What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

is diabetes higher in stoners?

S

Sertaiz

Whats the deal. I ate wayyy too much sugar today and my veins are literally pulsing. freaky.

i have a problem stopping eating when i get the munchies, which is great usually. but white sugar seems to be a scary thing.

has anyone completely quit white sugar in all its forms?

any sugar stories welcome. it feels like the drug we dont talk about.

Spaventa

Veteran
I read recently somewhere that you guys piss is so sugary, it can be fermented like sugar wash and run on a stil. Free alcohol :)

And yes I gave up the “white death” years ago. Don’t touch it. I’m sweet enough anyway.

S

Sertaiz

did you have any physical trouble quitting?

its hard enough saying no to friends and family and then insulting their diet by explaining....

shithawk420

Veteran
You would think stoners would have more diabetes but I've actually noticed the opposite.only stoner I can think of off the top of my head with diabetes is my uncle.hes likes his cookies and cakes still

Sign

Dm2 is totally preventable and treatable. Check out Jason Fung's speeches for a quick rundown if you just said "bullshit" while reading that. Managing diabetes 2 is much more profitable than curing it, that's probably why people think it's a progressive genetic disease.

I don't like to eat when high. Well I do but I don't like me later if I do. So I just go in knowing it ain't happening and I don't get any urge to eat.

So if you're a stoner with dm2 and you don't want to live with progressively worsening neuropathies, gangrene etc etc just stop eating for a few weeks. Most people are carrying at least a months rations around with them wherever they go, many carrying over a years supply of sweet delicious food all pushing down on their heart and lungs and everywhere else. Just set the spoon down, drink plain water, coffee, tea.

No reason to have dm2.

shithawk420

Veteran
I saw something like 10 ago about a guy who practically reversed it with a healthy diet of rice and vegetables

S

Sertaiz

the Gerson diet is good for everything ive heard, it includes a glass of mostly raw veggie juice hourly while awake. its a trip how he made his diet, first was for migraine headaches in med school and he cut back to apples and added things in slowly...

Sign, the way you say that pushing down on the heart, etc is how it feels to me.
it is hard eating anything on the munchies, i will agree, my best meals stoned are something like soup or roasted pumpkin/ other veggies, things i can really overindulge in without them hurting me.

Sign

If you do have dm2 or just more meals on your frame than you'd like I'd really suggest looking into fasting. If they could fit all the benefits of just not eating into a pill I'm sure this new miracle of big pharma would cost more than cancer meds. But alas, everyone loses with fasting, Kellogg's, doctors, restaurants, big pharma etc, everyone but you. Well I guess you lose too, you'll lose a shit ton, but it couldn't be more natural or healthy. Everyone thinks it's impossible, it's not. You don't need to do anything. Literally. Just don't eat.

You're not hungry and you won't be hungry. The clock is the only thing that ever makes us hungry these days.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Just like how every child that is hyperactive has ADHD nowadays and needs medication, anyone who has insulin production problems is a genetic diabetic. Hospitals dont make money if doctors told people the issue could go away with diet and exercise...Hippocrates was diagnosing and helping people overcome diabetes issues in his lifetime between 460 bc and his death in 370bc, he even diagnosed and created the terminology for cancer and tumors.

let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Just like how every child that is hyperactive has ADHD nowadays and needs medication, anyone who has insulin production problems is a genetic diabetic.

Hospitals dont make money if doctors told people the issue goes away with diet and exercise...

Best post here yet. I myself am trying to convince a family member of mine the importance of diet and exercise when it comes to diabetes. THCV too can be beneficial in conjunction with a diet comprised of foods and spices essential in changing the deficiency

positivity

Veteran
Pretty sure it's well known there is type 1 and 2 diabetes. One of them, type 2 is adult onset usually and manageable through diet and exercise

I don't think there's a conspiracy...lol

Last edited:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
A friend of mine runs an exotic animal business/petting zoo and we work with camels alot. He was telling me about how camel milk contains insulin but the FDA wont approve it for consumption (go figure...) The only way to get is for an individual to become involved with the pasture.

shithawk420

Veteran
A friend of mine runs an exotic animal business/petting zoo and we work with camels alot. He was telling me about how camel milk contains insulin but the FDA wont approve it for consumption (go figure...) The only way to get is for an individual to become involved with the pasture.

That's interesting.we used to raise llamas and I know they are related to camels.do you think llama milk has insulin too? And the FDA is fucking evil incarnate.very corrupt organization

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Im not well versed in animal anatomy so I cant say for certain. Havent heard anything so I did a search and didnt find anything in particular relating to llamas and insulin milk.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I can't what value people find in a site that argues opinion without due diligence to uncover facts

diabetes is real as is the benefits of cannabis in regards to it

well when the site goes dark don't ask why

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Pretty sure it's well known there is type 1 and 2 diabetes. One of them, type 2 is adult onset usually and manageable through diet and exercise

I don't think there's a conspiracy...lol

They changed the name from adult onset to type 2 because kids started getting it. Its absolutely diet related.

Latest posts

Latest posts