Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > Computers > Tranferring Windows settings to new PC

Thread Title Search
Tranferring Windows settings to new PC Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2018, 01:52 PM #11
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac_AU View Post
I'm typing this on my new machine.
Everything went really smoothly. This thing is lightning fast it's amazing. Thanks again all of you.
Congrats!

I know old time engineers at work who refuse to even turn off a PC because something could break. lol.

2018 Season's Post Mortem and Best Practices

~

Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:23 PM #12
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Haha my old man used to be like that. Didn't trust technology at all. My mother is in her 70s though and she's computer literate and has a smartphone. The old man wouldn't even touch a smart phone. I don't think he understood how they worked because they don't have buttons.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:26 PM #13
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
Congrats!

I know old time engineers at work who refuse to even turn off a PC because something could break. lol.
I had one old timer at my last job that used to pull the power plug out of his power supply every time he wanted to log off.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:32 PM #14
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Lol

My sister quit her job as a waitress because the restaurant got a computer cash register.

I want to catch her touch the keyboard just to move it and I'll yell "BOOM!" Lol

Old 02-15-2019, 05:52 AM #15
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Red face

i despise Windows 10 myself. every damn time it does an auto "upgrade", it takes me two days to get it back to working like i want it to.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:45 AM #16
TychoMonolyth

Updates these days are much better and don't mess with your settings. Turn auto-update off. Let it download updates, but not install. Then when you have a weekend away, tell it to update at midnight.

2018 Season's Post Mortem and Best Practices

~

Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------