What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Not Living up to the hype

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Super lemon haze auto female= NO LEMON taste. An ordinary buzz. Feeble yields. I will not waste my money on it again.
Super Lemon Haze Regular= No lemon taste. Unruly sideways branches. Probably good for a screen of green. But honestly folks there is no good buzz from this shit.
Amnesia= I got fucked on this shit from the get go. Out of 10 seeds only 2 germinated and grew in to beautiful plants. I just sampled a 3 week old dried bud and where is the high? Unbelievable waste of time and MONEY.
I go back to my old TOP 44 to get high and a lasting high. Thank goodness I made seeds. There was one pheno in the Top 44 that smelled and tasted like LEMON. The high was overwhelmingly powerful and long lasting, everything was a joke. It was the best weed I had ever smoked except for Colombian back in the 70's and 80's. I have been chasing that pheno down without success.
The breeders have done a spectacular job of hybridizing but they have to get THC back in to the equation. I stopped growing stuff that doesn't advertise 20%+ THC. Waiting on TUTANKAMEN (sp) to arrive this week rated as the highest THC it will be interesting to smoke. Good luck to all you "chasers" out there.
attachment.php

View image in gallery

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Where did you get your seeds from?

I can understand on the autos but photoperiod SLH is some good herb.

Sorry to hear about your results. Maybe check out some of the chem/OG lines as they have a documented history of potency.

PPP from Nirvana is cheap and potent as heck. I would recommend that for power if you are on a budget.

Best of luck in your search

Max Q

I tried autos, found them to be a waste of time, lacking in taste and potency. The only one that was half decent was sweet seeds dark devil, taste was ok, yield extremely low....potency.... not enough to suit me.... why bother.
I wanted to believe, having read all the threads on autos, but they are just too weak for me.... what's so hard about setting a timer for the lights?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The biggest difficulty with autos seems to be the germination and early veg period. Learning to germinate autos in a large enough container, without over watering or over feeding, is definitely an acquired skill. Unlike photoperiod plants, even the slightest setback during this stage has a very large impact on the end result.

When you're looking for autos that perform well, find growers who have shown they can consistently maximize the potential of an autoflower. Look to their reports on various seed offerings and go from there. You'll find your results are much better, when you can understand and incorporate their methods. :D

hyposomniac

The biggest difficulty with autos seems to be the germination and early veg period. Learning to germinate autos in a large enough container, without over watering or over feeding, is definitely an acquired skill. Unlike photoperiod plants, even the slightest setback during this stage has a very large impact on the end result.

When you're looking for autos that perform well, find growers who have shown they can consistently maximize the potential of an autoflower. Look to their reports on various seed offerings and go from there. You'll find your results are much better, when you can understand and incorporate their methods. :D

Howdy Douglas,
Tbh, some of that sounds like a mythos built (not by you) to rationalize unstable seeds.

The second paragraph sounds like a good​ investigative strategy.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Where did you get your seeds from?

I can understand on the autos but photoperiod SLH is some good herb.

Sorry to hear about your results. Maybe check out some of the chem/OG lines as they have a documented history of potency.

PPP from Nirvana is cheap and potent as heck. I would recommend that for power if you are on a budget.

Best of luck in your search

The first set of seeds that I got failed to germinate. He sent me another pack. I germed 10 and got 6 females. I was disappointed. I still have the beans, I am going to gift them to Wally the grower.
https://dutchseedsshop.com/

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Howdy Douglas,
Tbh, some of that sounds like a mythos built (not by you) to rationalize unstable seeds.
It's the very nature of autos.

They're time based, so all the babying you can do with photoperiods is out the window. Watered too heavily in the wrong kind of soil and it took 2 extra days to dry? Impact on yield. Photoperiod plants you can just veg it another 2 days or so.

All of the little things you just 'do' with photoperiod plants, you'll find you don't have time for with autos. The more perfect the setup, the more the genetic potential is achieved.

Yes, there are a very large number of poorly performing autos on the market. This is true. :tiphat:

Bmac1

Veteran
I had a single 5 pack of fem SLH. 4 sprouted and all had a lemon taste to varying degrees. The keeper out of the pack was a 12 week hazey girl who had great vigor, frost and effect. Flavor was very hazey/ peppery with a lemon twang on the back end after a bit of a cure. There was a lemon skunk leaner as well that was auite strong in effect and lemon flavor.

Ive been meaning to grab more so i have them in the stash.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Well, more BUNK!!!! I grew out Amnesia from Growers choice in California. Sampled a three week old dried bud. Did NOT get a buzz. What a waste of TIME and Money. I had nothing but problems with this grow. The seeds did not germinate. I had 2 plants out of 10 seeds. When I complained they essentially told me to get fucked. Tough luck but we will not replace them because you did not follow our germination technique. I'm 69 and have been growing since I was 23 years old and never had this problem Fucking shit! They are not getting any more of my money.

REALPOTency

Veteran
the thc is only a part of equation,
the terpene profile is what modeling the experience,
thc+terp profile=experience

i have a gg4 S1 what test only 11-12%thc,
but the terpene profile is extremely strong,
the smoke is very hard, is feeling more potent that others strains up 20%thc with low terpene profile

Cvh

Supermod
^^I wouldn't order from those guys again.
Amnesia haze is a powerful smoke. It will leave you smiling for hours. I love it.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I am counting on Tommy Chongs LA Amnesia to help me out. It is a nice grower and about 4 feet Tall. Developing real nice buds right now.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe you shoud go back to the varieties you've done well with in previous years.

I've not had any problems finding potency with the new new seeds.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
auto's arent like photo strains it may take multiple seeds to find a keeper :)

I am not sure, you say you are keeping autoflowers? Secondly, are you also saying photo strains are so good, you always need only one seed to find a keeper? Come on...

al70

Veteran
i grew 20 autos once, after 6 months the triches were still crystal clear, i chopped and dried,, might as well be smokin lettuce, goodluck.