What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advanced Nutrients- Rhino Skin: Experience?

TLoft13

Hey guys and gals,
i wanted to inquire if anybody has experience with this product and advise me how to use it. Per manufacturers recommendation? Lower concentration?
I'm running soil with Floranova onepart atm.
Oh, and please refrain from telling me AN is overpriced, overhyped bullshit- i already know it.
Couldn't find another liquid SiO² additive here in Germany, and importing Dynagrow is a bit pricey and thus relegated to a later date.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: http://www.an-europe.com/advancepedia/cloning-rooting-germination/rhinoskin.html
Here is the product page. They recommend feeding at 2ml/l, mixed in the water atleast 2 hours before watering.

TLoft13

Thanks evlme2!
Don't know why icmag search didn't show me the thread...

Growbaer posted this in the thread....
PS: Search on google for "Kremer Pigments Inc. NYC", that's the german company where I buy the silica. There you get 5 Liter of 20% silica for 56.00 US$

Nice to know, next time i don't have to support Big Mike's coke& Hummer addiction.

D

DeftoneSmoker

I use Silica Blast from Botanicare. Works well and its pretty cheap.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I was recently shopping for a potassium silicate additive. After pricing a number of cannabis oriented products, I came to the conclusion that Rhino Skin is competitively priced when you factor in that it is more concentrated.

TLoft13

I was recently considering the possibility that you are
a) even more incapable at math than me
b) an AN sockpuppet
c) an AN spambot
;)
Seriously Crusader, AN Rhinoskin is the most expensive SiO additive i've found...And i despise ANs businessmodell/behavior.
If i had found ANY alternative i didn't had to order from abroad i would have taken it.

TLoft13

I've heard this more than once, getting stuff for free from the growshops...
May I ask why they do this? Are you their best customer?
My local shop has such an asshole boss, he would probably rather kill his mother than give out a sample for free.

decrimCA

I was recently shopping for a potassium silicate additive. After pricing a number of cannabis oriented products, I came to the conclusion that Rhino Skin is competitively priced when you factor in that it is more concentrated.

I have to admit, I've heard the same thing from growing friends - about Rhino Skin. I haven't had a chance to use it, so I can't speak to it, but this doesn't sound like it's bad information because I have heard it from several folks.

GanjaPharma

aptus fasilitator is the only silica product i have come across that is in any way different than plain old potassium silicate.
better than regular K2SiO3? i dunno...it sure is different though~!

rhino skin works as well as botanicare etc...

TLoft13

I have to admit, I've heard the same thing from growing friends - about Rhino Skin. I haven't had a chance to use it, so I can't speak to it, but this doesn't sound like it's bad information because I have heard it from several folks.

Let me make it clear for you again

Rhinos Skin 4L Sug retail $100 8ml/gal will do 500gal
Hydrotek Silicate 1L Sug Retail 34.99 1ml/gal will so 1000 gal
Pro Guard 4L Sug retail 34.99 10ml/gal wil do 400gal

Now I wonder which one is a rip off and with which one you're financing fancy labels and Rosebud propaganda.

Now there's nothing wrong with AN products themselves, they are just like the other 10 manufacturers on the shelves BUT its how they go about making exaggerated claims.

TLoft13

Dude, are you fucking shitting me? I just looked at your profile, every second post you make you're repping Advanced nutrients. The other half are "bump" and "interesting question" posts. WTF!?! This here is MY thread, employees of Advanced Nutrients are not welcome.
If i want to know how it is to lie to people on the internet for a living i'll come back to you. :tiphat:

analogue

My experience with Rhino Skin is that it is priced at 40 dollars a quart at the local grow store. It is a blend of silicates.

However one pound of AgSil 16H potassium silicate (Si02) is 12 dollars :woohoo:.

bud-e

Hey guys and gals,
i wanted to inquire if anybody has experience with this product and advise me how to use it. Per manufacturers recommendation? Lower concentration?
I'm running soil with Floranova onepart atm.
Oh, and please refrain from telling me AN is overpriced, overhyped bullshit- i already know it.
Couldn't find another liquid SiO² additive here in Germany, and importing Dynagrow is a bit pricey and thus relegated to a later date.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: http://www.an-europe.com/advancepedia/cloning-rooting-germination/rhinoskin.html
Here is the product page. They recommend feeding at 2ml/l, mixed in the water atleast 2 hours before watering.

It's like basically every other nutrient or additive in that the smart grower ALWAYS starts out below what's printed on the label.

I don't care what you're talking about, blindly mixing at the rate on the label is just asking for trouble. Are there products that with certain strain and growroom settings will be perfectly fine at 100% strength? Sure. Should you EVER bet your plants on that if you're not already familiar with the product?

Not in a million years!

Simple answer: ALWAYS START LIGHT.

You can dial it up if you want, but it's much harder to un-burn your plants.

siddhartha

Botanicare uses Sodium Silicate which leaves Sodium in the soil. I like Pro-Tekt from dyna grow. However it is very concentrated and has a very alkaline pH so cation must be used. Make sure it is the first thing you add to your water and let it sit for a few minutes. Then adjust pH and add other nutes.

Also it is great to add to your neem oil foliar

Sidd

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
the rhino skin is the most $ potasium silicate you can get , i get mine bulk from hydro store cheap as borgst, use it to raise ph also from time to time
TS

What a load of rubbish

your a AN rep, look at your post history ( all about Advanced nutrients yawn!!!), so this post is clearly a load of mis information and lies

come on guys play the game........ at least post about something other than AN from time to time to throw the scent off!!!!! :dance013:

Pretty pathetic AN!!!!! Seriously

Dude, are you fucking shitting me? I just looked at your profile, every second post you make you're repping Advanced nutrients. The other half are "bump" and "interesting question" posts. WTF!?! This here is MY thread, employees of Advanced Nutrients are not welcome.
If i want to know how it is to lie to people on the internet for a living i'll come back to you. :tiphat:

oops looks like someone has already called you out hahaha