What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BEST SPRAY TO BEAT PM?

Gone Camping

I'm battling it now.. used water/h2o2 and water/milk. Milk mixture at 45-50% is working best..

I pull the plant, spray pretty heavily then let it drip off as I feed. It's still wet as I put back under cob, i'v read you want the light/sun on it to activate whatever it does to fight the mildew.

Bump up your airflow and add a dehuey if possible.

Tynehead Tom

around these parts when pm shows up. the only product i'll spray on the plants is a sprayable gel from a pressurized cannister with a back flow preventer.
the mix consists of soap flakes and gasoline and a fire retardant suit is advisable. Do not spray indoors or in national parks :)

juggernaut

When can I use the sulfur burner?
Do the plants need to be rinsed after?
Effects to taste or smell?
How expensive?
How dangerous? Inhaling or ingesting?

MindEater

Preventative maintenance. Healthy soil good genetics dialed environment, the holy trinity of weed growing.

Don't fog sulfur during bloom, youll end up with firework/capgun bud and have to send it Arizona where that sort of thing is desired.

THC123

Veteran
Not that I am a hippy, but spraying is not the way to go with PM.

It builds up resistance against fungicides., Not against sulfur but you have to repeat treatment often, it leaves residue and you cant use it in flower.

The safest way to go about it, is with a cleanlights uv lamp. No residu and you can even use it during harvest. It' just uv light and it works well, been using it for more than 10 years now. I only still use fungicides in the garden now because it is too big but I plan on changing that as well.

It is more work as you have to do it often untill the PM doesnt come back.

There is something new that I am testing now, it is a spray with micro organisms that is supposed to kill fungae, havent used it yet just received it today.

Next time, try to disinfect everything well and look for a hepa filter for your air intake.

DenverJim

sulfur is a fucking poison. I use daconil from home depot. th get it under control. I always add some potassium silicate to water inside just dump a bit in 5- 15 ml in a 5 gal bucket as a preventative. one thing I learned is that drastic change in temp from light to dark can cause it to get worse. I first noticed this outside with the dry air as soon as the sun goes down I saw it build up on my a13 plants. when the sun comes up the stuff it disappears. I also have a fan and a charcoal filter sucking the air out of the room. I use 315 cmh bulbs.

zizration

how far into flower are you? your best bet is to physically remove all contaminated material. basically every day do a sweep thru. you can spot spray w potasium bicarbonate. when you crop out do the jorge hydro peroxide wash. thats as good as it gets. next time find resistant strains. pm will get the most fastidious gardener. good luck!

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
when you crop out do the jorge hydro peroxide wash. thats as good as it gets. next time find resistant strains. pm will get the most fastidious gardener. good luck!

yep thats what i do, but also one extra step after the hydro peroxide, i dunk in a combo of baking soda and lemon juice - then dunk in clean water, and then i do a final rinse in the kitchen sink with a gentle spray of water...

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Any suggestions of what to spray on PM?
What I'm doing recently is make a SCOBY-less kombucha from either cannabis leaves or stinging nettles.

You take a clean bottle, fill it with 10% raw sugard and 10% or more leaves, add water until all the leaves are permanently submerged, and then put it away in a warm dark place for 2 weeks. No cover or a cloth over the top so gasses can escape.

Anaerobic decomposition, while bad in soil or a pot, creates very safe products - cheese, yoghurt, herring, beer, wine, etc.

The process extracts the nutrients that are in the leaves (NPK, Mg, Ca, Si, S, trace elements), as well as beneficial fungi and microbes.

In theory, if you use clean materials, the end product is good enough to drink.

What it does against insects is that the pungent smell seems to confuse them. Also, the sugar that's still in there may be too much for them, and it also fuels beneficial organisms that are already on the plant. It may also already contain beneficial organisms, which then, using the sugar as fuel, go after the disease causing organisms.

All I can say is that it works very well to keep insects away, and it invigorates the plants almost immediately.

Other things to do against powdery mildew:

- Better air circulation from pruning the plants
- Taking away any potential sources of infection, like rugs, curtains, ropes, untreated wood
- Taking off the worst affected parts of the plant