What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutchmans royal orange seeds wont germ.

Okie grown

Veteran
I made an order from s.d a few weeks ago.I got b.o.g. l.s.d, Flying dutchmans royal orange , and s.o.l adventure mix 2nds.Thay also sent me skunk #1 and p.o.k. kush x a. dam flame free (thank you). I started with 5 royal orange ,4 l.s.d. , and 4 ad. mix. ONLY 1 or the 5 royal orange seeds germed. But all my others did (1 l.s.d did not make it).I used the wet paper towel meth. that has always worked.So i went ahead and tried the other 6 royal orange (11 in a pack) and only one of the 6 germed.And its a mutant.I will take a few pics and try and post them(new here from o.g.).Has anyone ealse had this prob. with flying dutchman seeds?I have another order on the way(just got e-mail today from s.d.) of the dutchmans the real mc coy.I sure hope thay are better.

Last edited:

Okie grown

Veteran
feel dumb

feel dumb

I got the pics of the one seedling that did germinate but cant seem to post it.I guess you could see it if you look into my gallery.

Okie grown

Veteran
sd is a great co.

sd is a great co.

O.K. I got in touch with the nice peps at sd. and thayare sending me another pack of tfd seeds this time im getting afghanica.I got my order of tfds the real mc Coy yesterday.Thay have been soaking for 24 hrs. and only one cracked.I sure hope i dont have the same prob. with these.But i just wanted to let everyone know that sd is making it rite with me.If for some reason my the real mcCoy or afghanica dont germ. rite then i wont be buying tfd seeds again!I will stick with nirvana and bog seeds.Out of 6 packs of nirvanas beans(2 white rhino 2 jock hooror and 2 haze x skunk) i got 60 plants with prob. like 40 ladies.And only one or 2 of my bog seeds did not germ. So im sure its not my germ. tech.

Bummer on the bad beans, good to hear SD came through.

You can find TFD's helpdesk at www.cannabisworld.com

The real mccoy always gets rave reviews... supposedly a real conneseurs smoke... I think the yeild scares a lot of people away...

Let us know how they grow, good luck!

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
from what i read, as long as u stick with seeds direct, and dont try to screw gypsy over, as ppl have in the past, u wont go far wrong. Sad to hear about the bad ones though, but like u say, SD made it right so alls well that ends well. good luck wi the rest of them. 1st timer uk

Okie grown

Veteran
Thanks for the replys

Thanks for the replys

Still only one of 5 the real mccoys has poped.I have always used the wet paper towel meth. to germ. but i think im going to try to just plant the other 6 seeds strait into some coco pith and keep it moist and see if that works.As much as i would hate to i will get ahold of seed direct again if these dont germ. $55 is alot of money for 1 or 2 viable seeds.I hope and pray that i get atleast 4 or 5 out of the 11 that comes in a pack!If i get 4 seedlings than i will still be bummed but wont try to getthem replaced.If i do have to get them replaced im going to see if i can get another seed companys strain that costs the same.Even my sol adventure mix 2nds have all germ.

Okie grown

Veteran
This sucks

This sucks

Not one seed out of the 11 real mccoys germed.One cracked but never put out a tap root and the other 10 are not doing nothing!I am sure sd will make it rite.If so i am going to try to get another breeders strains that cost the same.That is the 2nd pack of tfd seeds in a row that are not vaible.I dont want to sound like a pro but i have been growing long enouf to germ. a vaible seed.I usualy have %100 grow into nice plants with the odd 1 or 2 that hasnot grown.But never(till now)Had a whol pack not be good.Let alone 2 packs in a row from the same breeder.I will let everyone know what sd does to make this rite. Thanks OG

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just this last thing, and then I'll shut up

Just this last thing, and then I'll shut up

I had the same thing happen with the C99 F2's, but it never occured to me to ask SD to do anything about it. I cannot absolutely guarantee that I'm not the problem. One thing I have learned is don't give up after a few days if the seeds don't open, and make sure they are getting clean water and not drying out. I gave up on some hybrids I kind of ended up with, and the seeds didn't open for more than 10 days! I had given up on them and grabbed the dish with the dried out paper towel days later and found two with huge tap roots that had gone on for as long as they could.

Any tips on the BEST GERMINATION METHOD?

and, HOW LONG DO YOU DRY SEEDS FROM YOUR OWN GROWS AND HOW?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

T

Okie grown

Veteran
wet paper towel

wet paper towel

Wet paper towel put in a zip lock bag has always worked.But i have started seeds by just planting them alot.Some people use rock wool cubes.When i pay for seeds i usualy use the paper towel meth. Most seed bank web sites say to us thay meth.I have never grown for seeds but i bet if you let them dry out in a cool dry place it would not take more than a couple weeks.

Okie grown

Veteran
well

well

NONE OF THE REALMCCOYS GREMED.And the seeds thay sent to replace the royal orange (got 1 plant from 11 seeds) was taken by costoms.Has anyone had this happen before? There was a letter just stating that thay where taken and destroyed.Thay will not resend .I guess i will have to find a diff. way to get my seeds.

Gypsy replaces regular orders when they get confiscated... but his policy might be different on re-sends... I doubt he's too keen on sending a third time.

I've ordered numerous times from SD and quite a few others without any customs problems... but if they got you scared look north... orders from canada don't get popped(that I know of).

www.seedbankupdate.com

Latest posts

Latest posts