What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Coughie,

This first Honduras release is a P2, only one generation removed from the original seeds sourced in Honduras.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi all,

Honduras has been released today at our website :yes:

I post the official description, although it has already been described in more depth in previous pages.

"A new Central American pure sativa from Honduras that our team has reproduced recently.

Honduras' growing structure, flowering time, flower distribution and overall appearance are reminiscent of the old long flowering lowland colombians. On the other hand, the effect and terpenes are closer to the old mexican sativas of clean, happy and positive effects. The effect has a stimulant component similar to the more exciting and nervous african sativas.

A classical tropical sativa of high yield, high flower/leaf ratio, high vigor and excellent resistance against the adverse weather conditions of warm humid climates (rains, fungus).

Excellent sativa to work, for music, for outdoor activities, to socialize ... good against migraine and apathy.
Not recommended in case of anxiety, insomnia, heart problems or parkinson.

LANDRACE STRAIN (P2)
Format: Standard
Sativa / Indica ratio: 100 % sativa
THC: 7-13 %
CBD: Below 1 %
Flowering indoors : 14 weeks
Flowering outdoors: Mid November
Yield: Very High
Resistance against spider mites: Average
Resistance against powder mildew: Average-High
Resistance against botrytis: High
Resistance against white fly: Average-High
Resistance against cold: Average
Resistance against heat: High
Latitude: 0º-43º

Genetics: 2nd generation pure landrace sativa from Honduras.
Structure: Pure tropical sativa structure, tall, flexible, with strong branching and medium/tall node length.
Bouquet: Floral, citric, woody and spicy.
High: Clean, energetic, all in the head 'Feel good!' sativa effect of moderate strenght and duration, but without ceiling, tiredness in the body or hangover.

Growing Tips

It can be grown indoors with strong light intensity and with enough space for its development.

We recommend to switch her into flowering after 15 days from seed, or starting from clones rooted for at least 7 days.

We recommend 11 (light) / 13 (darkness) photoperiod for the flowering indoors, in order to boost the flowering, and to avoid reflowerings or excessive stretching in early flowering.

Outdoors, Honduras needs a tropical/subtropical climate or a warm coastal climate similar to Mediterranean to mature correctly.

We recommend soft NPK levels in the growing stage, increasing PK from 3rd week of flowering.

When Honduras is properly grown, the yield is very high, both indoors and outdoors.

Interesting sativa to develop sativa hybrids of huge vigor and yield, with clean and energetic effects."

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Excellent sativa to work, for music, for outdoor activities, to socialize ... good against migraine and apathy.
Not recommended in case of anxiety, insomnia, heart problems or parkinson.

Genetics: 2nd generation pure landrace sativa from Honduras.

High: Clean, energetic, all in the head 'Feel good!' sativa effect of moderate strength and duration, but without ceiling, tiredness in the body or hangover.

We recommend soft NPK levels in the growing stage, increasing PK from 3rd week of flowering.

Sounds like a winner to me! Thanks for making P2 beans available!

You're suggesting feeding this one through flower - how hungry are they compared to other Ace lines? Based on our conversations, I was expecting a plant more similar in growth habit and needs as a Haze. Should I be prepared for semi-production feeding schedules?

The trio of Hondurans were kept in small containers a bit too long and started hating me for it. They look much happier after being repotted in a 3.5 gallon SIP.
picture.php

I picked up some of these at the Ace shop today as well as that First Lady, looked like a tasty treat. So thank you for making these available pure. Also..looking forward to the Ethiopian release :D

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hey Terpene, Looking forward to following along here over the winter. I hope you have a great grow! Peace

Terpene

Veteran
Hondurans getting a bit big for my veg space, I've started abusing / topping / LST. There are 3 plants in this 3.5 gallon SIP pot.

The 2 tall spindly ones with very haze and more specifically Columbian looking leaves on the left side of picture are tropically fruity / spicy / flowery when you rub the stems. They also turn purple stemmed at the slightest hint of abuse. The front left plant is a bit better smelling than the *slightly* thicker leaved plant behind it, but both are very... Columbian looking..

