What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No On-Site Consumption Of Marijuana

U

usually

is this worth doing?
picture.php

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Dude...

Like I mentioned in your other thread about rules, stoners shouldn't be super up tight with a ridiculous amount of rules and shit. Maybe I'm being mean or trolling or something, but nobody's gonna want to work for you. The ones that do will likely resent you enough to think of ways to rip you off. Relax a little bit. How the hell is a stoner on a pot farm going to tell people they can't smoke all day while they trim the freshly harvested nugs?

I've never run a trim scene (here comes someone quoting me with nothing but the previous six words), but I'm fairly good at predicting how people will act/feel given certain contexts...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Do you want me to work or not?

Hire/Fire/Promote on performance

Some people can talk and work, a lot cannot. I smoke and work, a lot cannot. Oh, they smoke all right, they're just unable to work at the same time.

U

usually

Dude...

Like I mentioned in your other thread about rules, stoners shouldn't be super up tight with a ridiculous amount of rules and shit. Maybe I'm being mean or trolling or something, but nobody's gonna want to work for you. The ones that do will likely resent you enough to think of ways to rip you off. Relax a little bit. How the hell is a stoner on a pot farm going to tell people they can't smoke all day while they trim the freshly harvested nugs?

I've never run a trim scene (here comes someone quoting me with nothing but the previous six words), but I'm fairly good at predicting how people will act/feel given certain contexts...

It ends up with them not wanting to work anymore usually, so if you start from that place it saves time.

I don't usually consume marijuana...

But when I do it's on site!

lol

Do you want me to work or not?

Hire/Fire/Promote on performance

Some people can talk and work, a lot cannot. I smoke and work, a lot cannot. Oh, they smoke all right, they're just unable to work at the same time.

creates a line of people waiting to smoke or waiting for the person smoking to do something or say something. puts the guy in charge of the work in line behind the girl with the lighter which lowers morale.

Lochinvar

If you treat your workers very well and are quick to get rid of the parasites, you will end up with a crew of well-treated good folks who work hard and are loyal.........priceless.

U

usually

If you treat your workers very well and are quick to get rid of the parasites, you will end up with a crew of well-treated good folks who work hard and are loyal.........priceless.

priceless is one of the main things that draws people into growing.

turns back into everyone saying its either worse different or better every time.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just have scheduled smoke breaks. If you pay by the pound. Then they still have to do a good job to get paid.

Here's a question. Do you smoke weed?

U

usually

Just have scheduled smoke breaks. If you pay by the pound. Then they still have to do a good job to get paid.

Here's a question. Do you smoke weed?

its not a trimming only rule. matters more how they interact with other people for it to count as a 'good job' then if they can trim lbs per day.

depends where i am if i smoke or not.

O

Oakhills

So they are allow to get drunk then?

You can always set up the trim scene at a local senior citizen center...then again they may need to puff on some meds too.... CTS sucks

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
When I was in construction I would show up with Starbucks and Haze for everyone. Get em jacked and watch em work haha.

Personally I wouldn't work for some cat on a power trip wigging over every detail. Let them do what they want, if they don't preform, let em go. Lose the power trip and maybe you will find a good crew. Play God with your plants, not with people. People respond to a decent human being, not a yeller or a tyrant.

U

usually

So they are allow to get drunk then?

You can always set up the trim scene at a local senior citizen center...then again they may need to puff on some meds too.... CTS sucks

yea they probably allow to get drunk on work nights. at work probably not though. weeding out the daily drinkers is hard to do. easy to spot them when you are not the guy in charge and easy to ignore them when you are in charge.

its a rule for the "site" not for trimming lol. seems to be a common rule in a lot of the hippie circles.

Personally I wouldn't work for some cat on a power trip wigging over every detail.

actually happened the other day... I think my exact words were
"I DONT HAVE TIME FOR A FUCKING FATSHIT ON A POWERTRIP!"

U

usually

When I was in construction I would show up with Starbucks and Haze for everyone. Get em jacked and watch em work haha.

Personally I wouldn't work for some cat on a power trip wigging over every detail. Let them do what they want, if they don't preform, let em go. Lose the power trip and maybe you will find a good crew. Play God with your plants, not with people. People respond to a decent human being, not a yeller or a tyrant.

only 1 person gets to be in charge. finding the power trip happens before you get to the point of needing to enforce rules. i think its more healthy to play god with people then to do that with plants. too much time in that place alone makes people go crazy. people respond to a paycheck before they do to other peoples emotions usually.