What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whats a great early flowering strain for northern climates???

W

Wasabi420

I'm searching the boutique for an early flowering strain that will perform well in a northern climate like Vermont. Any suggestions? I want it to be awesome quality if possible but not too pricey

B

bcell

Magnus Biddy Early was my best in NE but no longer available on sboo. Mandala #1 looks promising for our climate.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
you might want to take a look at the Nordic outdoor strain thread linked in my signature as theres many nordic strains listed there with descriptions and pictures

unfortunatly none or few of the breeders of them has been able to get a proper deal with the owner of this site so they are mostly available else where but some of them can be available on seedbay in the "server funding" auctions from time to time

if your having bad luck on seedbay try udg, zenseeds or seedshare
google is your friend ;) and even the Chinese government has problems censoring that site :)

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
I have had very good northren outdoor results with:

Mandala #1) lots of variation but all turned out great. The description on the mandala web site is very accurate.

Jamacain pearl) I think this is an over looked strain because it is entirely cure dependant. I sold a good amount of it cause it just wasn't as good as the other strains I grew, but it had great bag appeal. big mistake 6 month cure really brought the best out in this one just as potent as the mandal #1. I pulled a pound a plant of very high quality.

Early Riser) One of the best commercial outdoor strains in my opinion. Big buds, very frosty, grows with no effort, 2 lbs yeild. Flavor not all there but she's got an above average potency. If your lucky the purple pheno is a gem!

slackx

Veteran
Get yourself some some c99 you'll be happy. On the boutique mosca negra has it, and on the bay it's under Gypsy Nirvana...really is an amazing fast finishing strain. Im not a fan of autoflowers theirs a couple other strains that have really fast flowering times do your research friend.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look for strains with landraces in them that are from northern cold places. Strains from Nepal, or Afghanistan would be the most obvious.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
time bomb ( legends )
early queen ( mr. nice)
biddy early (maguns )
early pearl ( sensi )
might be able for flo ( DJ ) I forgot how long mine went

check the outdoor section with strains peopel are growing outdoors.. as I don't do outdoors and I'm sure there some strains to go after if doing outdoor

if in vermont, you might think about a shed or greenhouse ( if doing on your land that is )

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
Jamil Sayyida (Karma ) and Esbe Stuff -Hybrids from hell!! You cant go wrong!!

Hi there. Lots of Blueberry Timewarp buzz in the Timebomb strain from Legends own. For me it was very worthwhile to grow. Texada Timewarp clones and their hybrids are quality outdoor producers in B.C. famous for resinous bud. Mandala's offerings are also stated to finish early and are excellent bargains for 100% germinating quality seeds. Hybrids From Hell seem tailor made for Northern Climates and would be worth a go as Esben is a serious breeder who I think will make his strains known to more Canucks and other Northern Growers before long. I for one will try some of his wares in the near future. Good luck outdoors under the sun.

HorseMouth

DO you have any friends at UVM? I have a friend that grows up in S.Hero, she's all about early purple strains. I feel like in the 90's it was all Canadian, Northern VT, Purps.

I'm at 45 degrees and 3900 ft elevation, and Im working with Owl's Production strains. You can find them at Visionofhemp.ch. He's a high elevation swiss alps grower

Good luck!

Stdane

Try femaleseeds outdoor Grapefruit and purple Maroc,early Queen from Shanti Ierdbei from basic seeds,Lebanese redhaired Sonja and Silverdream are a few others who will finish fer sure up north.

peace:wave:

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
Get yourself some some c99 you'll be happy. On the boutique mosca negra has it, and on the bay it's under Gypsy Nirvana...really is an amazing fast finishing strain. Im not a fan of autoflowers theirs a couple other strains that have really fast flowering times do your research friend.

You think C99 would do well in low temp climates? My Mosca C99 BX become sad and refuse to grow much below 70 deg F

Scrogerman

Veteran
'Swiss Cheese' looks promissing for your Climate, im in the northern hemisphere myself. The Genetics consist of Swiss Miss x Cheese, I hold this paticular seed bank in high rergard, & will mention Nivarna as i think they are accepted as cool by this site.
It was bred for more temperate climates & is mold resistant, SwissCheese sounds a really promising strain from Nivarna. I Have BlackBerry(Nivarna) & Sweet Purple (Paradise) & a load of Auto's too, Automatic(BigBuddha), AutoMaria(Paradise), Onyx/Mi5(SS), & many more, I have Most of the 'SkunkTrain' Collection as freebies too, their crosses of all their best with a 30 year old dutch heirloom skunk, which is interesting! (i know im not allowed to mention the breeders of that though), infact im not 100% who i can mention & who i cant, i know if their friends of the Bay& Boo & IC etc then their OK, anyone who aint you cant mention, i think its all silly myself, but ah well! As long as Gypsy & the Mods of IC are Happy then so am i, They offer a fantastic service in IC & the Bay/Boo, im a lifelong member/customer thats for sure!
Good luck with your Outdoor ventures.
Peace & Respect.......Scroger! ;) ;) ;)

Stdane

Also try some danish seedbanks they're specialized in strains fer outdoor northern climates...good luck..peace!!:wave:

purple_man

Veteran
hey bro!

dutch passion has some nice early outdoor strains, would recommend: passion #1 n hollands hope

deadbeef

I'm growing at 49N, and went with some Haley's Comet, Early Riser and Biddy Early seeds. These should be good for these areas. Will see how it turns out.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Early Riser and Biddy Early have worked well for me in the past. Mandala #1 didn't really finish before Oct., and at that point, mold is always an issue for me. Doc Atomic's BluberryxNL is on my outdoor to do list.