What's new

Proposal for doctors to impliment canabinoid treatment now.

G

Canabinoid treatments have shown potential for treating a vast number of human ailments.

Marijuana has become accepted treatment in several states for pain management and nausea.

In recent times, the active chemicals in marijuana have also shown potential for application in the fight against many other medical conditions.

It has been known since 1974 that THC kills cancer cells. THC kills the kind of cancer cells that are currently attacking Ted Kennedy.

In 2006 it was demonstrated that canabinoids can reduce the inflammation of the pancreas that leads to diabetes.

These are just a couple of examples of areas where canabinoids can greatly improve lives and even save them.

There is a huge fight today to make these materials available legally.

While that fight goes on, here is a way that these substances might be made available for doctors and patients to use right now.

The marijuana community has observed that different strains of marijuana produce different health effects. These variations in strains can vary the results from one person to the next also. Most of this has to do with differing ratios of the many canabinoids contained within the strains.

Only one of the canabinoids, THC, produces major psyoactive effects. The rest produce no or very little such effects. THC is already legal to prescribe.

The rest of the canabinoids also exist in industrial hemp. Industrial hemp is classified by it's lack of THC.

It seems possible that an extract of the female flowers of industrial hemp could be manufactured in Canada and then exported to the US as a food product. If it was prepared mixed with canola oil, it should be legal to import. There would be no potential for getting high with it at all.

This oil mix could then be used for baked goods.

This method, when combined with marinol, would allow people to get a broadband canabinoid treatment for patients under current laws. Dosage and ratios can be easily tailored by doctors willing to treat people with canabinoids.

Can we please get this kind of food product? I'm sure that farmers in Canada would be willing to make it for us.

Last edited:

rsteeb

It's not just dronabinol...

It's not just dronabinol...

peanutbutter said:
Canabinoid treatments have shown potential for treating a vast number of human ailments.

Marijuana has become accepted treatment in several states for pain management and nausea.

In recent times, the active chemicals in marijuana have also shown potential for application in the fight against many other medical conditions.

It has been known since 1974 that THC kills cancer cells. THC kills the kind of cancer cells that are currently attacking Ted Kennedy.

In 2006 it was demonstrated that canabinoids can reduce the inflammation of the pancreas that leads to diabetes.

These are just a couple of examples of areas where canabinoids can greatly improve lives and even save them.

There is a huge fight today to make these materials available legally.

While that fight goes on, here is a way that these substances might be made available for doctors and patients to use right now.

The marijuana community has observed that different strains of marijuana produce different health effects. These variations in strains can vary the results from one person to the next also. Most of this has to do with differing ratios of the many canabinoids contained within the strains.

Only one of the canabinoids, THC, produces major psyoactive effects. The rest produce no or very little such effects. THC is already legal to prescribe.

The rest of the canabinoids also exist in industrial hemp. Industrial hemp is classified by it's lack of THC.

It seems possible that an extract of the female flowers of industrial hemp could be manufactured in Canada and then exported to the US as a food product. If it was prepared mixed with canola oil, it should be legal to import. There would be no potential for getting high with it at all.

This oil mix could then be used for baked goods.

This method, when combined with marinol, would allow people to get a broadband canabinoid treatment for patients under current laws. Dosage and ratios can be easily tailored by doctors willing to treat people with canabinoids.

Can we please get this kind of food product? I'm sure that farmers in Canada would be willing to make it for us.

Results 1 - 10 of about 14,800 for CBD anticonvulsant. (0.30 seconds)

for instance

See also:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/1/parlbus/commbus/senate/Com-e/ille-e/presentation-e/kalant-e.htm
http://tinyurl.com/68676y

G

"It's not just dronabinol"

I know that. I'm not quite sure what it is that you were trying to say.

Canabis or marijuana as it's also called, Is not currently available to use as sources of the various canabinoids that have medical value.

Nationwide, and worldwide, there are efforts underway to change laws that would make them available.

For the time being, it may be possible to produce a replacement that could be legal.
That would allow doctors to save the lives of thousands of people while the fight goes on.

There are to many people dying to have the fight interfeer.

For the time being:
The rest of the canabinoids could be provided as a herbal extract of industrial hemp.
If the extract had a 0% THC content, there should be no problem bringing it into the US.

Thousands of people are dying right now! We can't wait any longer!

G

Many of the other canabinoids that exist in industrial hemp have been shown to have anti-cancer properties.

An extract needs to be clasified in such a way as to be outside the reach of the FDA.

I believe that herbs fall under that catagory.

The clock is ticking on thousands of people. People are dying while the debate goes on.

Last edited:
G

CBD lowers the impact of THC. This would allow larger doses of dronabinol to be applied by a doctor.

This would allow very large doses of canabinoids to be applied against cancer.

For instance:
500mg mixed canabinoids plus 50mg THC consumed three or four times a day over a two or three week period of time.

G

BTW a generic form of Marinol should become available in a couple of months.

Yesterday I got a quote from my local drug store.
10mg caplets
Three times a day for thirty days
90 pills = $2544.99

G

Right now, farmers are growing and harvesting industrial hemp in Canada.

When harvesting hempseed, the canabinoids are thrown on the ground as a waste. The chaff from around the seed. The dust ..

tricombs .. being currently viewed as waste.

rsteeb

The prohibition of Cannabis sativa [L] is ALL bad; from the THC-free varieties to "God's Gift". Making "criminals" of the 20% of the planet [whatever%] who smoke it is as absurd as withholding its medicinal value from the ill. The land who refers to George Washington as its country's "father" ought to know better...

The existing and proposed "industrial" hemp regulations all forbid ANY leaf, flower, resin etc from leaving the source. Heaven forfend anyone might try and sell THC-free buds as "pot"... or use the resin as raw material for synthesizing THC!

Even though I eat a kilo of hempnut every month, the thought of genetically-modified THC-free industrial Franken-bud infesting the planet at the expense of the medicinal-ganja gene pool is of some concern... I think we should follow George Washington's advice, and stick with Cannabis Indica.

Dronabinol is the generic THC equivalent to Marinol, although it is generally extracted from the herb rather than synthetic. If those 90 pills are 10mg each, that works out to over $2800 a gram THC; Drugstore.com has "genuine" Marinol for "only" $23.59 a pill!

(...and some people criticize dispensary owners for profiteering! [puke])

SweetNightmare

Crazy shit... yea seriously they gotta pay the bills somehow... I think a lot of em charge up the ass because they don't get enough business cuz they are just another club... i think most of em forgot that equation where its the difference between charging more n selling less then charging less n selling more... only a retarded person would pay 75+ an 8th...

G

rsteeb said:
The prohibition of Cannabis sativa [L] is ALL bad
I know it's all bad. People are dying right now!
rsteb said:
The existing and proposed "industrial" hemp regulations all forbid ANY leaf, flower, resin etc from leaving the source.
Is this the current Canadian situation?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
peanutbutter,
In the USA all 71 cannabinoids (except THC pills MARINOL with a prescription) are controlled and illegal, it makes no difference if they can get you high or not. If you import any compound from Canada that contains any Cannabinoids it is illegal. Also hemp has very low levels of Cannabinoids and is a poor source as raw materials for medical users.
As a separate point most of the differing subjective effects of Cannabis are not made by the Cannabinoids, it is the Terpenoids interacting with THC & CBD.

-SamS

G

Sam!!

Thank you for looking in.

Are these Terpenoids present in industrial hemp?

MrFista

Veteran
peanutbutter said:
BTW a generic form of Marinol should become available in a couple of months.

Yesterday I got a quote from my local drug store.
10mg caplets
Three times a day for thirty days
90 pills = $2544.99

That is absolutely criminal that price. Even if they legalised this they are still fisting us.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Terps

Terps

peanutbutter said:
Sam!!

Thank you for looking in.

Are these Terpenoids present in industrial hemp?

Yes they can be but Cannabis has over 140 Terpenoids, and each variety of Cannabis is different and does not have them all, and the effects of each is different, good or bad depending on what you want. Also Terpenoids need THC to express their synergistic effects, and hemp has very little THC.
Anyway, I would suggest that hemp is a poor source for Cannabinoids or Terpenoids.

-SamS

Last edited:
G

My thought is that the THC can currently be administered by any doctor.

Since we can get the THC then, perhaps, the rest can be delivered from a hemp source which could then be "tinctured" on site with THC.

A reconstituted marijuana.

treehuggers

Hey!

I am not an expert on this area but wiki says
"Plant terpenoids are used extensively for their aromatic qualities. They play a role in traditional herbal remedies and are under investigation for antibacterial, antineoplastic, and other pharmaceutical functions. Terpenoids contribute to the scent of eucalyptus, the flavors of cinnamon, cloves, and ginger, and the color of yellow flowers. Well-known terpenoids include citral, menthol, camphor, Salvinorin A in the plant Salvia divinorum, and the cannabinoids found in Cannabis."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terpenoid

Seems like cannabinoids are terpenoids, or is this all wrong?

Peace

G

I did an edit of my first post.

It has been pointed out to me that hemp is unlikely to provide enough canabinoids to do what I was proposing.

It has to be full blown marijuana.

We need the full package.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
What do you mean by "the rest"? If you mean Cannabinoids then the hemp extract will be illegal as all Cannabinoids are illegal in the USA. If you mean Terpenoids then good luck as hemp has mostly different Terpenoids then drug Cannabis varieties, and you will not enjoy smoking them.
Also eating and smoking Cannabinoids and the Terpenoids are quite different in subjective effects.
Even drug varieties of Cannabis bred in the West have very little Cannabinoids besides THC, if you check analysis of buyers clubs done by CALNORML
http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v09n3/09320gie.html you find that basically only THC is available in US Cannabis, so where are patients going to find the other 70 Cannabinoids?

-SamS

G

The impact of CBD, the most common of the several "other" canabinoids, can be observed by the effect on the user when smoked.

Onset of the effect takes longer and the duration is longer also. It also seems to not produce as much of a high. This kind of weed is known as "creeper." Duration may be as long as four hours in contrast to 1.5 to 2 hours. The fact that the word "creeper" exists in the smoker vocabulary testifies these other canabinoids exist in our world.

Nutes can and do impact canabinoid mix. Grow Tek nutes tend to bring out more of the "others."

I'll try to provide a link about GT nutes/CBD later.

The source of GW's Sativex CBD is from a strain of canabis resulting from their breeding program. correct? Doesn't that strain also carry low THC?

Heat applied to THC in an acidic solution will convert to CBD. correct?

You are a very heavy hitter in this context. If I remember correctly. I deeply respect your imput.

Last edited:
G

Eating vs smoking.

Yes. I strongly recommend eating for medical purposes.

When fighting cancer the only time a vaporized preperation should be used is when dealing with lung cancer. And that is to suppliment the eaten portion.

The reasoning is that vaproizing puts the canabinoids in direct contact with the cancer.

Another method of canabinoid treatment is topical. This would be in the case of skin cancer. Again .. as much direct contact with the cancer as possible.

It just occurred to me that another administration method would make sense. Suppository, in the case of colen cancer. Again, as much direct contact with the cancer as possible.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts