What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Skunk terps

I recently stopped by a AZ dispo that had one strain on the shelf that was unnaturally skunky. Like, not a drop of sweetness, more skunk than old school skunk. Not strong fumey and nostril burning, no other aroma but bland baked in poorly handled roadkill skunk..

The thing is, every other strain I smelled, without exception, smelled of either stale plant material or residual grow products. The "skunky" strain was Grape OG. Didn't get to try it because their atm was down.

Fast forward, I'm looking at reviews of extracts and come acrossed this one raving about the skunk flavor of THC-a crystals supposedly from Skunk OG. I've had extracts from this company before and they were total trash claiming 1.9% terp content on shatter that tasted like a common synthetic nutrient line.

Can I safely assume the local industry has sourced a "skunk" aroma to add to their products? Keep in mind this is Arizona, 90% of retail Cannabis has no Cannabis smell, not even the basic spicy hashy
ones youd expect from the desert.

clearheaded

hard to say, skunk smell isnt a terp tho.

good flower has more then 1.9% terps(upwards of 5% in insane var) so an extract with only 1.9 is actually pretty bad if want flavor.