What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GG#4 x C99.

gmanwho

Veteran
Hey Gman out of 10 GG x C99.. 9 fem 1 male but he is a keeper, he is up stairs putting them on the glass...yep cup of water pollen collection. I would have liked to leave him in the male tent but he started dropping and theres like 10 males in there so I didn't want pollens crossing.

I will snap some pics of the GG xC99 on monday...hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend

sweet!! man id love to see what you find. good odds there on the females.

i really dropped the ball over here with my ggxc99 seed pops. i lost so mush shit in the past 6 months. on one hand i think it was a sign for me to slow down an focus.

if any gg xc99 turn out like that mango pheno i found happy days are here.

b well man an thanks for taking the time to document an show.

Americangrower

Veteran
Lil update on the gg x c99. These girls don't want to flower still waiting for 1St bud site to start counting days of flower. I think it has been like 2 weeks of 12/12. Anyhow

picture.php

7 &8
picture.php

5 &6
picture.php

3&4
picture.php

gmanwho

Veteran
Ag, i know its only been a few days. 4 6 an 2, look like early flower. sounds like that could be a name for a tool song.

are the other c99 crosses doing the same delayed flower?

i am not certain why it would delay flower, only know what i was told the time it happened to me.

i had something happen similar like 10years back with a pack of casey jones seeds. similar female ratios actually. 11 seeds , 9 females. they took forever to show sex in 12/12. like 20-25 days to show a normal day 7-10 flower site development. when i asked head he simply stated the plants werent mature enough at time they went into flower.

i think i took like 10 days off the original 12/12 date.

cuttings should be fine.
i read somewhere that cuttings hold the original seed start date for maturity.
there was another article i remember reading that stated 150 or so days the plants are considered mature or adults..

now if i can find those articles or older threads to back up what i think i may remember.

thanks for posting..

also its odd the male started dropping early but yet the females are delayed ?

Americangrower

Veteran
Well I checked them today they are all officially in flower. Going to call July 1 day 1.
As for the males all are dropping a little I kept my favorite in tent the others are now outside. I have clones of all of them so I will just see how they turn out outside if I like any I will just flower a clone.
1 of the Corey x c99 males is already chopped and collected. I don't know if I will use pollen as he was fast and tall I am guessing c99 side but then again I never grew corey

gmanwho

Veteran
awesome.

hopefully someone with some knowledge on delayed flowering can chime in.

gmanwho

Veteran
here was the quote. post #19, dated feb 24,2008 in my " right track with casey" thread over in head seeds section. some of my remembrance where slightly off but pretty close.. the 150 day article was something completly different. might have been for thc production peaked at 150 days from seed.

looking back at that thread makes me miss that casey jones. i do have some casey jones seeds i found in some colas that i believe are s1's

heres that reply to my casey jones delayed flowering question. my case i didnt get any pistol development into 12/12 for 15-17 days. i think i couldnt even see sex, or one pistil till 15 days into 12/12......

I've had plants that look to be slow starters end up packing on and finishing up relatively quickly... When judging the start of 12/12, signs of the plant being sexually mature are at least as influential as height considerations... Plants from seed have to grow to a point of sexual maturity until they will flower, so a few days early could delay flowering a few days... I'd say a 40 to 50 day veg to reach maturity, but some will be faster or slower... I've seen plants show signs of sexual maturity after 25 days and I've seen it take over two months, so there is quite a swing, but I'd average the casey's at 45 days...

So my answer is yes, delay your regimen to sync up with where you think they appear to be...

Americangrower

Veteran
Yeah I know a plant won't flower until it reaches maturity, after checking my days and giving seedlings 7 days to start from seed, it puts these girls at 50 days of veg so I guess it wasn't as delayed as I thought. I thought they were past 50 when I put them in 12/12..oops lol

gmanwho

Veteran
Another northeast friend popped 4 outdoor ,1 male an 3 females just showed sex. all under 2ft tall, one closer to 10in. not a high sun yard. he put them out around june 15th.

AG, fat lower leaves like yours earlier on

Americangrower

Veteran
well not the best pic but the ones in the back are all the c99 x's ..what a difference a few days makes, they all have buds starting as they stretch.
picture.php

on another note the 1 GG x C99 male is a floppy trainwreck..I'm thinking GG sided

redlaser

Veteran
Last year I grew out ten GG4xC99's I made using males from Joey Weed's C99. I like C99 a lot and had the pollen and figured something good would come of it.

