What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab - Organic soil, 44W LED.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the bubba x cherry bomb crosses are a mixed bag, 6 weeks in , bending them in half doesnt help their look either
1 looks pretty poor, not the best pheno
picture.php

2 is the stretchiest and possibly the best yield
picture.php

3 is the closest to bubba and smells like bubba too, all the rest smell more CB
picture.php

4 is pretty decent too and short
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so the seeded bubba came down today. all in all at turned out pretty well, nugs are small but well formed and frosty as hell. i guess in a few days i'll know how many i got.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the 4 cherry bomb x bubbas will come down soon, maybe friday....
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GP - yeah its frosty and longer than i normally take the bubba (to make sure the seeds were mature)

amanita - yeah its done pretty well... obviously the buds would be bugger with more watts of LED. the bubba took up just half the cab and light, so thats 22 watts, less than a single 'standard' cfl - so its done very well for saying that.

im going to veg a few things in the cab next i think to see how that works.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers g0v, yep got the final pics of the bubba x CB, which were harvested today.

first off though the dry weight on the seeded bubba (including seeds) was 26 grams, which i, happpy with... but i only got 200 or so seeds when i was really hoping for a lot more than that.

right, the bubba x CB
number 1 - the least impressive of the lot
picture.php

number 2 was probably the highest yielding and came out very well, more CB dominant
picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
number 3 came out more bubba dominant smell wise and quite hashplant-like
picture.php

picture.php

and number 4 was similar to number 3
picture.php

i'll have some dry weights on those and a smoke report soon. looking forward to toking on the bubba x CB... i also have some bubba finger hash from processing the seeded bubba :D

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
going to use this cab for vegging next. here are a couple of recently topped bubba shush (bubba x sharksbreath)
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks GP!

the total weight for all the bubba x CB was 16 grams, so we end up with a total weight for the grow of 42g - which works out a just under 1 gpw which is pretty good for bubba and some untested bubba crosses (ive never quite managed 1 gpw from bubba kush but getting close)
in conclusion, this light is quite capable of flowering plants - but the harvest weight will reflect the low wattage of the fixture. it would be well worth considering for a stealth grow as the lack of fans make it totally silent.

i'd like to run my sharksbreath cut or another high yielder in here at some point to see how high i can push the gpw.

also - it rocks for veg! check out this bubba shush after a week and a half in the cab! it looks really happy and the leaves have grown up quite close to the light whist i was away without any damage. the other plants looks almost ientical to this but the pic came out blurry :D
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks GP!

i should also mention that the Bubba x CB is some awesome potent smoke. if i could find a decent male in the seeds i have left then i would defo use it to bx to the bubba.

C

CannaBuilding

Went through the whole thread, its amazing what LEDs can do, your grows are always inspiring VG, looking very nice.

Is it me or does the same strain grown under LED seem more potent then if grown under HPS? Seems like this on my end.

Peace to all and happy growing.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey cannabuilding, i would definitely say that, if anything, weed is a bit stronger and more aromatic under LED. not a huge difference but i would agree that it seems better.

HPS has a lot of grunt, you cant argue with that... and LED struggles to match that raw power in many less watts - but i do think that the plants grow better under LED.

VG

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
VG, would you be able to generalize as to how many degrees cooler your LEDs run than comparable HPS?

they're still pretty much out of my price range, but if the temperature difference is significant enough, it would give me more motivation to save up for an array :D

mode

Lovely grow man, those plants look exceptionally well grown.
Gotta say I dig your training method! How many LED grows have ya done?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey heady :tiphat:
i couldnt say how many degrees cooler, but they defo ARE cooler than hps, if you have extraction above the array then most of the heat that they do give out will not reach the plants. they dont batter the buds with radiant heat like hps which is the main thing.

mode, ive done a fair few LED grows in the last couple of years but the modular scrog training ive been doing on and off for over 20 years so really my success as much to do with the organic soil and canopy management as the lights.

---

another veg shot... this time of a bubba thats been under the lamp for a couple of weeks (it was vegged a bit before that too)
really like how this light veg's plants. i love it when they have that super healthy green look - i guess you could call it verdant ;)
picture.php

VG

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm confused. The led pictured on page one looks much bigger than 44 watts, and I see no other led pics. What am I missing?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey PF the diodes are 0.5w each rather than 1W, and the unit has heat sinks but no fans.

44w is what it draws from the wall.

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts