What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Headbanger

Raho

Veteran
I'd have to purchase myself to be 100% sure, I trust my buddy but sometimes things get mis labeled and stuff. And yes there's plants I can look at in Veg and tell if it's correct. I'm just wanting to know if anybody can 100% identify not about how much I trust my buddy lol gggsss. I figured it was such a popular strain somebody would have a idea maybe. But I've got 3 that's fem from 5 or 6 I popped. And of course I wanna get clones.....if it's a Headbanger. Might just have to take some cuts and cross my fingers. My friend has done a lot of work with various plants and makes some great crosses he's hooked me up with. Well anyway they all have the bigger WiFi kinda leaves but smaller, the 3 I got are very uniform. I can get some closer pics. They seem kinda short and bushy with big leaves, lol I know that's describing half the plants out there. I can usually tell my plants I'm familiar with by the leaves most times. A guy that grows Headbanger A lot I figure should be able to at least say yes or no, maybe lol

Hi WV,
Headbanger is an F1 hybrid of Karma's SourD IBL keeper cut and a Biker Kush male. Because of this, seed plants from a pack of this gear can be expected to throw a variety of phenotypes from Biker dominant, Sour dominant, and "In Between" phenos expressing a combination of (dominant) traits from each parent.

As far as I know, there is not a selected "named cut" in circulation from this hybrid. If there was a cut from a single plant making the rounds like that, there might be a slim chance that someone with the cut might identify a unique trait and recognize it in someone claiming to have the same cut.

To make things even more complicated, Sour/OG hybrids have been common on the market for more than 10 years from many breeders.
There is NO WAY someone looking at pictures of these seedplants could give you a definitive YES or NO answer to your question.

As with many things in the cannabis seed world, the best way to ensure you get what you are looking for is to have trustworthy sources.

#No substitute :headbange

Bmac1

Veteran
I just put 7 seeds with tails in starter cups. This pack, my last one, was in the freezer for a year or more. Not sure. On for a small pot pheno hunt since I was forced to cull my garden for a false alarm. These will be in 3 gallon bags due to space restrictions but I’m sure I will find a worthy successor, maybe better but that would have to be exceptional. Had many great reviews from the very small number of people who tried last one and most didn’t know it was my grow.
I want another pack but with Karma’s sad news don’t know when. Still have half of this pack left and back in freezer.

Karmas sad news? I hope he is well.

I saw a couple days back on IG that he said a new batch of headbanger was drying and would be available in 3-4 weeks.

So many great plants in this line and I too need to get a pack.

RawNature

here they are at about 6 1/2 weeks veg 3 female so far 2 on left side and the front middle.
picture.php

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I put one outdoors, I need to clean up some of the leaves and tie a branch up....Maybe in flowering somebody can recognize if it's Headbanger. I just put a big one out yesterday in about a 15gal grow bag. I was gifted these seeds. Unless I purchase there's always a chance something got mixed up. I've got a lot of good stuff from my pal but he could've got mixed up labeling or something. So hopefully after flowering it's more defining. He said it was from 2015 but I've tried 4 and they look identical almost. I think 2males and females. But I'm saving one for clones and got one flowering. Here's the one I just put outside. It's been rainy, and cloudy. I decide to keep them indoors until the last minute. There's a lot of single blade leaves needs removed and cleaned up some and maybe another stake. It's a viney plant I have, so I need to make sure it doesn't break.

Attachments

• 20200624_190426.jpg
    20200624_190426.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200624_190349.jpg
    20200624_190349.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 22

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've been trying to get headbanger beans for years. Welp, hopefully I can score some f2's somewhere:)

OP

That's me and my friend had these 2015s he passed me. I'm gonna flower one and see what happens. I've got to much time in it to not make sure it's right??? I've got the Biker x Sherb I'm trying to get a cut from.

renne

Even if it is Europe just order from Attitude I always pay the extra $15 for guaranteed shipping and have never had a problem

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
They won't take a money order and I don't have a pre paid card. I had a pack last time and attitude didn't give me even a day to express ship my cash with a tracking number. Yes I'm old school, and I've got a order from the most reputable Seedbank in the UK and been 1 and 1/2 mths still waiting.......damn it wasn't for legit Headbanger. I've got these my friend passed and I got the Birthday Banger cross. But maybe I'll get me a loadable card if there gonna be avalible for US purchase. Found another strain I've been wanting I hope it gets here though. Good luck I'm already thinking of buying a loadable card!!!

G

Even if it is Europe just order from Attitude I always pay the extra $15 for guaranteed shipping and have never had a problem

I’m still a little bothered by the poor way they did the SourD thing but I’m willing to give them a shot again. They just need to put a time allowance at least of 24 hours to pay at least.

Bmac1

Veteran
I need to try to get a pack of these too. I've drooled too long and missed out too many times, lol.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Are they from the same parent plants? Sour Diesel v1 x Biker Kush?

Or you reworked them?

Every drop of headbanger has been same parents.

Kg sour diesel IBL 2007 cut X Biker Kush breeding male.

Yes its same.

G

Headbanger has been my best seed plant I have had. For some reason I have had issues and am now again getting seeds started. Im sure its something I have done but scratching my head. I put 7 in water. All cracked and had nice tails after moving to a paper plate 48 hours later. Carefully planted in small 2" square pots of soil. They did not sprout on the same schedule at all. Took several days for 6 of 7 to pop with a couple taking 4 days plus. 3 of them had a hard time shedding the shell and I did carefully help. Maybe I did something wrong. I have grown from seed for long enough to know I didnt do anything seriously out of the norm but Im confused. One came up and is going strong and the 3 remaining ones have finally started to get past second set of leaves. I went ahead and put the rest of the pack in water and they are starting to crack.

But Headbanger is still the best I as a small grower have had over the years and cant wait to get another pack for the fridge storage. My fav over a couple of clone only things I just tried from my grows. This keeper I had to cull for a security bull shit thing that turned out to be a false alarm hurts and I would give anything to have her back. Hope one of her sisters is as good or maybe better.

Latest posts

Latest posts