.