What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Freezeland

BudZad7

Friesland

Friesland

:tiphat:Hello everyone ! Very informative posts....

Friesland Indica this is a Very big plant, when dialed in correctly....It is a good yielder, the High is good, it had a tendency to hermie sometimes, like a lot of SSSC strains did.....So from 1986 to present....still have a stash of 100's of seeds that are True Friesland
certain breeders have inquired an interest in these seeds, and they still germinate, the last plant that was grown, was 9+ feet tall outdoors.......:dance013::wave:

L

longearedfriend

friesland is a northern province/territory in the Netherlands with a shitty humid climate similar to the eastern ,quebec ,ontario and maritime weather and this strain is still the best producer , never rot no matter the rain , cold .

of all the strains of today none is more reliable than the original faithful old friesland . all the recent strains fail to meet the obscene crop vs quality you can get from friesland . ive seen all other strain attacked by mold before being ripe and the friesland was in perfect health .

a funny fact , i emailed shanti almost 10 times over the years about this genetics , he never replied once . kinda bummer because he work with Neville . maybe a person with some credibility who can have an access to shanti can ask him about the true background of this bulletproof strain .its for historical data because believe it or not...empire where built over that strain and it have produced billions of dollars and almost nobody mention it but a few quebecers .

that's very true

it feels good to be in a thread where I feel really what goes on in my area

you only hear about friesland in quebec and maybe a bit in ontario but from my experience with ontario not so much
so it's refreshing to hear about it

overused...? I would have to say so

I understand the resistance to mold, the earlyness, and the yield but damn,
if people would try out some new stuff it would be good for them

some people only know chron (m39/big bud style, chinese) and freeze
and it ends there

I have tryed different varieties of fries
the pinklady one, very fruity, seen it in a couple variations

there was some that smelled like rotten fruit
and had darker color, that strong little smell, some sort of strange berry

it's a staple of the province
the price are really good too

it's really not that bad but after so many years... :)

so friesland was a strain developped/local in friesland ? I know it was M33 in the SSSC

friesland is a northern province/territory in the Netherlands with a shitty humid climate similar to the eastern ,quebec ,ontario and maritime weather and this strain is still the best producer , never rot no matter the rain , cold .

aint that the truth

Last edited:

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Hi,

Samething in my area! Always the same issus every fall. Freezland (Almost 20 years old CUT) Pink freezland, Yellow Freezland, M-39, Royal 39, Local early widow cut !!!

The guys complain than price get lower than lower every fall. I know isnt easy as it seems found a good strains to grow in here! But those guys really have to make some efforts for foundin "OTHERS KILLER CLONE"

L

longearedfriend

yeah outdoor 39 look alike, purpley sometimes

barely gets you high

why put that in your lungs ?

a strain that was also popular around here was mighty mite

nothing compared to fries

dan_1

Freis really brings back memories. Great outdoor strain. A buddy is supposed to stop in later with some pink freisland. Haven't tried the pink freisland yet...

niceeven

I have been looking for it somewhat, thinking it may work for me and apparently, HORTILAB in Holland is coming out with a version of it. I attempted to acquire it but somehow it's not available. Don't know if they are sold out or if the seeds are not released yet. They claim that the line they have used comes straight from the M-33.

Je me suis informé et il semble que la compagnie HORTILAB en Hollande soit sur le point de mettre en vente une Friesland BX . D'après eux ca vient directement de la M-33. On peut se procurer les produits Hortilab en Europe seulement et la façon le plus facile pour les Canadiens c'est de passer par une des banques de Londre...

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Bah,

Smoke a lot seeds company, offre deja une version BX ... Mais j'avous que sa peut etre un peut moin simple de ce la procuré si on est a l'exterieur du canada.

Bonne recherche!

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
By the way

et la façon le plus facile pour les Canadiens c'est de passer par une des banques de Londre...

No worries boy, many of us "canadian" already have the original clone. And the one of my friend, date from begin 90's

But actually i really wondering on the origin gene of that "friesland indica"

That over piney smell/taste from fries, remind me a lot lebanese!

Am i the only one?!

I had the chance to grow both strains,. and they'r very similar by many mean .. Your point of view?!

Claude

Veteran
Salut Chub,

Je serais content que tu me donne du freezland si tu en as.
Un genre d'échange contre les graines que je t'ai déja donné.

SVP appelle moi!

Respect
Claude

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
so i have a freezland mother from seed ..the seeds date back to about 08 . she is very piney no signs of any pink hairs i dont think its the freezland pink pheno but i was wondering because my plant is very auto-flowering girl and is it a common trait for freez to auto??

Docteur

so i have a freezland mother from seed ..the seeds date back to about 08 . she is very piney no signs of any pink hairs i dont think its the freezland pink pheno but i was wondering because my plant is very auto-flowering girl and is it a common trait for freez to auto??

ça l'existe des freeze auto, mais LE VRAI freeze ce n'est pas suppose de faire ça

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
ahh merci docteur..pas que mon plant cest vraiment auto mais les clones pas fait ca le photoperiod a 18/6 est tout es bien avec le clones mais je pence les clones fait le meme avec un peut du stress...merci mon francais cest pas le meilleur mais j'ai fetes und bonne effort...:)

wdr

Veteran
hello!~

sorry to write english here, but im looking for freezeland to grow here in Holland and all ive found its only quebec seeds bank version (anybody tried?), and ontario seeds (wchich dont sale online) I saw also smoke a lot freeze but now its out of stock .. Ill be glad for any info about where i cant find a true freezeland aka friesland and bring back this old dutch line to the origin.

