What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai's Blooper Reel

thailer

Hey! I just wanted to post some bud shots and document the remodel of my grow rooms while I start a new round of plants. Shoot the shit with other like minded people and enjoy life. I've been growing pot for about 5 years in soil indoors. In a week, I should be finished harvesting Orange Cream and a Romulan cross. Previously I ran Original Glue and next up is Lucid Blue, then Remedy CBD.

Here's some old pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0903.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 41

thailer

Some GG4. Everyone's ran it but I still like it.

Attachments

• IMG_1697.jpg
    IMG_1697.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1609.jpg
    IMG_1609.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1957.jpg
    IMG_1957.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1779.jpg
    IMG_1779.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 34

thailer

Romulan cross, Schrom with big ol' colas!

Attachments

• IMG_2290 - Edited.jpg
    IMG_2290 - Edited.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2287 - Edited.jpg
    IMG_2287 - Edited.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2050.jpg
    IMG_2050.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2178.jpg
    IMG_2178.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2036.jpg
    IMG_2036.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 34

thailer

Figured out how I want my new grow room set up but I need to calculate costs first. I'm hoping to turn my current bloom room into a veg and use the warm air to heat the new bloom room I want to build during night cycle. I also want a hallway or small room I can enter and close a door to keep out light so I can enter my bloom room for night work. like a mud room? I'm not sure how it's gonna fit without getting in the way of the garage door rail. Hopefully I can have a more finalized idea by the end of the weekend to share and welcome input!

Also harvested Schrom today at day 71. Will chop Orange Cream soon and share some pics of her. I will clean up the room, paint the walls again as it's been a long while and add more plants.

Attachments

• IMG_2472.jpg
    IMG_2472.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2458.jpg
    IMG_2458.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 29

thailer

I like that Romulan cross. :)

:tiphat: She smells like a tropical drink and very sweet smelling. Vigorous but i have to say she is tempermental about environment. She didn't so much care for my current veg area but when she hit the bloom room, she really started to shine!

thailer

So I have some fresh cured buds to smoke and report on. Orange Cream is amazing! Never had bud that tastes as orange as this. Every person I gave some too was very happy so I’m putting her back into rotation.

Schrom turned out pretty fluffy. Any old heads know if Schrom’s buds are fluffy like afgooey? I gave some of that to a dude who said he hasn’t had Schrom in 3-4 years and wanted some. Soon as he saw it he said this isn’t it. Bummed but the weed is good.

The grow room build is slowly happening. I have to finish clearing space to build it and get everything approved by the warden. I was presented a business venture though so maybe if I put some green in her purse she will be happy.

I decided on a 8x8’ room with nine foot tall ceilings that may or may not have a light rail. The walls and floor will be insulated. I just need to set up the ventilation to pull veg room warm air in so I don’t have use a heater during winter. Does anyone think this is a stupid idea? Each winter I struggle because the intake pulls outside air in that’s 20F and even with a heater and hot HID light, it doesn’t seem to get very warm. Low 70’s during day and nights get down to 50F. I need to fix this and thought this might be a way to cut a 1500w heater. I’ll post some harvest pics soon.

thailer

good lookin flowers :good:

:lurk:

Thanks heady!! :tiphat:

Finally after a hiatus due to a new job, spider mites getting into the garden and me not wanting to build a brand spanking new grow room just to have mites in there too, I will start building it next week!!

In other news, I have been gifted some new strains!! :dance013: I am super blessed.

I got the North Cascade Cut of Jelly Breath that In House Genetics uses to make his jelly crosses with.

GMO

The MAC :blowbubbles:

I also got some samples to smoke on while i waited for them to root. WOW!! I know some new ladies who will be getting preferential treatment.

Attachments

• IMG_3110.jpg
    IMG_3110.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 35

thailer

So the room ended up being about 9x6 with 9 foot tall ceilings. I have to put up the insulation and panda film and then the room itself will be complete. I'm hoping to get plants in there by sunday at the latest to start flipping them. :woohoo: I still need to find another double ended light by the time it's completely filled up which should be a couple weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_3270.jpg
    IMG_3270.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3268.jpg
    IMG_3268.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 36

thailer

well i put up R13 insulation and then panda film for the walls. I bought a used phantom DE light down in oregon at a used grow store. It lights up and came with a new bulb but it was dirty still from the gardener who sold it to them. The guy told me it came from a larger grow and the person came in with like ten lights to sell. reflectors are shiny new looking but theres a sticky dirt layer all over it. I spent probably 2 hours with bleach water, Qtips, and an artist's paintbrush to get in all the cracks and crevices. It cost me $125 and someone i know personally is selling me their phantom light for $70 and its from a clean grow room.

clean enough? I'm so nervous to inherit bugs but two 1000w phantom light sets for less than $200 with one new bulb, is a score! part of me wonders if i should just resell this one from the oregon grow that might be dirty and take the money and put it towards a new light that is also clean like my friends but the cost would be a lot.

thailer

Lucid Blue first, then 3 Scoops getting ready to go into bloom :dance013: I'm running all of these for the first time for the most part. I have eleven strains but only room for 7-8, so some of them have got to go. I'm just throwing them into flower to figure that out. Some are growing vigorously like Schrom and 3 Scoops but some are slow to grow and that is not really an attribute I like. They will be smaller in flower and probably be tossed unless the smoke is quality enough to keep.

Heyyy buddy, it's corpsey. This is my new name on here.

Looking good with the no till pots, I just started a 45 gallon pot with a bunch of seedlings in it. Pretty much the thunderdome, let's see who survives.

thailer

Heyyy buddy, it's corpsey. This is my new name on here.

Looking good with the no till pots, I just started a 45 gallon pot with a bunch of seedlings in it. Pretty much the thunderdome, let's see who survives.

Heeey!!! Mad max of no till :greenstars: Mine are only 20 gallons but it seems more than enough for one big bush. :dance013:

thailer

3 Scoops

picture.php

Orange Cream

picture.php

Wish this wasn't sideways but I wanted to post it anyways. :shucks:

picture.php

I'm really excited to see the 3 Scoops because the plant is just a breeze to grow. I found out Schrom is not actually Schrom recently so i tossed the cut but kept this big girl to bloom out because its good smoke. its incredibly tempermental and difficult to grow.

I was using a Growers Edge sulfur burner for spider mites which worked great the first time i used it and did a couple burns which worked great, but the second time i used it months later, it wasn't doing anything. I checked if there was another brand of burner besides growers edge but there isn't one? I finally found a Nivola burner from Holland and I can buy it from Canada. The heating element on the growers edge wasn't heating hot enough and reviews from other people who bought one said the same thing. The Nivola has a replaceable element which is an actual light bulb style that you can purchase so you can repair it for under $40. all the reviews were great too and it worked after three burns. the one thing i didn't like is the metal cup is sending up metal pieces from being heated and new. the first cup of sulfur melted was silver and the second, third times is was yellow but released the metal. I'm hoping that will go away and a soapy spray solved it. So far its been three weeks with no mites. :)