What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water pooling on floor

20sackzack

I have a 16x9x7.5 foot sealed room. Temps stay between 70 and 75 and rh stays between 60 to 70%. For some reason water keeps pooling up on the concrete floor. Anyone have this happen to them?

I was thinking it could be condensation from the cool ground forming on the warm floor but it's quite a bit of water. Never droplets on the walls just the floor. And nothing is leaking

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Are you sure it's not coming up from the concrete? Concrete is porous to water and if the bottom of the slab is saturated the capillary action of the water will pull it up the concrete.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Your temps are dropping at lights out and you're getting condensation? Look up VPD and read up a bit on it, it explains what's happening. :) Your plants are also transpiring a lot of water, do you have dehumidification equipment?

Why so much RH for such low temps? Personally, I flower at 70F max with <30RH for quality reasons.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
^^^ People always link a vpd chart, I'm not sure if it's this one or another one.
Sin-t%C3%ADtulo-1-910x299.png

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Yep, that's me at 70F, allll the way over in the red and beyond. ;) (This chart is designed to show VPD, not cannabis quality. hehehe)

troutman

Seed Whore
Make sure all your electrical stuff is well off the ground just in case.

You may have a cracked foundation and with Spring heaving and thaw it's causing leakage.

20sackzack

Are you sure it's not coming up from the concrete? Concrete is porous to water and if the bottom of the slab is saturated the capillary action of the water will pull it up the concrete.

Yeah that's the only thing I can think of.. the concrete is painted with enamel patio paint but obviously water is still moving through. I guess all I can do is mop it up everyday and hope it stops when it warms up some

20sackzack

Your temps are dropping at lights out and you're getting condensation? Look up VPD and read up a bit on it, it explains what's happening. :) Your plants are also transpiring a lot of water, do you have dehumidification equipment?

Why so much RH for such low temps? Personally, I flower at 70F max with <30RH for quality reasons.

I am well aware of vpd. 5 degrees drop in temp should not cause this much condensation even with rh at 60-70%. Yes I have a 95 pint dehumidifier and these plants are still small in veg

20sackzack

Good luck bro, I hope you don't have to end up getting the foundation inspected by a professional :(

Thanks man, I'm not too worried about it because it's in a detached garage that's sitting on a fairly thin concrete pad. My room is an insulated room inside the garage so it's not like it's part of my living area. More just annoying than anything at this point. Was just curious if anyone has had this happen to them before