Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2018, 01:06 AM #3151
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by NENugger View Post
haha AgentP. I'm trying hard not to smoke yet. Now that you said that, I might bust off a small end or two. My willpower isn't very strong though.
You can borrow my willpower if you want. I'll go take a rip, that way you don't have to
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:09 AM #3152
NENugger

NENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of light

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:05 PM #3153
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud of

Thanks for the cigar post and links!

Been thinking about it lately. Certain food and beverages are fermented, even for animals (cattle, feather, horses), for higher nutritional values.

My Zam Cobs
Unsealed and dried one of the two remaining.

Smoked a spliff last night: super smooth, super clean effect... didn't feel stoned at all, just well being, ultraclear vision... though the high was mellow, either my tolerance reached a peak level, or (more possibly) the pests from the grow hurted potency.

I'm chewing on 0,5g of 2 month cured cob, now, and noticed instantly the taste and aroma of the cob has changed, resembling more closely the "live aromas" from when the plant was alive. Still peppery-taste.
repuk is offline Quote

Old 08-29-2018, 01:15 PM #3154
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud of
Hmmm... feeling "something" not exactly high, but a sense of really intense wellbeing.

I wonder, there's any specific dehydrator kind to look for? If outdoors goes well I'll have lots of cobs to process...
repuk is offline Quote

Old 08-29-2018, 01:31 PM #3155
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by repuk View Post
Hmmm... feeling "something" not exactly high, but a sense of really intense wellbeing.

I wonder, there's any specific dehydrator kind to look for? If outdoors goes well I'll have lots of cobs to process...
Making my first cobs today.
My curiosity always seems to make more work for me. I'll be making some with regular "cow corn" husks, and some with Sweet Corn husks (Peaches and Cream). I don't know if it'll make a difference but like I said, I'm curious.

2018 Season's Post Mortem and Best Practices

~

Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:50 PM #3156
seeded

seeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Thanks for the cigar post and links!

Been thinking about it lately. Certain food and beverages are fermented, even for animals (cattle, feather, horses), for higher nutritional values.

My Zam Cobs
Unsealed and dried one of the two remaining.

Smoked a spliff last night: super smooth, super clean effect... didn't feel stoned at all, just well being, ultraclear vision... though the high was mellow, either my tolerance reached a peak level, or (more possibly) the pests from the grow hurted potency.

I'm chewing on 0,5g of 2 month cured cob, now, and noticed instantly the taste and aroma of the cob has changed, resembling more closely the "live aromas" from when the plant was alive. Still peppery-taste.
That sounds like what I experienced when I first started cobbing. If you're in the same boat the real highs begin at around a gram. If you're the same you'll really begin to notice a sort of hypersensitivity that's hard to explain at around a gram and if you take that gram or so dose and find yourself if that position I cannot honestly recommend an almost scalding hot shower enough. Obviously work your way up with the temperature but feeling each hot drop hit you and feeling it's energy dissipate into you as it hits and rolls away is truly magical. It's like a whole body orgasm that never peaks but leaves you wanting more.

That said the lesson to be learned is to enjoy the moment and not try to force it. I tried. I ate like 10g once and had to sit in the shower until it went cold. Trust me when I say to enjoy the moment and move on as it's never worth it. Do as you will though, I'm not your mother
seeded is offline Quote

Old 08-29-2018, 05:13 PM #3157
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

Tycho: I think the reason for using corn husks is they have a sort of waxy residue inside, which helps "sealing" the outer bud surface once you "sweat it" improving the process, it creates a "waxy film": you'll find the buds adhere to the husk inner surface.

It imparts taste also, brine-like. Though on this 2 month cured cob (last month cured without husk) the brined scent was absolutely gone, being replaced with something really, really close to the original aromas.

Seeded: I think I have too much tolerance. Will go straight to one gram or maybe save it for colder weather or at night... a scolding shower right now will finish me off (40C outside) but love the perspective
repuk is offline Quote

Old 09-06-2018, 12:01 PM #3158
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

Had a king size spliff of the cob yesterday. Spiciness has subdued, being really smooth smoke.

This time I watched out the cob curing jar RH, and brought it to 60% slowly over the course of several days.

Found is it really important to slowly dry and bring RH to lower levels... dunno if was the proper drying, or myself, but now I understand, Tangwena... Zamaldelica brings out the ninja in you!

I think your mood/mental has also to do with the high. Been through one of the rougher patches in my life, now that I got over it seem to kind of having "loosened" my tolerance, or enhance the positive effects... makes sense as in the end it's an auto-hypnotic!

Was tuning my "ghetto recycled 2.1 soundsystem" at my den while toking on the cob, First time I feel those "rushes" / waves / rollercoaster of energy/electricity/joy... just needed some stimuly: music... "Smack My Bitch Up" did the "Prodigy"

Shortly after finishing the spliff I couldn't stay still nor be "indoors"...

Felt blissed and incredibly busy and inspired for 3-4 hours straight, with noticeably heightened visual "perception"... grabbed the camera, a couple lenses and shot like 30 photos, fixed the veg garden and a couple dozen "loose ends" I had been neglecting for days...

Next will be chewing on it, I think I have a a good couple grams left from that cob.
repuk is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:28 PM #3159
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Had a king size spliff of the cob yesterday. Spiciness has subdued, being really smooth smoke.

This time I watched out the cob curing jar RH, and brought it to 60% slowly over the course of several days.

Found is it really important to slowly dry and bring RH to lower levels... dunno if was the proper drying, or myself, but now I understand, Tangwena... Zamaldelica brings out the ninja in you!

I think your mood/mental has also to do with the high. Been through one of the rougher patches in my life, now that I got over it seem to kind of having "loosened" my tolerance, or enhance the positive effects... makes sense as in the end it's an auto-hypnotic!

Was tuning my "ghetto recycled 2.1 soundsystem" at my den while toking on the cob, First time I feel those "rushes" / waves / rollercoaster of energy/electricity/joy... just needed some stimuly: music... "Smack My Bitch Up" did the "Prodigy"

Shortly after finishing the spliff I couldn't stay still nor be "indoors"...

Felt blissed and incredibly busy and inspired for 3-4 hours straight, with noticeably heightened visual "perception"... grabbed the camera, a couple lenses and shot like 30 photos, fixed the veg garden and a couple dozen "loose ends" I had been neglecting for days...

Next will be chewing on it, I think I have a a good couple grams left from that cob.
Hi brother I have been on safari at my fishing camp the last month with limited internet access so its good to be back home now.
Sounds nice but chew some my friend chew for as long as possible then wash it down with a drink.
Try half a gram to start and then adjust up or down from there.
My friends at the fishing camp are raving about the Malawi x Ethiopian and Panama x Honduras cobs me too!
One friend was so impressed he would not believe it had not been enhanced with speed ha ha. He just couldn't get enough and that was just smoking it!
Chewed I was tripped and blissed out for days on end the euphoria is so strong on the Panama x Honduras it had me bursting out of my skin wanting to hug and kiss every chick i laid my eyes on ha ha even the ugly ones ha ha.
My friends were trying to set me up with local girls wanting a good time ha ha. It was out of control while the cobs lasted party time every where I cant wait to get my next grow going now.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:37 PM #3160
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

missed your posts Tangwena, always get a hard laugh!

I just realized i chewed like 2 grams last time (prior to carefully drying). Just took a chunk and chewed it w/o weighting it ended up being mouthful almost. Brewed later into some cofee and washed down. Had some eggs for breakfast.

Just took a similarly size chunk after reading you, and weighted 2,5gr

Will try tomorrow morning again, will start with 1gr this time that I know is well dried.
repuk is offline Quote