What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ALL ABOUT BONSAI MOMS/MUMS

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I'm going to do an ScROG experiment with female bonsai plants this fall. What I'm going to do is just veg plants and prune them down and keep them at about 4 main branches. I'll keep them bonsai at all times. Once they show sex I'm going to start training to a screen them flower them. I'm going to see how seed plants perform in a ScROG setup in small 1 gallon pots. I got to keep it small for now so why not experiment, and bonsai plants are perfect for this.

G

best of luck cf, sounds like a great Idea. Love to see some pics when you get em going. again, good luck

guerilla

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
guerilla1018 said:
best of luck cf, sounds like a great Idea. Love to see some pics when you get em going. again, good luck

guerilla

If get a camera I will definetly take pics. Can't wait to get started (pretty soon).

JDOG6000

Veteran
Thank god I found this.
My mothers are gettting out of control.
They just get big so fast.
Way more cuttings then I can deal with.
So this is perfect.
I got like 10 mothers.
And a walkin closet to do this in.
I'll post pic's in a few months.
It's funny I was begining to figure some of this stuff out on my own.
But this makes it way easier.

Thanks.

G

No problem danzig, best of luck with putting it in action :canabis:

guerilla

Hey......good job creating this post Guerrilla !
I´ve got some bonsais wich I´m trying to make them small ! Some of them come from clones,others directly from seeds,you can make it as you wish ! ....I mantain strains like Belladonna,California Hash Plant,Super Skunk,Arjans Haze 3 or Bublegum x w.w .....some of them have around 6 months but they are mostly around 1-2 or 3 months.
They are in coco in containers of ....0,25-0,40 L. ......not much
I´ve gos some pics of them !
All of them :

Coming from clone it´s easy to keep it small!

I´m trying some kind of bizarre things with mums....

Aupa,espero que os gusten......
1 saludo !

V

vhGhost

WOW
14757garras_agarrando_1_.JPG

G

wow great pics Txopin, those are a perfect representation of bonsai. That pic that vh reposted is crazy lookin, just goes to show what you can do with this technique with some practice and knowhow. Thanks for the kind words and for posting those, I really appreciate it. Take care.

guerilla

DJ Dibble

My Maple Leaf Mother

My Maple Leaf Mother

Heres a few pics of my Maple Leaf mother and a clone from here flowering. Any questions?

HiKing808

from ground to top of plant, how tall? need to design a mother cab and need dimensions thanks guys great thread!!!!
also what nutes, and how much how often etc??

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
HiKing808 said:
from ground to top of plant, how tall? need to design a mother cab and need dimensions thanks guys great thread!!!!
also what nutes, and how much how often etc??
what nutes, and how much how often etc??

all of this is explained in the begining of the thread :) i feed my sugar shack bonsai 1 time each wk every other wk i give her shot 1/8 tsp per gal seaweed extract. my plant is 5months old from clone rooted shes tall never been cut yet 18 inch under 70w mixed cfl lighting

lighting is 45w cfl 25w cfl off to side is another 45w cfl over another bonsai just started

from last wk :)

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Bonsai plants can be kept under a single shoplight (80 watts). I've had mine for almost 6 months now and she is still going strong. Although her cuttings are a pain to root. I'm thinkning about flowering her when it comes time to start. Mine is about 6 inches tall from the soil.

!PeAcE!

Hey whats up when i saw these pics i wonder mmm when you decide to take clones about how many can you take about 5 or 6?? welp just curious because thats about the size my bonsai are gonna be cause i wont be needing too many cuts just around 5 or 6

PEACE!!

Txopín-Iruña said:
Hey......good job creating this post Guerrilla !
I´v e got some bonsais wich I´m trying to make them small ! Some of them come from clones,others directly from seeds,you can make it as you wish ! ....I mantain strains like Belladonna,California Hash Plant,Super Skunk,Arjans Haze 3 or Bublegum x w.w .....some of them have around 6 months but they are mostly around 1-2 or 3 months.
They are in coco in containers of ....0,25-0,40 L. ......not much
I´ve gos some pics of them !
All of them :

Coming from clone it´s easy to keep it small!

I´m trying some kind of bizarre things with mums....

Aupa,espero que os gusten......
1 saludo !

Hi !
Peace ......
Two days ago I cut some clones from 7 of those mums.......and got around 50 clones,that´s more or less 7 per mum.
In my case,I have to fill my grow room with lots of clones for a continuous sog,but also for two grows of my friends at their homes,so I´ll try to get some more clones from mums....by cutting their tops some times more ( dont know the english word for this )....
I think,for that container and size,6-10 clones for each time it´s the right thing....
If you want around 5-6 clones per mum.....you can make them really small !!
Good luck creating small mums !
As your nick says......Peace !
Saludos !

!PeAcE!

Txopín-Iruña said:
Hi !
Peace ......
Two days ago I cut some clones from 7 of those mums.......and got around 50 clones,that´s more or less 7 per mum.
In my case,I have to fill my grow room with lots of clones for a continuous sog,but also for two grows of my friends at their homes,so I´ll try to get some more clones from mums....by cutting their tops some times more ( dont know the english word for this )....
I think,for that container and size,6-10 clones for each time it´s the right thing....
If you want around 5-6 clones per mum.....you can make them really small !!
Good luck creating small mums !
As your nick says......Peace !
Saludos !

this is what i got sooo far