What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x PCK

FletchF.Fletch

Thanks @Kustom_ax !! Yes they are under LEDs with T5HOs in the corners to add extra Red. Base lamp here is the Hortilux 240-R; the T5s are 2' long and peak at 630 and 660.

image.jpeg

StickyBandit

Seems I got 3 different phenos with the 3 ladies in my pack
I can't tell the individual aromas but the tent reeks of ripe fruit/berries
All 3 seem to have some degree of crimson/purple in the buds. Left rear is lankier with color. Right rear is stocky with fatter buds and more brown while the front one has good color and shape but not as well hung as right rear.
I have clones from all 3 and somewhere in amongst them are a few seeded buds....hopefully. Might keep this strain going if the smoke is popular with the family :)
20220816_201037.jpg

FletchF.Fletch

Thanks @StickyBandit !! Yours have been looking Amazing.

The faster finishing phenos can come down anytime between week 7-9. I prefer to chop these right after the Calyxes swell and final resin stack occurs at 9 weeks or so. For the Malawi leaning phenos it's more like 9-11 with an occasional longer flowering holdout.

Seeing yours makes me want to Sprout another pack or 2.

Kustom_ax

Veteran
Finally I've got something to show. Nothing impressive, but the ball's rollin'!
All are at day 14 of flower (11/13). This a "quick" trial run of the clones.
This tent also has a two sour diesels (sowah), and 3 tiger bomb S1 clones going xD crowded up in this b*tch.
Will report back when things get more interesting (>day 50).

So, I actually gave out a few of my malawi x pck feminized seeds out to a friend while I was busy with other things - it ended up being a mutually beneficial deal.
He got free seeds, and I got 3 different clones - E, K, and F - all Sativa dominant in structure. I had the pleasure to already see those cuts flowering.
I only had space for two of them, I ended up bringing E & F. Kinda wanted K instead of E, but I would've had to wait xD

The following characteristics derive from plants grown indoor under HPS - the plants you see in the pictures below are indoors under LEDs - Same clones though.
E - the smallest yielding of the three, mediocre resin coverage, yet same large stretch, shortest flowering (9w), all green, and an intense sweet bubblegum, with cedar wood in the back end. Mouth watering actually, and reminded me of my early teen days in Amsterdam xD
K - large yielder, impressive resin coverage, compact chunky nugs with slight fox-tailing, all green, flowering around 10/11 weeks, intense cedar wood with a sharp spicy "je ne sais quoui" haha - Can quite put my finger on it yet.
F - largest yielder, impressive resin coverage, looser and fox-tailing purple buds (not pink, not super dark purple), longest flowering time (11/12 weeks), intense red forrest fruit pakistan terps with an acrid, fermenty background, like a chemD almost, but no lemon. Also zero bubblegum, or cedar wood, complete 180 degrees from the other two in terms of smells.

Without further ado,
E
E_MPCK_14_2.jpg

E_MPCK_14.jpg

F

F_MPCK_14_2.jpg

F_MPCK_14.jpg

F_MPCK_14_2.jpg

And one lonely male I popped from seed ! He's totally green so far, but stem rub, leafs, and stretch, resembles more a pck.

Malawai_PCK_Male.jpg

StickyBandit

Opened the tent tonight and one of the ladies (the chunky pheno) has had a fall :eek:
I think they might be about ready. Maybe chop tomorrow. They feel pretty fat and sticky and I have many more clones of the 3 phenos ready to go in
Looks like there's no clear trichomes left and they're getting some nice color now. Plenty of amber on the small leaves
20220902_204944.jpg

MxPCK.jpg
20220902_204737.jpg

20220902_203515.jpg 20220902_204637.jpg 20220902_204717.jpg 20220902_204843.jpg

StickyBandit

I just finished hacking them down. Looks like I'll get about 250gm (8 or 9 ozs) from the 3 plants dry.
Stems aren't that strong so I probably should have used the scrog that was hanging just above them the whole time :p
The more brown looking, chunky pheno that fell over smelt strong of forest berries, as did the smaller more purple pheno at the front. The taller, sativa looking, purple pheno with greater node spacings at the left rear had almost no berry smell at all but had a slight lemon smell.
Stickiest of them all was the right, rear, browner plant with the strong berry smell
I think I'll start cobbing 1 or 2 of the top buds from each plant harvested from now on :)
20220816_201037.jpg

goingrey

I just finished hacking them down. Looks like I'll get about 250gm (8 or 9 ozs) from the 3 plants dry.
Stems aren't that strong so I probably should have used the scrog that was hanging just above them the whole time :p
The more brown looking, chunky pheno that fell over smelt strong of forest berries, as did the smaller more purple pheno at the front. The taller, sativa looking, purple pheno with greater node spacings at the left rear had almost no berry smell at all but had a slight lemon smell.
Stickiest of them all was the right, rear, browner plant with the strong berry smell
I think I'll start cobbing 1 or 2 of the top buds from each plant harvested from now on :)
View attachment 18752628
They look amazing, good job! These were all soil right?

StickyBandit

They look amazing, good job! These were all soil right?
Yeah mate. Used/depleted soil mix that was a mix of coco, perlite and compost and then fed bottle nutes this grow, with cal/mag and 0,11,10 mix added for the last month or so
They seemed to enjoy a strong EC of about 2.0 most of the grow
They actually yellowed off a bit since that pic was taken. It was more for pheno identification

StickyBandit

View attachment 18752628
Finished up with 10oz dry bud + the few buds that were cobbed
The taller plant has no fruit smell at all while the other 2 have quite strong forest berries aroma. Once the chlorophyll smell is cleaned up I'm sure they will have quite complex aromas judging from the hints so far. Initial impatient testing is good for strength and effect :p
In the meantime I will be working on a completely organic run of the 8 clones from the 3 phenos. I need to practice my organics skills (or lack of) on these very forgiving, easy to grow ladies before moving on to some more challenging sativa and haze strains :)
20220911_145254.jpg
20220911_145320.jpg 20220911_145330.jpg 20220911_145337.jpg 20220911_145342.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts