What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Cream Cookies indoor grow

Mengsk

Thank you Real Gorilla Seeds for sending out the Super Cream Cookies! Shipping was really fast and I'm excited to see what comes up. I have them in a plastic bag with a banana and apple following some advice read here about increasing the chance of female plants.

Last edited:

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
No chance for changing the gender this way. This is pure superstition.

Mengsk

Seed fridge for everything else while I wait for these to pop.

Attachments

• 2016 07 31 15.35.12
    2016 07 31 15.35.12
    67.5 KB · Views: 51

Mengsk

Here I'm using sponges inside a plastic bin to start the seeds. The outer bin has 2 cm of water on the bottom and thermostat set to 21 C. Note: must be very careful with this setup as one unintended shake can cause confusion.

Using toothpicks from a harbor freight brush/cleaning kit as tweezers or chopsticks helped get seeds out of the cups of water.

I soaked each packet of seeds in ~0.4% h2o2 for 10-15 min then plain filtered water then onto the sponges. May try pH 5.8 water or 1/4 strength fertilizer next time.

Last edited:

Mengsk

Update: 5/6 sprouted, along with 1 of NL and some others starting to crack open. The one that didn't sprout was smaller, I'll give it more time.

They are now in coco cells under a humidity dome with a seedling heating mat and T5 cfl.

Some white mold started appearing on all of the seeds. I am going to try washing or scrubbing the seeds after soaking them in cups of water next time. The sponges were wrung out then yesterday I poured 10 ml of pH 5.9 1/4 strength feed over the seeds with a little paper cup. As soon as the sprouts pop up I'll remove them from the humidity dome.

Mengsk

All 5 broke the surface.

I tried to plant them with the pointed end up 1 cm or more below the surface. 3/10 of the Nirvana NL from 2003 opened so far but not yet transplanted. None so far for the C. Orange x Chronic or G-13IX. It's been a while since I've done this. Attempting to disinfect the seeds somehow might extend the incubation time possible without starting to see that while mold on the seed shells. Not confident or very optimistic about germinating old seed with that happening.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 39

Mengsk

There were a few aphids (!) from a small fly I think on the top right seedling. Toothpick got rid of the fly and aphids appeared today. 1 and 5 look slightly different from 2-4.

Mengsk

The tent helps quite a bit in an unheated garage. Light is set to 18 hrs on 6 off. I'll need to move the rest of the plants out into another tent.
As soon as the seedlings look ready I'll use this tent for flowering.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Real Gorilla Seeds Super Cream Cookies ♀️ 1

Real Gorilla Seeds Super Cream Cookies ♀️ 1

zwOMJX2.jpg

RhnhTmV.jpg

H4embgn.jpg

Real Gorilla Seeds Super Cream Cookies ♀️ #1
Purple stem phenotype

Most vigorous of five plants. Two didn't make it, possibly from underwatering. One smaller ♀️ next to this one.

SevzA6O.jpg

MAVFa98.jpg

Super Cream Cookies ♂️ #1

[#1] since only one made it

album - s://imgur.com/a/ksDBgK7

Mattbho

Man I really wish people would post a finished picture or at least say you killed them messing about. What every happened to put seed in soil and let it grow