What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coyotes killed my cat

WelderDan

Veteran
Sorry, gotta blow off a lottle steam. The wife woke me up this morning in hysterics. One of the cats was missing and she found it dead in the easement behind the house. Coyotes killed it. My wife has been crying all day.

I'm so fucking steamed. She was a sweet little cat and didn't deserve to die that way.

The city won't do shit about it and we even hired a trapper once before when they started hanging around the neighborhood.

I'd sit out there and shoot 'em but that wouldn't fly around here.

I'm just venting.

Im'One

I feel ya. My cat was on the screened porch and a neighbors pit bull tore a hole in the screen, wrexked two or three potted plants, turned over furniture and killed her. I cannot imagine how i slept through

WelderDan

Veteran
That sucks man. Doggie would gone for a ride if that happened here. I'm just pissed I can't do something about it. The neighbors wouldn't take kindly to me popping those coyotes at 3:00 am

Im'One

A twenty two with shorts are subsonic. Neighbors might think its just a backfire or breaking wind....lol

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Sorry, gotta blow off a lottle steam. The wife woke me up this morning in hysterics. One of the cats was missing and she found it dead in the easement behind the house. Coyotes killed it. My wife has been crying all day.

I'm so fucking steamed. She was a sweet little cat and didn't deserve to die that way.

The city won't do shit about it and we even hired a trapper once before when they started hanging around the neighborhood.

I'd sit out there and shoot 'em but that wouldn't fly around here.

I'm just venting.
:comfort::huggg: That sucks man. Really sorry to hear that. Dunno what I can do to help but this bowl is for you. :bongsmi:

h.h.

Veteran
Nature goes on in its own right. Killing coyotes results in leaderless packs with juveniles killing indiscriminately.

Watch your animals. I can’t blame a coyote for doing what a coyote does. That’s their job.

I’m sorry about your cat.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Bow and arrow my friend. Or talk to the neighbors, they may agree the coyotes must go and look the other way at 3am.

9ne thing to consider though are you sure it was coyote? They do not usually kill and leave the kill behind. Sounds like a domestic dog to me. Just a thought..

I am so sorry to hear about your cat, it is very sad. Sending best vibes!

Sunshineinabag

i understand your anger but as much as hh is usually nails ona chalkboard with his he is right here, I have found in my experiance that when i lash out in anger very rarely do i EVER do the right thing. Id have to to do something if my cat got killed, would be my mantra as well.Inn this particular situation tho its best to say im sorry for your loss and move on. Mother nature is coyotes, I dont fuk with mother nature, she could wipe our species in a week!

h.h.

Veteran
Bow and arrow my friend. Or talk to the neighbors, they may agree the coyotes must go and look the other way at 3am.

9ne thing to consider though are you sure it was coyote? They do not usually kill and leave the kill behind. Sounds like a domestic dog to me. Just a thought..

I am so sorry to hear about your cat, it is very sad. Sending best vibes!

Juveniles on their own will often demonstrate some odd behavior.

h.h.

Veteran
i understand your anger but as much as hh is usually nails ona chalkboard with his he is right here, I have found in my experiance that when i lash out in anger very rarely do i EVER do the right thing. Id have to to do something if my cat got killed, would be my mantra as well.Inn this particular situation tho its best to say im sorry for your loss and move on. Mother nature is coyotes, I dont fuk with mother nature, she could wipe our species in a week!

Chalkboard? You’re living in the past. It’s all about power point.

Keep kitties indoors and nothing but old age kills them. I know it doesn't help that cat now, maybe the others though. Just saying... :chin:

Sorry for your loss.:comfort:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'd just explain to the coyotes that you are concerned about the integrity of their pack and are unappreciative of their efforts.

Explain to their delegate you are at an impasse and will have to resort to violence if they were to continue.

Then offer tea and biscuits and await what's sure to be a well thought out reply.

Or you could just shoot the fuckers. On sight. Tell your neighbor that you are keeping the varmints at bay.

Boocoodinkydow

So sorry for your loss. Losing a pet can be devastating. We have a cat that comes and goes at will via a cat door. We’re in a rural area and occasionally are visited by coyotes. Fortunately, with no neighbors in sight and barely in earshot, I’m able to deal with them. By the way, the new generation of air rifles can carry a punch that rivals a 22 cal rifle and almost noiseless. Probably wouldn’t be lethal unless you hit a vital organ but would be painful enough to ruin his entire day! Again, my condolences. Pets can hold a speciplace in our hearts!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear that Dan,,,,
Losing a cat or dog is bloody awful,,,,,s2

EsterEssence

Veteran
I live in the country and have coyotes, and owls, I have lost more cats to owls than coyotes never an easy thing. Sorry for your loss...

Bobby Boucher

My deepest condolences.

I wouldn't wait to adopt another. Probably the only thing that would actually make anybody feel any better about the situation..

My heart just.. breaks for you and your wife. My girlfriend sends her condolences, as well.