What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How many times have you Re-Vegged a plant???

Alright big dogs!!!

Alright big dogs!!!

......thanks for chiming in if I may say so it looks like re-vegging IS A GOOD ALTERNATIVE to cloning!!! This helps many who cannot get the clones to take the first time or just wanna keep things simple. I got NFT and my gullies are filled with roots inter-twined with other plants so for me it makes sense to re-veg at least once. If my clones take then they will be put in next to the donor plant and the race will be on !!! I will take pics to show the difference between the two. Anyone else got advice on re-vegging??

Niemand

Yes, I have to agree with laylow!
Thanks one and all for the info and pix!
Rocky,
Really nice pic! But let me ask you, si that is the 1st growths stem sticking out? Man thats really nice! Kudos!
Again, thanks for all the help! I'll keep you posted on whether I was able to break the streak! (Fingers Crossed, Communion dedicated,)

New pics

New pics

ok, just a little update on my reveg/clone progress . . . with pics!

First, I wanted to mention that when we moved our one good revegged plant over to the new c13 cab with fluoros we switched the lights to 18/6, and we repotted the reveg plant in the same pot. We got a got a garbage bag, waited until right before it was time to water, and popped her out of her pot. We cut off the bottom 1/3 of the roots and about two inches of root growth all the way around. We filled the bottom third of the same pot with a mixture of 1part worm castings, 2parts jungle grow potting soil, 1 part organic humus, 1 part vermiculite, and 1 part perlite. On top of this mixture we put a 1/2" thick layer of pure worm castings, then we watered lightly. Next we put the root-trimmed plant back in the pot, and filled in the gaps on the sides with the same mixture that was in the bottom of the pot, and then we watered the plant from above until about a half inch of water drained into the saucer. Finally we covered the top layer of soil with about an inch of perlite - we found the perlite layer really helps in detering the growth of fungus gnats.

So, as you will see in my new pics, we now have the reveg plant back in the flowering closet. New growth took off so well after repotting that we decided to take a dozen more clones and stick the big plant back in the flower room.

Now we have 15 clones in the C13 cabinet. Of those fifteen, 3 are about a month old and are well rooted, and 12 are in a clear plastic sheet cake container( that the kind people at the bakery of our local grocery gave us for free). Of those 12, 11 are already rooted. We are going to be repotting them soon, but until we can repot they are going to stay in the cake container so the humidity stays high . . . going to try to repot tonight! The 3 that are about a month old are going to get a dose of mexican bat guano soon, and then in a couple more weeks they will move over to the flower closet as well.

Right now the flower closet looks a little empty . . . All we have is the one big revegged plant and the 2 clones from the crappy smoke plant. We are probably going to throw those two out pretty soon . . . it grew vigorously, but I figure it will be a long time before I am ready to start a breeding program, and I just don't have the space for the low quality smoke . . . no matter how good she grows.

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Ok, so that's my update. Feel free to send your questions or comments my way. I'm always open to suggestions, after all I am still a newbie!

Peace,
Freeda Green

freeda, good to hear your having good sucess. I can't speak for everyone else, but personally I prefer as much detail as possible. I find that vague posts just leave me with more questions than I started with.

Im a week into my first grow, so cloning is a little bit down the road, but when I do clone Im going to use a swc bubbler. From what Ive read (and Ive read alot) it seems to be the easiest method. You take a cutting, you put it in the bubbler, and 10 days later you have roots. You keep the bubbler on 24/7, and you use plain tapwater with no nutes. No rooting jel, nothing fancy, just tap water.

If youve never heard of this method and would like to know more, just ask and Ill dig up the link. I think I have it in my OG bookmarks.

Anyway, everyone keep up the good work.

Peace

G o G

Latest posts

Latest posts