What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK Greenhouse growers help pls

duckfup

What time of the year should i be planting out for a greenhouse grow? Ive always grown indoors but going for a greenhouse grow due to house redecoration/improvements.Any help or advice on this subject would be gr8 ty :)

M

mossy

If I was still in the UK I would be starting the seeds late Feb/March.
They like conditions/temps similar to a tomato plant..so once you see gardeners sowing tomatoes..you know you can grow.
I was NE UK..so needed to make the most of a fairly short season.
Watch for dampening off if you get a very over-cast stretch with low natural light levels.
Buy some gardeners fleece to protect the plants from any hard ground frosts if your greenhouse is not heated.
Good Luck..

watermelon

im thinking about growing soon in a glass room on the back of my house. i havnt seen any frost down here in cornwall but it is very wet at the moment and there havnt been many clear days.

i dont think temps are too much of a problem if you can keep your greenhouse heated. im going to try one of those clean burning greenhouse heaters.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My indoor strains will not finish under glass in the midlands and a mould resistant strain suited for outside might be best.

I set out month old clones in large pots start of june and bring them inside to finish in september or later if no mould.

Plants put out to reveg april - july yield really well the same way and are more likely to finish outside.

Used to plant out around easter but found was getrting huge plants with little bud at the end so worth trying a few put out later to see.

Induceing flowering is a pain but guarantees a good yield and four plants fill an 8 by 6 greenhouse.

Two POG brought in to finish last year yielded 8 and 10 ounces , normally 2 ounces indoors , but took till end of november and cost a lot of lights.
The smoke is markedly better from the same clone grown mostly under glass than from its sodium lit sisters.

watermelon

i havnt grown outdoors from clone, but from seed i found my plants got huge before any flowering began and they were out at easter.

force flowering is probably the way to go, but if its not possible i reckon mature clones closer to 12/12 season would be better, but then again i think you can make anything work if you do it right.

growbud

Hi All,
I’m a complete novice considering a first grow. I have read a couple of books as well as many posts here and at OG (when it was around).

I bought some seeds around three years ago. Power Plant, KC33 x Master Kush, and some freebies (Who’s ya daddy). All of these seeds have been stored fairly well, air tight container in the dark.

From what I’ve read, I should be able to expect that some seeds will germinate, albeit perhaps not as many as could be expected with fresh seeds.

I’m considering growing in a greenhouse, or perhaps outdoors. I live on the south coast and wondered if anybody in the UK has experience with these strains in a greenhouse, or outdoors? Does anybody know, if these strains are likely to finish.

Also wondered if there are any tried and tested outdoor strains that finish well in the UK?

Any feedback would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Growbud.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
duckfup said:
What time of the year should i be planting out for a greenhouse grow?

you can start anytime from NOW! :dance:
peace
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

jolene

I think that you should plant in april / may - if you start your seeds early you will waste heat and energy trying to keep your greenhouse nighttime temps up and those clean burn heaters release loads of moisture into your greenhouse which needs venting to prevent rot. Also if you are growing an indica hybrid then it may flower as soon as it germinates and you will yield nothing or get a wierd flowering reversion when the day length increases.
If you plant later the growth will be squatter and stronger because of the better light and they will easily catch up with an early started plant - they are going to be too big for a greenhouse anyways unless you use cuttings and/or train them, so why go for an absolute monster?
The only time I would plant early is if i was growing a long-flowering sativa and was force flowering it to finish in june/july and even then i would plant in march.

That is my squids worth anyways...

daddy fingaz

i planted out in april last year and ended up wiv uncontrollable monsters... i think the below was bout july....

as hard as it is to wait , this year im thinkin of waiting til possibly late june, i figure theyl still 2 months of good veg time so will still get a decent size and at the end of the day the less time theyre growin the less that can go wrong and ur still gonna get a decent yeild.

I am tho considerin plantin soon and force flowerin this so they get the full force of the summer sun or doin sumfin autoflowerin like masterlow or bluestreak if the seeds are ever available!!

infact i think il try each option!!!! :joint: