What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CYCO NUTRIENTS

BubbaBear

I just bought some cyco, big time, and am now regretting it after checking the heavy metal data here...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dMHgm9C-sEU&feature=youtu.be

Some of them are as high as even ten times more than flora nova.......

Enlighten me, before we spend a hundred grand on barrels.
Thanks.

The link is incorrect and creepy. Can you send the correct link?

That sucks I've been using Cyco for a minute. I'm happy with the results and I get it for a great price but I thought Cyco was supposed to be pharmaceutical grade nutrients with very low amounts of impurities and heavy metals, please share your info.

BongFu

The link is incorrect and creepy. Can you send the correct link?

That sucks I've been using Cyco for a minute. I'm happy with the results and I get it for a great price but I thought Cyco was supposed to be pharmaceutical grade nutrients with very low amounts of impurities and heavy metals, please share your info.

Not wishing to offend but anyone who believes any hydroponic nutrient manufacturer uses pharmaceutical grade macro element fertilisers to produce a product that costs less than $500 a litre RP has rocks for brains. Price out what pharmaceutical grade fertilizers cost against standard agricultural grade fertilisers and the answer to your question becomes extremely all too obvious.

BongFu

Bongfu I doubt it. I meant to say that PGR’s are legal in AU as they are used commonly in viviculture

Worldwide PGRs are allowed on a bunch of crops, although on the Cyco labels one of them say for use on non consumable (ornamental) crops only. Last I checked cannabis is consumed yes?? So Cyco is selling PGRs to cannabis growers knowing their product is being used off label. And yeah viticulturalists shop through Agricultural suppliers, not retail hydroponic stores where Cyco Flower is sold. Viticulturalists don't buy hideously overpriced liquid products through hydroponic stores.

BongFu

Agreed.
Have you seen the manixbotanix page? That was an interesting read.

I read something way way back but can’t remember details or even which sites because there are a lot of pages out there about PGRs. Did it mention Cyco?? Don’t think Ive come across anything there. The brands seem to have been Pload, Bushmaster and Gravity.

BongFu

Cyco has paclobutrazol and Chlormequat Chloride in the formula.

Both actives are GA pathway inhibitors which will reduce essential oil (THC, CBD, CBN, terpenoids) production by about 30 - 40%. Not to even mention toxicity issues to the end consumer.

As far as I am aware Chlormequat Chloride is not an allowable input on any consumable crop in the US and both Chlormequat Chloride and Paclobutrazol were phased out in the EU for use on consumable crops about 10 years ago (limited use still approved for a few ornamental crops).

What people also seem not to realise is where these actives are approved for food crops their application is months before harvest versus weeks (as is the case with cannabis). Also, only more retarded countries still allow either as inputs into consumable crops (there are far safer options and have been for some time).

Pretty disgusting stuff all round.