Docteur

hello!~

sorry to write english here, but im looking for freezeland to grow here in Holland and all ive found its only quebec seeds bank version (anybody tried?), and ontario seeds (wchich dont sale online) I saw also smoke a lot freeze but now its out of stock .. Ill be glad for any info about where i cant find a true freezeland aka friesland and bring back this old dutch line to the origin.

the true friesland is lost in someone seed vault.

it was a cross between two unknown indicas bred in holland in the province of friesland (m35).

then the friesland (m33) it got to eastern canada where it was mixed with Pluton 2 (m45) to become the popular strain it is today :

Freezeland !!

Check the Super Sativa Seed Club catalogue for more info !

:tiphat:

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Quaisse qui faut pas entendre .. J'ai encore le clone, qui provient d'une mere vieille de 20 ans!

Claude

Veteran
Bonne Nouvelle

Bonne Nouvelle

Bonjour,

Just pour vous laissez savoir que nous avons une nouvelle souche adapter a notre climat.

SERIOUS 6

Voici son hystoire en Anglais.

Serious 6 is the first new strain developed by Simon, the breeder and owner of Serious Seeds, in the last 10 years. This strain was developed from mixing genetics from Canada with Sativa-landraces from Africa through a time consuming process of selection and cross-breeding.

The goal of this long selection process was to create an early-finishing Sativa type of plant which is very mold-resistant and will finish outdoors in the dutch humid and cold climate at the end of September. In Holland this is an important date, because after that time strong rains and winds start, which will cause bud-rot in most varieties. With this plant we think we have reached that goal; in Holland the majority of the plants can be harvested at the end of September. Outdoors in Spain this will be much earlier, we estimate that most plants will be ready to harvest at the 15th of September or maybe even earlier!

We introduced Serious 6 for the first time at the Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam in November 2009 and she was greeted with much respect and love from the cannabis community, everybody wanted to get their hands on the seeds of this new strain.
We planned on releasing the seeds after that Cannabis Cup, but the final indoor test for the variety was not good enough for Simon. He let a batch of indoor-plants flower for much longer than recommended (more than 3 weeks longer) and two of those plants showed one or two single male-bananas. This is a natural reaction of a sinsemilla plant at the end of her life-cycle when she feels threatened that she will die without producing seeds. Although most cannabis plants will do this, because its a survival mechanism which has proven to be successful during the evolution of the cannabis plant, Simon said he will not release a plant that shows even the slightest hermaphroditic traits.

So we had to go back to the beginning and started to select for a different parent combination again.

Outdoor plants can only be tested once every year; during the summer season. Every summer for the last couple of years we have tested new parent combinations of the Serious 6, and therefore it took us so many years to create the plant that Simon desired.
Finally after great results this summer, we feel this unique strain is ready to be released.

Outdoors she grows tall and slender like a true Sativa, with one main stem with side buds, not the christmastree-shaped plants which is more Indica-like. Despite the dutch outdoor climate the buds will grow few small leaves and build a particularly thick layer of cristals, compared to other outdoor plants. Approximately half of the plants will show strikingly beautiful pink pistils, which can be seen in the fotos next to this text. The pink pistils are only noticeable on the living plant, once the flowers ripen the pink hairs will turn to a normal brownish colour. At the end of the flowering cycle these pink colors are substituted by purple colors of the calyxes and leaves.
The Serious 6 is a very beautiful plant to have in the garden which is certainly one of the positive characteristics for growers. We have noticed how much visitors loved the Serious 6 test plants from the looks alone, making remarks like: "Hey man, I want to grow this awesome plant in my garden!"

The Serious 6 is an almost pure Sativa with a short flowering time (about 8 to 9 weeks indoors) which gives amazing results indoors. She will fill up and produce dense long buds glistening with trichomes, spreading a very aromatic fragrance. The aroma of Serious 6 is a new combination of odours which cannot be compared to other cannabis varieties. She has a smell and taste that is different and new, and seems to be built up in layers; citric, anise, spicy are only a few of the recognizable aromas.
Her effect is a cristal clear head-high, once you smoke her you will get creative and active and you will want to do something creative like painting, writing or playing some music. The Serious 6 packs a load of THC! At the Spannabis 2013 on Friday the 15th of February 2013 an indoor grown bud of Serious 6 was tested at the Canna-laboratory at the fair with 17% THC. That was the highest measured THC-content of ALL strains tested that day at the fair!

People in Spain are lucky enough to be able to grow seeds of strong plants like AK-47, Bubble Gum, Chronic, White Russian or even Kali Mist outdoors, because in this climate they will finish without getting bud-rot. Growing the Serious 6 outside next to them, may have the advantage that the Serious 6 is ready to smoke while you wait for the other plants to finish flowering.

All in all this plant is perfectly suited for outdoor grows in a wide range of climates or for indoor growers who like a quick finishing sativa. Serious 6 offers a very nice alternative to the wave of hard-hitting, couchlock Kush-strains that dominate the market today.