What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Highst's House

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Very interested in this. Building another metal framed greenhouse soon and been needing ideas. Thanks for the thread.

ParadimeBag

this is a great start. i have been wanting to get into the greenhouse scene and this has given me some good ideas. are you going to use those clear polystyrene sheets for the roof? i imagine that would be ideal for this situation.

forgive me for asking, but is this a legal grow? because the neighbors being so close would scare me to death. you dont have to answer that if you dont want.

thanks for sharing and i'll be watching to see it develop.

D

DJ_highst_

lunchtime progress update

lunchtime progress update

:wave:

Last edited:

agent 420

Looks like you have a nice solid frame to work with there. Can't wait to see the final product.

That big tub must be for the fountain. Or it could be a big ass flower pot. I bet you could grow a real tree in that.

G

hot tub

hot tub

DJs got his res pumps all he needs in that huttub just about 400 sqft hottub is what about 350 gallons good think in cal youll never need the heater

NOW THATS A GROW

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin great, DJ! Japanese Maples are awesome, sounds like fun. How much room are you going to allow for cannabis? You should put one herb plant in that hot tub and grow it SCROG style! :rasta:

You'd need like half the greenhouse if you gave her all summer!

What kind of ventilation do you have planned?

LORD BENIS

Yes!!!
Looks like you've been hard at work DJ. Keep us updated with the JM progress, they're really cool trees. It would definately camoflauge MJ well, but if you're legal I guess that's not a big concern. How deep did you dig the holes for the posts? I hate post-hole diggers, shittiest tool ever!

P.S. I vote for hydro hot-tub also ;)

LORD BENIS

Awesome work and good choice on the corragated plastic roofing. Are you gonna use that for the sides too? Now all you need is a res, pump, and some lava rock for the hot tub and you're set to grow some serious shit. Man that would be awesome, just something to think about :chin:

G

Highst, Fuck it........I'm going with the corrugated as well, after seein your pics I can get a feel for how it will look for me. I just can't see spending the money on the really nice panels when my frame and inners are 40+yrs old; seems like putting a new paint job on a POS car.
Frame looks clean and I can see alot of potential for customization. If you have a moss garden, you gotta post it. I can also see a tricked out, momma tree in that hot tub. :joint:

How long till you think you'll be able to get a grow goin in there?

J.

D

DJ_highst_

Lord Benis- The corrugated plastic is great. I reccomend it. I am going to use it on the sides too, but after I set up the inside of the GH. I got big plans for the hot tub, stay tuned, it should be cool.

Pyrex- I think you could still put the plastic on the wooden frame you have and still make it look good. Look at my set-up, I got some big, stupid, ugly hot tub in the middle of my GH and I am building on a hill and it still came out OK. If plan it right it will turn out fine.

What did you mean by moss garden, were you asking if I had one? I want to start some and grow it on some rocks by the waterfalll I want to build for the garden.

I will be filling it with veggies, japanese maples and a few other medical herbs very soon.

Suzycremecheese- Yes that center section is for shade. Its on the North facing wall, so most all the sunlight still makes into the GH, but the panels block the mid-day direct sun from the far wall. I want to keep my japanese maples in here, so they need some shade.