What's new

Eat Chia Every Day

h.h.

Veteran
Ball bearings for the gut.
Hydrate it first or you’ll plug like the I-5 going in-to the 101.

Everyday in a smoothie, along with flax seed, spinach, ginger, orange, banana, apple, coconut, and a few things I'm forgetting. Wife and I never get sick.

h.h.

Veteran
ypou mean like the old chia pet stuff, the seeds?

Yep.

Soak it first or it absorb moisture on its way through and can cause complications.
. I put it in yogurt to make it like cheese.

It will jell up. Takes the rough out of eating roughage.

I often throw a little in my soil fermentations as well to soak up nutrients.

St. Phatty

Ball bearings for the gut.
Hydrate it first or you’ll plug like the I-5 going in-to the 101.

You mean, an Impacted Bowel situation ?

That's when you have something that feels like a piece of concrete in your bum and they have to dig it out with a small spoon.

A $1000 stainless steel spoon.

Sunshineinabag

ughhhhh^^^^ I live in a town where we have a "teaching hospital" for med students here is my take on 2020 medical students....I have "made" my way through medical school i am pissing excellence and beyond reproach......the entity that runs said "school" has now monopolized the local primary health care market so god forbid you wanna go outside of their network....ya gotta take a hours drive south or go to canada! I had to have my last surg at dartmouth!

I should take med advice from somewhere ...i see eat chia as med advice

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Nobody eats that shite.

They slurp it.

Textural nightmare and arguably inedible.

Think lumpy snot.

I had a coworker drinking a chia beverage of some sort who had me try it.

I've never been so close to throwing up without actually doing it as I was while trying to swallow that lumpy snot.

H

hard rain

Everyday in a smoothie, along with flax seed, spinach, ginger, orange, banana, apple, coconut, and a few things I'm forgetting. Wife and I never get sick.
I start most days with a green smoothie, 1/2 banana (skin left on), as much spinach as I can cram in, assorted veges but usually broccoli, chia and or flax seeds and a few walnuts.

I feel great for the first few hours of the day at least. Recently switched to a fully plant based diet and need my omega 3s.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Yeah fish is really good for Omega 3....

How many cabbages do you have to chase down to equal the intake of 5 oz of salmon??

You could probably just seed your crop every run and eat buckets of seeds.

Meat... always getting in the way of nutrition....

h.h.

Veteran
Nobody eats that shite.

They slurp it.

Textural nightmare and arguably inedible.

Think lumpy snot.

I had a coworker drinking a chia beverage of some sort who had me try it.

I've never been so close to throwing up without actually doing it as I was while trying to swallow that lumpy snot.
Good comparison.
Elephant snot is used to pull wire through conduit.
It’s a lubricant.
Chia snot lubricates your guts.

I don’t do the drinks. Mix it in yogurt or with oatmeal.

Mix dark chocolate with milk, maple syrup, cream of wheat. Blend well. Add 3 parts? oats. Blend slightly. Add 1 part? chia. Blend to mix only.. Then let it set until it’s a pudding like consistency.
Too much chia, it does get snotty. It doesn’t take a whole lot.

h.h.

Veteran
I start most days with a green smoothie, 1/2 banana (skin left on), as much spinach as I can cram in, assorted veges but usually broccoli, chia and or flax seeds and a few walnuts.

I feel great for the first few hours of the day at least. Recently switched to a fully plant based diet and need my omega 3s.

Smoothies can be like fast food. Everything’s processed, converts into sugar faster, and has a higher glycemic rating.

Using stoner logic, I add chia at the end of the process then give it time to soak up the nutrients. It’s like a slow release fertilizer.