What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wrapped it as tight as I could get it then used thick rubber bands to hold it all together and sealed it in a vacuum bag for 30 days. I think the next one will be better using a higher moisture content to help with fermentation. Trial and error phase :D

T.H. Seed

Decided I'm more capable of keeping a close eye on the cobs as they sweat than I am capable of waiting for them to dry longer😂 My partner and I split the plant in to two decently compressed cobs and plan to age them different amounts.

Attachments

• 20230405_212049.jpg
    20230405_212049.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • 20230405_212019.jpg
    20230405_212019.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 41

T.H. Seed

Due to the high moisture in the buds, we decided to stop the sweat after 12 hours and opened them to surface dry. A wonderfully unique sweetened cucumber smell greeted me upon opening. After surface trying and wiping out the bags we resealed them fully and will now watch for the changes in colour. Thank you for keeping this information alive and fruitful for all Tang! Very excited to continue this process

Attachments

• 20230406_101002.jpg
    20230406_101002.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52
  • 20230406_100956.jpg
    20230406_100956.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

sneezydog

Banana bark Hammer, where the leaf connects to stalk. Better than the actual leaf in a few ways. Leaf just breaks and rips. Double layers of Ti leaf, or something similar strength for tight tying if you want a leaf ..
Idk about preferred but each has its own microbacteria... different smell. I kind of like the Ti leaf ones. Banana bark is easiest, especially without vacuum sealing as it has a very slow but steady moisture loss. Ti leaves super thin and need layers and more finicky to tie up.
Some day i want to pound some mostly dry dakine into a cow horn and seal it with leaves and then a wax cap.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like a Sushi Mat ? There's a lot we can use to wrap a cob with. The tighter we can do that the better IMO.

These are the banana Leaves I was referring to. The only prob is there not sold in the USA.

Last edited:

islandpreservation

What comes to mind when I read this is the way certain tea is aged in at least China. It’s referred to loosely as cooked and goes through some type of sweating to age the tea. Seems it should be similar to cobbing.
Yeah, the pu-erh tea is aged in caves apparently, definately gets me more lit than any camilla sinensis tea I have ever had. Some wierd fermented notes that bring out some magic. I know someone who carries a thermos and teacups everywhere and shares. Cult following :)

islandpreservation

Looks like a Sushi Mat ? There's a lot we can use to wrap a cob with. The tighter we can do that the better IMO.

These are the banana Leaves I was referring to. The only prob is there not sold in the USA.
nice find! good to know it is accessible to those who aren't in the islands. I saw someone in the phillipines selling cacao leaf wraps for blunts, probably would work too if they are that pliable when dried.

sneezydog

Bonghopper, i think any good nonpoisonous plant part, leaf, root bark, bark, etc would work as long as it has a good waxy surface to release from the resin. Let us know how it goes!
Hammerhead, i tink those leafs will disappoint you by being too flimsy and rippable upon tying. The link i gave is a different product. Maybe can cancel your order still OOOOp to You ;)

Tangwena

Veteran
These are the same buds from the same plant one jar cured one cob cured.
I just chewed some of the cob and its very good very strong trippy euphoria with no paranoia .
Its a Santa Marta Gold x Demon Latcher plant in case you are wondering.

img_2617-web.jpg
img_2631-web.jpg
img_2628-web.jpg
img_2621 (1)-web.jpg
img_2618 (1)-web.jpg
img_2619-web.jpg

The cob is slightly moist and deliciously sticky with a deep Port wine/incense/pine background.
And I can only come up with that description because I am so high ha ha.
But its all true I swear ha hA.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Good morning cobbers!

It's a little while since I've posted as there's not much happening at the moment.

Here's a bit of this morning's breakfast cob.
View attachment 18828562
View attachment 18828563

Have a great weekend folks! 😃
Dont be shy brother what was it made from?
I love looking at your cob pics man and that goes for everyone else out there making cobs.
Lets get some pics of your matured cobs say 6 months and over thats the connoisseur grade.

I imagine one day there will be a shop like a cigar shop a clearing house for cobs from every corner of the globe try before you buy of course.
With the members here and others out there unknown to us it would be a pot shop for connoisseurs of the ultimate high.
I just hope to live long enough to visit it ha ha.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Dont be shy brother what was it made from?
I love looking at your cob pics man and that goes for everyone else out there making cobs.
Lets get some pics of your matured cobs say 6 months and over thats the connoisseur grade.

I imagine one day there will be a shop like a cigar shop a clearing house for cobs from every corner of the globe try before you buy of course.
With the members here and others out there unknown to us it would be a pot shop for connoisseurs of the ultimate high.
I just hope to live long enough to visit it ha ha.
Silly me!, I forgot to say what it is!

The cob in the picture is Golden Tiger, from last year's harvest.
It was made in the 17th of November, so it's still quite young ie it's not even 5 months. It was hung to dry for 5 days before cobbing.
The smell is very sweet. Milk chocolate and ? Pineapple, certainly something tropical.
Despite its young age it is strong. Friends who smoke it get very messed up and can't finish a spliff in one go. A friend wife said to me the other day not to let her husband have any during the day time as he doesn't get anything done.
Eaten, 20mg is sufficient to get most people good and high for 8 hrs.
Mrs DM and myself found it really good for day time activities. A very clear and euphoric high. In larger amounts I find it quite trippy and I'm off into a different worlds. Great for spacing out on my sun lounger.

3 days ago I started of some seeds that I was gifted from a well respected member. I put 3 Destroyer seeds from 2005 into paper towels and in less than 24 hrs 2 had sprouted and all 3 in less than 36 hrs!
I also started off some Zamal/Jamaican blue mountain x A5/Thai and some Destroyer#23 x Deep chunk/Tom Hill Haze.
And in another month I'll be starting off some Zenith fem and Killer A5 fem.

Lots to look forward to!

Have a great weekend chaps!

Latest posts

Latest posts