What's new

Double Dutch VS. Chronic

wdcf

Well one of my upcoming grows is going to be strictly for yield, and I was just curious on peoples thoughts and opinions between the two strains? I know that double dutch consists of a older version of chronic (thats supposed to be higher yielding but less potent variety) and one of Magus' Warlocks...... and then their is SS chronic.

Reports on both strains are generally positive and I was curious if any has actually grown both and could compare the 2?

Thanks
~WDCF

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i havent grown Chronic so regarding that i can only speak of what ppl tells me or ive read in here and similar places

they have around the same high yield but DD has a better taste and smell

i dont know how all DD behave in growth as i only have this run cut myself but shes a slow grower but she will fatten up massively once put into flower

cannaddin1.jpg

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I've grown both. They both yield huge, Chronic yields slightly better, Double Dutch is a better quality smoke, in my opinion.
I'd happily grow both again.

FireFly22

My 2 cents>
I have not grown out DD but I have grown out the Chronic and I have to say that in a SOG they can yield very well. My first run with a 1000W was 24 in a 4 x 4 room and got over a LB. I thought that was great. I is sensitive to a good cure to bring out the best flavour.
On a side note I am currently growing Mosca's FireFly ( DD x C99) and there are far tastier phenoes then the chronic every was, and the yields are fantastic. There are phenos with the indica dome buzz, but there are also some huge phenoes with the C99 Buzz, and way better flavour then the Chronic!

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive only run her topped for clones so i cant say how much she branches untopped but topped she branched a little although branches was within a reasonable distance from the canopy and filled with big greasy buds

the picture i posted earlier in the thread was from the donor of the cut and untopped as i unfortunately didnt take any pictures of her in full bloom when i ran her last year
using her for breeding in the future and pix are garanteed by then

T

the_coota

well i got ur freebies gunna!.. but id love some freebies that have some of that DD cut in it!! hint hint lol... im gonna pm u about the corn row mix, to find out wot ive got here,..or could u direct me to a thread about ur mix if u have one..
my apologies for getting off topic..
imo i would go with the DD, its worked and improved, kinda speaks for itself.. and mosca speaks very highly of its yield and flavour..