What's new

Cloning question..

Stumbleweed

I have a male and a female Blue Mystic -- I was letting the male go for a while, as I'm planning to make hash oil with it and some stems... Anyway, I left it in a little long, and some flowers opened. It was a few feet away from the female without a fan, so I don't know if it got to my woman or not (cross my fingers). So I am planning to take some clones from my female, and I was wondering -- would being pollinated affect the clones adversely or make them hermies? This is the first time I've taken clones, so I'm kind of unfamiliar with the process, especially in this situation..

I plan to take the clones within a week or two, as I just switched to 12/12 and they're getting to be the right size, so the female will just barely be developing and won't have seeds... Does it matter when I take the clones at this point? Let me know what you guys think since you're the experts.

Stumbleweed

Thanks for the replies -- I have a couple more general questions for you guys. What kind of cloning/rooting hormone would you suggest? I'm going shopping at the friendly neighborhood Grow Store pretty soon and I want to get good stuff..

Also, does anyone have pics or a smoke report from a completed Blue Mystic grow? I would like to see if there are pheno variations, etc. so I can size up my female and see what she might turn out like.

Thanks in advance.:wave: