What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do they add nutes to coco coir?

Hubbleman

Veteran
I'm looking for soil free from all default artificial nutes in it, so I can add my own, any nutes pre packaged with coir??

What soil mix would u recommend for organic indoor grow?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I'm confused.
Most coco is pre-treated, and doesn't say if it's organic or not. Cogr isn't treated though, so you could grow with organic based food in that.

Be interesting to see what people think to that. I'm banned from a uk 420 site for saying such a thing.

I'm confused.
Most coco is pre-treated, and doesn't say if it's organic or not. Cogr isn't treated though, so you could grow with organic based food in that.

Be interesting to see what people think to that. I'm banned from a uk 420 site for saying such a thing.

Had thought you could grow organically in coir? Why did they ban you for?

Hubbleman

Veteran
Your question is a little confusing. Maybe restating it so we could help more?

Basically what I'm asking is is there any nutrients stored in coco coir prepared for potting

In garden peat compost they add shit ton of artificial synthetic nasty nutes

Absolem

any nutes pre packaged with coir??

Yes.

Most coco coir is charged with calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate. They do this to remove the sodium that's in the coir and to reduce the potassium levels to acceptable growing conditions.

J-Icky

The point of the pre charge is to make it a better growing medium.
As for your initial question, no they don’t add slow release nutrients to bricks of coir. There is nothing in there that would hurt your organic grow you are talking about in your other post.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Had thought you could grow organically in coir? Why did they ban you for?

This is totally off topic, so people should probably find something else to read.

They ban anybody that says something they don't understand, especially if it might impact sales figures for advertisers. They seemed to think organic labeled feed wasn't available, but instead fed the microherd. Ignoring the fact it had instant results and a label clearly stating what was in it. Made some comments about me never having looked in the seed vendor forum, and that was about it.

The board there was so littered with banned users, they now put post bans on people, not full bans. This doesn't show to other users. So my rep is way past my post count, but I can't post.

There is always a bit more to a story.
I was a member 10+ years before, and was banned properly for making an electrical safety thread about power and water, after I had a little shock from a negative ion generator. A number of electricians and the like didn't believe it, stating water is an insulator. Banned. Then 10 years later I stumble upon the thread, and one mod had been posting on it every 6 months, calling it the thread that keeps giving. Like it was his lifetime achievement. So I joined again. Pointed out we are all measuring conductivity with our meters. Took ec1.4 as an example and calculated shock risk at different distances. Said mod switched to his puppet account and started hounding me. That electrical thread is now deleted.

It's very strange over there. People are constantly trying to figure out what users used to be know as. Banning is so common. Most decent posts are from banned users. You just have to post pics and say nothing, and you will do very well. Which doesn't suit me at all.

I'm banned from another UK site to. I posted a pic, that had a cutting tray in the background. A tray that could hold 35. So I was banned for doing 35 plants. Which it could hold, but is simply the size you buy them. Sometimes people just want you gone, to protect their crown.

I like IC. I have never seen posts accusing others of not even growing. Or being somebody else. Little gangs picking on individuals. No user here is seen as the idiot in the group. No one person is seen as the only truth. Nor wants the role. Character assassination isn't the reason people log in. It's nearly all about growing. :comfort:

Latest posts

Latest posts