What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you cant duck it, F**k it!

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
with all of the talented growers here at icmag, im sure more than a few have used duct tape for different projects.

i just had a roll of duct tape save me from utter failure.

i thought it might be nice to see what uses folks have come up with for the stuff.

pics would be nice but lets face it, that would be stupid. gimme a description of a good use, or a success story.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I duck tape my air lines in my buckets and reses, works like a charm, remove, clean, and replace once a year.
H

trouble

Veteran
swampdank said:
with all of the talented growers here at icmag, im sure more than a few have used duct tape for different projects.

i just had a roll of duct tape save me from utter failure.

i thought it might be nice to see what uses folks have come up with for the stuff.

pics would be nice but lets face it, that would be stupid. gimme a description of a good use, or a success story.

My brothers & I use to have to duct-tape our grandfather in his rocking chair when he was drunk so that he wouldn't fall-out. The poor old bastard didn't have any hair left on his arms after he sobered-up and we pulled all the tape off of him.
:wave:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
If they had had some duct tape on the Titanic, the fucker wouldn't have sunk!

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
trouble said:
My brothers & I use to have to duct-tape our grandfather in his rocking chair when he was drunk so that he wouldn't fall-out. The poor old bastard didn't have any hair left on his arms after he sobered-up and we pulled all the tape off of him.

LMAO!!

trouble

Veteran
Pops said:
If they had had some duct tape on the Titanic, the fucker wouldn't have sunk!

Pop's, you know what the Captain of the Titanic said when the ship hit the Iceberg,"it's always fucking something!"

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'm just gonna make known what I've found to be the very best of
all of the duct tapes on the market. I discovered this tape existed
when a job was made easier by taping off an area that needed to
be hosed down about 30-40 times before lifting and resetting the
tape the next day. This duct tape will work AWESOMELY in a wet
or damp environment, holds with a vengence, just apply when dry.

How good is it really? When I brought this new tape in to work with
me one day the shop foreman immediately went and bought several
cases of it, it was now to be utilized on a multi-million dollar assembly
line on a daily basis. Superior in every way & especially when wet.

Scotch brand 'Heavy Duty All-Weather Duct Tape
2 inches by 45 yards Prod.# 2245A by 3M
6977425.jpg

If you're going to try to find this tape at your hardware or online just
make sure that the 3M Scotch duct tape that you buy has the same
'pumpkin orange' colored core as is pictured above, it has been at my
local Home Depot every time I've needed it, a bit spendier than other
similar sized rolls on the market but is by FAR the best tape out there.......

3M All-Weather Duct Tape

$8.00 per roll @ site above, same price per
roll @ Home Depot & save the shipping $$.......

Duct tape, couldn't even begin to live without the stuff.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
C6H6 said:
i used to love duck tape till i discovered zip ties. much more versital
there's NO WAY a zip/wire tie will seal the leaky seam of a steel duct, called duct tape for a reason it guarantees that my ventilation runs optimally and to perfection w/o any unfiltered odors seeping through open seams.

EDIT: You're correct though in that wire ties
are quite useful in many situations. I use and
have 4 or 5 sizes on hand at any given time.

Last edited:

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
roadies best friend

if it moves and it shouldn't - duct tape it
if it doesn't move and it should - WD40 it

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
Nothing screams poor workmanship quite like wrinkles in your duct tape.

Red Green

skylined

Gorilla beats all hands down (or hands up depending on how kinky you wanna get with the tape). Gorilla holds my entire grow together quite well, and it matches beautifully with panda film making my homemade grow tent quite fashionable! Seriously though it is the strongest and stickiest tape I've EVER seen.

Peace.

oldpink said:
roadies best friend

if it moves and it shouldn't - duct tape it
if it doesn't move and it should - WD40 it

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to oldpink again.

somehow, the above message(the one from the rep system) makes me not want to "give it to you" again... Reputation that is

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
i agree gorilla tape is some sticky stuff. a bit harder to find here than the scotch stuff.

i use it to keep my whole ventilation system together and i think im quite skilled at its uses. hell i even use the stuff as a bandaid if need be.

S

sow the seeds

trouble said:

Haha this reminds me of when I was younger we duct taped a friend of ours (who was ALWAYS talking) mouth shut. When another buddy ripped the tape off (very quickly) it not only took his hair out but ripped a few layers of skin off his upper lip! We felt bad but if he hadn't talked so much it could've been avoided. :muahaha:

Its probably harder for me to think of things I haven't used duct tape for as it seems to have a use for just about everything.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I use black duct tape ta seal off around my closet door. Also all around my cloner ta keep it dark inside.

Murphy

I striped the top of my cloner with different colors the keep the strains strait. I had the plants in coffee container with a stripe orund the top of each.