Plants were very vigorous and productive but after trying them all I just would rather have C99 and GG4 by themselves. To me, even if it was c99 or gg4 dominate, it was kind of a watered down version of whichever one it was mostly resembling.

Might just be my purist viewpoint, you guys might like it a lot. If I'd never had c99 or gg4 by itself I would have been a lot more impressed.

gmanwho

Veteran
ya redlaser i hear you. i def dont want to water down the gene pool. that overall is just a waste of time..... but then again i had only one male to choose from. and im just messing around with crossing things.

that mango pheno i found in the ggxc99 was nothing to sneeze at.

i also see potential from that the other x c99 things that ive been lucky enough to see. i must have handed out 300 seeds intentionally. not to mention scattered seeded product that went out.

next time around making seeds, an if im more serous, im hoping to have the option to flower out a few more males to make a better decision.

Americangrower

Veteran
Well I couldn't disagree more Redlaser. Crossing any clone to a male and then choosing a male that has the traits of the clone is the only way to get seeds that produce offspring similar to and sometimes better than the clone. Selfing is watering down the gene pool.

As for C99 I had Grim's pineapple cut and a grapefruit as well as many others when I grew a pack of Grim and a pack of Heath's f3. I think C99 is ordinary at best, but when I crossed it to sour diesel it kicked it up 5 levels. So in short I humbly disagree.

redlaser

Veteran
Well I couldn't disagree more Redlaser. Crossing any clone to a male and then choosing a male that has the traits of the clone is the only way to get seeds that produce offspring similar to and sometimes better than the clone. Selfing is watering down the gene pool.

As for C99 I had Grim's pineapple cut and a grapefruit as well as many others when I grew a pack of Grim and a pack of Heath's f3. I think C99 is ordinary at best, but when I crossed it to sour diesel it kicked it up 5 levels. So in short I humbly disagree.

Yeah, I don't disagree that there could a lot of potential if that cross was worked beyond what I did. Guess I just expected to be impressed with a simple F1 hybrid of the two.
I'm a little surprised to hear you think c99 is ordinary, for me it has the cleanest, most upbeat pure sativa type buzz, the only anytime of day smoke for me. I've only had the Joey weed version though. The smell and taste is pretty good, but of course there are more loud and unique strains out there with opposite or mixed effects.

Americangrower

Veteran
Yeah, I don't disagree that there could a lot of potential if that cross was worked beyond what I did. Guess I just expected to be impressed with a simple F1 hybrid of the two.
I'm a little surprised to hear you think c99 is ordinary, for me it has the cleanest, most upbeat pure sativa type buzz, the only anytime of day smoke for me. I've only had the Joey weed version though. The smell and taste is pretty good, but of course there are more loud and unique strains out there with opposite or mixed effects.

I live in Mass. so out here to me if it aint couchlock its ordinary. I don't like the leftcoast "daytime smoke" It's just not my thing.

So I guess it's above ordinary but wasn't good enough to be a permanent keeper in my garden

redlaser

Veteran
ya redlaser i hear you. i def dont want to water down the gene pool. that overall is just a waste of time..... but then again i had only one male to choose from. and im just messing around with crossing things.

that mango pheno i found in the ggxc99 was nothing to sneeze at.

i also see potential from that the other x c99 things that ive been lucky enough to see. i must have handed out 300 seeds intentionally. not to mention scattered seeded product that went out.

next time around making seeds, an if im more serous, im hoping to have the option to flower out a few more males to make a better decision.
That mango pheno sounds interesting, I'd check that out in a heartbeat.
I'm lucky enough to have pollen from three males to work with, one of them kicks out plants with an odd camphor like smell a 1/3 of the time. I should get that tested because I read somewhere it could be high in a specific useful terpene, but am drawing a blank now as to what that was.

Right now I'm focusing more on F2 versions of c99, after fifty females I've found one that probably surpasses my F1 c99 keeper. More vigorous and faster growing, and frostier, and from what limited pics and info I've found it seems to be a dead ringer for princess. Running it again of course to double check and also running another forty f2's.

Latest posts

Latest posts