What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The best solvent for oil??

treehuggers

Hello!

I have access to

Acetone 2.76 € per liter
Isopropil Alchohol 5.30 € per liter
99% ethanol 13.50 € per liter
premium butane, 250ml 1.50 €

This oil will be used to treat a cancer paicent. Is to be taken oraly.

All the best
Tree

Last edited:

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ethanol.
look up the member "slips"
he has step by step directions

peace, love & coco

TheHashAssassin

use the ethanol, freeze it and the trim before washing, and dont let it mix for more then 2 mintues, keeping it as cold as possible the whole time. guarunteed honey oil if done right that will rival the best.

TheHashAssassin

also out of those 4, ethanol is the least toxic to the human body. avoid acetone at all measures it leaves oily residues that are very unhealthy tho it makes the oil taste sweeter :yuk:

gordonliu

WOW!

13.50 (any currency) for 99% ethanol? god damn that is the cheapest I have ever heard of. (especially for anhydrous non-denatured ethanol)

that is cheaper than the 20 L drums they sell at my university by almost 60% (these do not carry the US federal tax on non-denatured ethanol)

and the butane is suuuper cheap also. (even king butane, the cheapest of the premium butanes, is pretty much guaranteed to be no less than 3 dollars per 250 ml can)

do you have a wholesaler discount or something? jesus, I wish I had your hook up!

G

I acctally pay something like $250 for a gallon at a local science shop, they photocopy my id every time.
Nice tips

I'm guna try a small batch with the materal and solvent cooled and see if it turns out any better :)

also check out my co-op in my sig.
slips

treehuggers

Hi fellas
Thanks for answers.
I did a small test and it seems to me isopropanol / isopropyl alcohol is better solvent for thc than ethanol. My isop wasnt pure enough I evaporated half a liter and some shit stayed on the plate.

Anyway... i made the oil with ethanol. Its not 99% . My bad. Its 96% non-denaturated food grade ethanol. 600grams (1.3pound) of outdoor,indoor,indy and sati bud with a little over a gallon of ethanol.

taken from Wikipedia said:
A common distillation with an azeotrope is the distillation of ethanol and water. Using normal distillation techniques, ethanol can only be purified to approximately 96% (hence the 96% (192 proof) strength of some commercially available grain alcohols).

Once at a 96.4% ethanol/water concentration the vapor from the boiling mixture is also 96.4%. Further distillation is therefore ineffective. Some uses require a higher percentage of alcohol, for example when used as a gasoline additive. The 96.4% azeotrope needs to be "broken" in order to refine further. More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azeotropic_distillation

I will test the oil on myself first then hopefuly this week the paicent will start the treatment.

Peace

Last edited:
if u have access to those chems at those prices try and see if u can get hexane ,the oil experts will agree its the cleanest

treehuggers

Thanks!
Ill see if that is avalible. Since the new year 08 the laws around chemicals are lot stricter. Before that i could get just about anything. Now even 15 gallons of 50% h2o2 is a problem. Lucky for me I know some people on the right spots....

Last edited:

treehuggers

Found a new source!

99,8% etanol
14,24 EUR for 2.5L = 0.6 gallon

I just need to put some kind of statement. Dont know wtf that means tho. We'll see.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
hmm interesting. i never heard that exactly, but i do know years ago a chemist who analyzed iso oil said it was a changed molecule and he didnt recommend smoking it. i find iso oil is never as tasty as butane extracted. less terpenes, and a slight burnt flavor... kinda dry or something.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
I've used Hexane and you will get high off the fumes if you're not in a well ventilated area. All I can say about Hexane is it is clean but expensive and the oil has a chemy taste. Just not worth it imo.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I haven't done it yet but I was just told by a old school outdoor grower with 20+ yrs under his belt tell me the Butane method is the best way to get honey oil. Said to fill a 20oz gatorade bottle with trimmings and drill a hole in the bottom and poke a hole in the lid for the butane tip to fit and empty the whole can of butane into it. Take the liquid that drained and pour it in a pot of boiling water but make sure you boil the water first and have it out of the kitchen away from the burner that I hope you have turned off . When the 2 liquids mix the hot water evaporates the butane and what you have left is some lovely Honey Oil...

TheHashAssassin

Thundurkel, I wouldnt use plastic. The butane may leach components out of it. You can make a great butane extractor with a stainless steel turkey baster. Costs about $6-$7 to make.

Latest posts

Latest posts