The one that is more vigorous with thicker leaves on the right side of the picture is very in line with what I expect from good Mexicans of days of yore - semi citric, minty? and woody with almost oily touches (similar to malawi actually). This plant has been bent, topped, twisted, abused, beaten, cussed at... nothing phases it, just strong, green growth.

The growth on the plants is so par for the course Columbian or Mexican that it almost feels like I am getting to see where the Mexicans and Columbians met in the middle...

picture.php

satva

Veteran
Hello Terpene,

Beautiful Honduras plants! Which Colombian variety did you grow?

I found four phenotypes in CBG Punto Rojo. The most euphoric Colombian high has sweet tropical fruit aromas. The most trippy Colombian high has spicy, cedar, pine aromas ~ Punto Rojo (gold phenotype) and ColJam.

I'm interested in the comparison of the high of Haze and Punto Rojo. Old Timer's Haze phenotypes resemble some ColJam phenotypes, Punto Rojo not much resemblance to my Old Timers Haze plants.

High hopes in early vegetation:
CBG - Punto Rojo,
Ace -Old Timers Haze,
USC - ColJam - (Colombian Gold x 1960's Jamaican Lambsbread) x Colombian Gold,
Punto Rojo x ColJam
Mexican x Colombian - (Copalita Oaxacan x Punto Rojo)
Mexican x Colombian - (Copalita Oaxacan) x ColJam)

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Hello satva. I remember seeing that you were trying out some o. haze x skunk 1. I dont remember seeing what came of it. Did you find what you were looking for? How many phenos did you run?

I have really enjoyed reading your descriptions of various varieties and phenos. Thanks for sharing.

satva

Veteran
Hello satva. I remember seeing that you were trying out some o. haze x skunk 1. I dont remember seeing what came of it. Did you find what you were looking for? How many phenos did you run?

I have really enjoyed reading your descriptions of various varieties
and phenos. Thanks for sharing.

hey robotwithdreams,
Haze x Skunk, SamS noted Original Haze originally used three Colombians. This male is Colombian dominate crossed with Oaxacan and Punto Rojo females. I haven't grown a (O. Haze x Skunk) female.

Last edited:

Terpene

Veteran
The mexican looking Honduras was a male, so I cut him down. After looking at the remaining two plants which were substantially smaller than the male, I decided to top them and veg them for a few weeks. Here are the remaining two more columbian looking phenos vegging away:
picture.php

The tikal x honduras have been topped and are getting a bit too big for seedling veg:
picture.php

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Thank you Gentlemen for all the great photos and information on the Honduras. I will have to wait until early spring to pop mine. I will be following along with great interest. Peace

Green

Veteran
Yes keep the good work. Thanks for the updates. Want to grow these in spring '17.

Terpene

Veteran
Hey fellow Honduras lovers, these three Tikal x Honduras are in my large veg cabinet just after some serious stem abuse. I am very impressed at how much more indoor friendly (bushy and strudy branching) the Tikal x Honduras are over the Honduras landrace line. Also, just touching the stems on these plants means you stick to everything and smell fantastic. The nose on the stems is fruitier than I expected - strawberries with a tinge of Honduran's floral purple berry smell. I've got about another week before these get completely unmanageable in their space.
picture.php

The 2 female pure Hondurans are right about 10 days into flower and are just starting to show hairs. They are HAZE LEVEL STRETCHY and I will probably have to get very creative with the bending / tying down to make them fit in their space under the 240w Blackstar.

Terpene

Veteran
I have good news and bad news.

Good news: California legalized recreational cannabis, so I can grow outdoors.
Bad news: Donald Trump will be president..

But we're all about good news here people, so I can grow outside now - yay! Since my Hondurans were getting huge, I decided my first outdoor plants will be the Honduran duo:

picture.php

They are very happy (and decently stinky) in the sunshine, though I will have to work on shooting the plants outside, its a bit more challenging to distinguish the plants on broken up backgrounds versus the solid "color" of mylar.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Terpene, I wouldn't be worried about Trump. He is going to let everything that makes this country money, make money. He wants to rub the democrats noses in his ability to make money. Hilary is no friend of cannabis. She did nothing for New York when she was able to. Everything good that happened with cannabis was through the voters not the democratic party. I'm not trying to piss on your parade my friend. The truth is(You can't polish a turd)
That's what we had a choice of in both parties. Peace