What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yogurt Cup Challenge

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yogi Contest... 2 more checks off the old bucket list.... Nice!!!
Back on the list they go...
~~~~~

Man... I like this yogi cup....

Week 1...

I need to get me more of these...

:laughing:

>>> Sorry to say the Yogi got B-Mites and I
had to cull everything growing.... <<< :look at this:

I'll be trying this again...

Have fun yall...

Lurking till the end... :ying:

Last edited:
The two rules are roots in the pot, and bottom feeding is allowed, right? That is so wide open I'm smiling. The more roots you can cram in your pot, the larger pant you can grow. I should be ready to unveil my idea tomorrow or Saturday.

Cutting selected was Female Seeds Iced Grapefruit
Seed #1. Bog Seeds Bubbagum
Seed# 2, 3, 4 are Female seeds grab bag. Could be anything, but I am very, very impressed by the virility of the FS seeds I've popped.

The FS Iced Grape Fruit cutting is from a plant I started from seed 2.5 months ago and has been flowering for 3 weeks come Saturday. I took a cutting two weeks ago and it stuttered due to the beginning flowering cycle after I cut a clone. It got put in the Yogurt cup three days ago once a few roots started..

The Bog seeds BubbaGum popped six days ago, but the seed was one of a pair I planted, and the first one popped over three weeks ago. It seems stunted, but we'll see. Stunting might be good with such a small pot.

The FS grab bag seeds will just be differentiated with numbers. I haven't chosen which of the seeds that popped I'll be using. There are four nice thick leafed, Indica, and a Sativa runt that had a helmet head I had to help find it's way. The other five are middling in leaf width.

Pictures by Saturday.

Snype

Veteran
Day 1 VEG for The Yogurt Cup Challenge! I'm not going to give any of my details as of yet, until we are further along into the challenge. Here are my 4 entries which are KK Stardog, Stardog #6, Stardog #9 and Motorbreath #7:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I will be donating $100 store credit to SEEDBAY to the winner!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bigups snype, for adding the seedbay prize, that's awesome, and glad to see you got sum plants in cups, they are looking good.

also, alien.Dawg, sorry ur yogi didn't work out, hope alls well otherwise!

this is gonna be fun!!!

azimut

Hello,

No post last week, nothing to see.
3 on 5 are out, two are dead, stay one "Abricot" this is the flavor of the yogurt.

Since now, i will post some up-date every week.
Good luck for all the players, this gone be fun.
And wow, Snype! Thanks for the extra price!

Last day of september

First of october

:tiphat:

One thing I noticed this week is that I can foresee a need for a water pan or something similar. I have a week class ahead of these girls and they are quite dry when I go to water in the morning.

Snype

Veteran
Well I had to dispose of my yogurt cup plants. There was some sort of fungus growing on all of them and I didn't want to possibly infect my whole grow. I think I can get another run of them going but we will see. Regardless, I'm still donating the money to the contest so good luck to everyone if I have to drop out.

G

gloryoskie

Snype, sorry for the lost plants.

Have you had the fungus before? What steps should
one take to deal with something like that?

Glad to know you will try again.

Snype

Veteran
Snype, sorry for the lost plants.

Have you had the fungus before? What steps should
one take to deal with something like that?

Glad to know you will try again.
Not sure. I wasn't going to waste time trying to fuck with them and contaminate a room and possibly the whole grow. The plants in the cups were plants that I had sitting in the cloner that rooted last and sat there for an extra week or so. I usually throw those ones out but I figured I would use them for this. I have some other cuts in rockwool coming any day now but not sure if I'm going to need all of them for one of my grows. If I have anything extra I will throw them in yogurt cups and try again.

Been having a lot of problems and learning curve. Let's see if I got it now.

picture.php

Dremel adapted cup.

You say five cups?

picture.php

First attempt at gluing the veil.

picture.php

picture.php

Week 2

picture.php

A recurring problem has been my first choice of glue. I've switched to spar varnish for a second attempt.

picture.php

I'd hated to be disqualified for not keeping the roots in. :dance013: I'm a quadriplegic, so it takes me a LOT of time to do things. Hope you all will bear with me.

I ended up going with Boggle gum, Iced grapefruit, and three Female seeds grab bag. The Boggle gum suffered root rot, so I tore off most of the roots, washed in warm water, and replanted what was left. I seem to have created a dwarf. Bonzai anyone? The Grapefruit took two weeks to root, and I used a starter cup to pop the seeds.

The pump is the smallest one I could find, and it is sill a bit too much. I may grind away some of the pump vanes to tone down the velocity.

next on the agenda is to finish the 120w LED. Looking to make a 14.25" x 14.25" x 36" box for the square foot challenge. Do all the challenges at once. Having a problem with heat from the pump. I've had a electronic cooler and thinking about attaching it to the tank as an inter-cooler.

G

gloryoskie

Here she is, about 3 weeks in 11/13:

picture.php

Close up:

picture.php

I've started feeding twice daily to offset the tight rootspace,
something I learned from Greenmatter's demo.

It's my go to smoke, smooth with a nice perfume note.

Latest posts

Latest posts