What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC Growers Co-op???

In Soggy's thread in Indoor-Soil titled "Ding Dong... Round 2 of Adventures with SOGGY" he said "Is anyone down to pool together a shit ton of money and start a nice big grow op in Canada...bc if so, lets talk...haha". That got me to thinking and here's what I've come up with. I'll try not to be too long winded or rambly, but as I'm smoking right now I can't promise anything.
:D

1) I think this would be a bad ass idea. If several people from IC (and maybe some other forums) got together on a grow, I don't know that failure would be an option. From what I've read, most everybody knows at least the basics and is trying to learn as much as possible and perfect their technique. If we all got together to work on a cooperative grow, with the knowledge spread that I've seen in IC, there should be no problem that we can't overcome as SOMEONE has had the same problem before.

2) The money's gonna be the big issue (aside from placement of the facility) I think. However, I'm planning on checking into government grants in Canada. I'm assuming that they're similar to the US and have millions to give away in grants each year, you just have to apply. If that's so, it would help out a lot. Another option is to attempt to find some investors with deep pockets that are willing to pony up the dough to get us started and then collect a percentage of our yearly profits as payment. A third money option is to form a corporation and use it to take out a loan so that (from what I understand) individuals are not responsible for repayment if the corporation flops. Final option is to figure out how much it's gonna cost and divide that by the number of people that wanna participate to figure out how much each person owes to "join" for lack of a better term. A combination of any of the aforementiond methods is not only possible but very likely necessary.

3) People would have to move for it to work, more than likely. I know I personally wouldn't have a problem packing it up and moving to Canada. My husband and I have actually talked about it several times. Don't get me wrong I love America, but I wouldn't mind having dual citizenship (or even switching completely and becoming a Canadian) because I've heard a lot of great things about Canada, not the least of which is their weed tolerance. It's gotta be better than the weed nazis here in Texas. If it's not, I can always move back. I actually wouldn't mind turning a boat (like a small retired cruise ship) into a floating grow room, drifting out in international waters usually with the occasional port call in Vancouver or Amsterdam or anywhere else we decided. :) But I'm a weirdo. Most people don't like to move about that much. Sorry this is really long.

4) How would we run the place? Would there be a hierarchy or a partnership? Would we hire people to do the books and whatnot or do we have enough outside talents to pull off the whole thing?

I don't know if it would work or not, or if people would even really wanna do it, but I'll try anything once, usually. If anybody managed to make it through all that, wow i'm impressed. Any comments, suggestions, thoughts, bitches, gripes, complaits, whatever you wanna add on to this is cool with me. Happy growing. :D

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
I'll be president

I'll be president

:D Sound like fun,and I nominate myself as pres.!!!!!I get to sample all the best buds first!!And my picture should be on our canna-currency.;)

But really,one day we could make something like this happen.It just takes a little will power and that's something we all have in great supply!Take care........................CC

SativaJoe

I think this is what they call a organized crime....

The bigger the outfit the more the law will go after you.

Keep it small & Simple, afterall you dont see many cartels makin their big cash off marijuana.

Tony Montana, pablo escobar even the felix cartel in tijuana used that white shit to make their fortunes

Latest posts

Latest posts