What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

rockwool problem

Hey all, ive had this one plant with issues since i started it a few weeks ago. Out of my 10 dwc plants, only this one had anything wrong with it.

I pulled the hydroton off the top of the cube before, and seen that the cube isnt draining at all. I dont understand how its even gettin wet as the others are all in the same tub, same pot size, as this one.

anyone else ever had a defective rockwool cube? when i exposed the rockwool it seemed to clear up and he perked up for a few days. But just went and scoped him again and his lower leaves were curling , severly, checked the rockwool and hes soaked again.

Plants about 4 weeks old, but is half the size of the other 4 week olds. So i took him out of the pot, shook the cube, gently squezed an assload of water out of the cube, and did my best to gently feed the roots back out through the net pot. I dont think hell survive it tho, cus i couldnt get many roots back through there. just doesnt make sense because all the other rockwool cubes are bone dry but that one.

G

Do you put your rockwool in the bottom of your pot and then cover with hydrotron?

If so you could raise the rockwool up with more hydrotron between it and the res. Ideally i like to put the rockwool cube up on top of the hydrotron or at least 2/3 full hydrotron in the netcup before I set the cube on top. Top water if needed until roots out the bottom of cups and then dwc all the way.

I assume that the cube is sponging up the water from the bubblers in the dwc. The rockwool is just a fiberglass sponge and will absorb like a sob.

Maybe that helps a little

Tex

full time daddy
Veteran
i'd try not using rockwool?..............

what do you need it for?
if your rooting with it.....
luts make you a dwc system for cloning

(cheap for 10 clones)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts