Question for veteran growers....

hello again-

i have a question regarding seeds sold by different companies
from the same breeder. I was reading High Times Grow America
and looking at the ad's from all the different distributors. My
question is...h

why does the same strain cost different amounts from different
retailers? as an example, the Great Canadian Seed Co. advertises
Sensi Seeds Afghani #1 for $105, the AAA Seed Co. charges $180.
While seedsdirect charges **$45**!

Are these retailers bound by economies of scale? I.e. the more
they buy the less they are able to charge and still profit.

**Are some of these retailers selling F2 seeds under the
name of the original breeder?

**If so, are F2 seeds less stable, less potent, less vigor?

Anyway, any information would help me sort through this puzzle.

thx
-Sam
:confused:

G

I'm not totally sure but it sounds like they have different bulk prices going. Gypsy is such a mover that I'm sure he buys in mass quantities while others can't move that much product. I would think its all economics. Plus one is in North America and the other Europe.

Blatant

AHA

AHA

thanks Blatant, thats kinda what i thought. What I didnt realize
is that one is in UK the other in Canada. That makes sensi.

but, do companies sell F2 and represent them as original
genetics?

if so, who has what?

(Gypsy...thats seedsdirect right?)

thanks for the info buddy..

-Sam:wave:

G

I'm not sure who sells F2's I've seen them around and they usually state that. I think Nirvana does F2's but could be wrong. The thing with F2's is that they loose the Vigor of the F1 and have different variations/phenos. Its still a good seed to grow because a good mother can be found either way.

Gypsy=seedsdirect.

Blatant

Pacridge

Seeds Direct

Seeds Direct

I don't know shit about this strain or that strain or what one guy carries as opposed to the other guy. What I can tell you is I had a real good experience with Seeds Direct. I live in the North Western US and was a bit skeptical about order from the UK. I ordered and they showed in something like 10-14 days. Plus they sent me a bonus pack of 12 Skunk seeds. So I'd do bus. with them again if I need seeds.

highlife4me

sam-
Another reason (a large reason) that some seed companies charge more than others is simple greed. They want to make as much money as possible. They rely on people not doing their homework (i.e. not finding out about seedsdirect) and ordering their product (which is the same). Legality of seeds I believe is the same between Europe and Canada, so there shouldn't be a price difference based on that. Just buy from seedsdirect and you'll be happy, I should've just said that from the start :)

Pacridge- did you do anything special regarding your order?
anything regarding payment or shipping that is? p.s. I dont suppose you are in oregon are you?;)

highlife4me - you would think people in that line of work
would have slighly different priorities than the almighty
dollar...lol...makes sensi to me though.

blatant - thanks buddy. your input is allways helpful

:D

thanks guys:wave:

-Sam

highlife4me

sam-
there a lot of people in the industry who do have different priorities, and you'll meet a lot of them here at the IC Forum :)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just buy from Seeds Direct

Just buy from Seeds Direct

Sam,

Look, the more you spread out, the more likely you are to get disappointed or worse yet, busted. Can you really ever be sure you aren't sending emails to the DEA? You can be sure that is not the case here. How much pot can any of us grow? If SD don't have it, I don't really need it. I can't grow out all that I am getting there now!

World Peace will become a reality!

T

G

Sam-

I've ordered from a few different companies, and by far seeds direct beats them all. I ordered from other companies in Canada and they charged me three times what I payed at seeds direct. As far as these ripoff seed companies go, I agree with the previous posts, I think they are just greedy. prob why they advertise in high times, take advantage of people who havent done enough resarch i guess. i used to be one of them... oh well, live and learn.

good luck Sam- seriously though, seeds direct has anything you'd need and they are awesome and remember good genetics=good weed! I noticed if I use a credit card I get my order within like 7 days, if I send a money order it takes more like a couple weeks, and the genetics are totally solid. Grow on buddy :wave:

Pacridge

No I didn't do anything special when ordering through Seeds Direct. They just sent an extra pack of seeds. I wasn't expecting them but now I notice on thier site that it says "free seeds with every order"

Yep, Oregon here. OMMC.

I see you're in Eugene. OMMC?

PassTheDoobie- you could'nt be more right. i never even thought about that. it would be an excellent way for dea or
any of those assholes to put a few more people in jail. everything
ive heard about seedsdirect and gypsy has been 100% positive.
even people that had problems with their orders have been
overwhelmingly (sp?) supportive. thanks for the knowledge.

growerinshorts- again, everyone seems to be on the same page
when it comes to SeedsDirect. You said you ordered w\ cc?
I was thinking about doing that but I was worried about the
security. Any knowledge you could drop on a noob would be
helpful. peace.

Pacridge - OMMC? never heard of it. a guess would be
oregon med. mari. community?
please fill me in. thanks

thanks guys- you have answered a couple of my stupid questions
without the least bit of annoyance.

:wave:
-Sam

Pacridge

OMMC

OMMC

Oregon Medical Marijuana Card. Lets you grow 7 plants without being sent up by LEO.

I ordered SD right to my Addy but with the card I'm not too concerned about security. I mean I know LEO has my name and addy as a grow site beacuse it's listed on the card and reg. But thanks to the good voters of Oregon there's not a damn thing Leo can do.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sam,

I used the cc once. I have sent cash twice. I won't use the cc again unless I have to buy something that I can't send cash for. That means I probably shouldn't be buying it.

The cash thing works with them. They email you the day that they receive it so you know they got it. I send mine inside of a greeting card.

Be as stealthy out-bound as you expect them to be inbound. I always tape the back of the envelope, so that no one can claim the adhisive gave way and they were able to get into my correspondence. To be honest, I am so paranoid that I wipe my prints off of the envelope before I mail it.

Then the last step is keeping my mouth shut so I don't start talking about the great seeds I got for the grow I am going to do! That is the hard part, because you want to share this new joy and discovery with your friends. But you just can't.

Take a deep breath and place your order Sam. You are going to have a great time! Wait until you see how they stealth it to you and you will be much less concerned about this stuff from that point on. But if you trust anyone but SD, you are at your own risk!

T

Pacridge

Sam-

I'm with Pass the Doobie 100%. If I didn't have the card I'd be as paranoid as hell. Come to think of it I've got the card and I'm still a little more than a little paraniod. I mean H R 4754 just went down in the house in DC so the feds are free to continue to harrass anyone they feel like.

If I were you I wouldn't advertising my location I.E city. I'd deal with cash if possible and I'd have anything sent to a "safe" addy. And above everything else KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! In a previous life I worked at a courthouse and I've seen the way LEO works. Words of mouth is the tool of their trade. And if you think their not watching and listening in on this site your sadly mistaken. I know you'd think they'd be concerning themselves with finding terrorists, murderers and child molesters. But trust me on this one- there's a whole bunch of them out trying catch you! For every Oz. you grow they're more than willing to spend well over a $10,000.00 of your tax dollars to catch you growing it. I guess it's the "we're from the government, we're her to help" philosophy. What do you think it cost to have a helo do fly overs looking for hot spots all day?

Anyway that's just my 2C. I could be wrong. But be careful, grow happy.

ohhh shit

ohhh shit

come to think of it...i have been way to free with my info.

im starting to think this whole thing might be 2 much trouble.

if i go to jail I can kiss a super($$) job and a spotless reputation
gooooodby.

THIS IS THE END my friends.

I want to thank you all for all the kind words and good
karma, oh, and the shitload of info this community has
seen fit to share with me.

Pacridge, you have opened my eyes. Im actually quite paranoid
RIGHT NOW, and I havent done anything illegal...yet...

so i think ill quit while im ahead...im leaving IC and wont be back.
i might stop by from time to time and read the posts, but thats
all.

in closing my final post on the net, I would like to thank those
who have gone out of their way to help a noob.

BOG, NIMBY, NewGanjaBoy, FreedaGreen, Pacridge, Blatant
PassTheDoobie, growerinshorts....damn there have been so
many of you that to list everyone by name would be time consuming and I know I would leave someone out....

anyway...in parting I wish you all peace, love, good fortune
and many, many years of safe growing. Maybe someday when
its legal to grow a fucking plant in the privacy of my own home,

I shall return....

Goodby
:wave:

-Sam

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn! Wouldn't you know it?

Damn! Wouldn't you know it?

It was Sam that was with the DEA! Now we're all in trouble! :)

SAM! Dude, just take a quick one and chill! It ain't that big of a biggie! Think about it. Tell everyone you told that you decided not to do it after all. Wait a few, and then do it anyway.

That's what I did.

T

highlife4me

ya sam, don't quit

I realized after my first grow that too many people knew (even if they were "good friends"), so after that I just shut up about it, and if any of them ask I tell them I was too paranoid about getting caught so I quit.

So tell your friends what you just told us (that you're not going to grow now), and then order your seeds and start a journal, we'll still be here for you to share your experience with :)

Hey sam......

Hey sam......

.......... if you wanna grow plant four seeds chances are you get two ladies. After you remove males your plant # would only be two. You can re-veg them a couple times leaving you with two plants only at all times. If you want to start over pull two clones off each in case one doesn't take. When your clones root decide if you want four plants or still only two. You get the idea thou, only two plants or four plants would keep your job if worst case scenario happens which if you tell noone would not happen. Laylow and have fun!!!:p

Latest posts

Latest posts