What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can you buy tentmaterial?

Lathund

I just found out that the space where I intended to put a Secret Jardin DR120 won't work, it's a slanted roof and not tall enough.

Now the space itself is good enough to grow in with about 6' (and then some) at the tallest point, but I need to figure out how to make it work for me, and I need your help! :)

Great access to fresh air so ventilation isn't a problem. However I can't go all in on it since this won't be the permanent installation. Down the line it will need to be revamped and I have a plan for it.

I figured I could put up some 2x4's and then tack some material to it to lightseal it. I was wondering if you could buy the material grow tents are made from somewhere? Feels like the easiest solution, and then use velcro for the door.

Any ideas? If I don't make any sense I can try to draw up a picture of what I'm thinking.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The black and white panda plastic should do the job for a while. Be a lot cheaper than cutting up expensive sheeting for a short term project.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
For a temporary reflective tent, Just get a roll of reflective bubble wrap (used for insulative wrap for HVAC ducts) and foil tape.

Or the cheapest most flimsy option is mylar emergency blankets. Less than $2 at Walmart in camping aisle/ sporting section.

I once grew in a cardboard refrigerator box lined with mylar emg blankets. Taped back together with foil tape.

GMT also had great idea. Roll of panda film, they even have rolls of reflective material.

You can get this type of tent panel with a door built in.
https://hydrobuilder.com/grow-tents/grow-tent-accessories/hydrofarm-black-hatch-grow-room-door-with-zipper.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyLDpBRCxARIsAEENsrK2k11R_fLqhoMVnviVblt7q0U_FS-ihcnAYAdFOLssBQK1ajEecnAaAqXWEALw_wcB

genetic freaked

Veteran
Best bet is PVC for the frame and then get the thick 6mil I believe black plastic from the Depot and spray glue the emergency blanket to it. Gorilla glue tape the edges of the blanket so it doesn’t peel and use the same tape to secure the plastic to the PVC.
I’ve used that for a very long time without any issues

Lathund

The black and white panda plastic should do the job for a while. Be a lot cheaper than cutting up expensive sheeting for a short term project.

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you! I'm probably looking at 2-4 grows in the setup I'm sketching on now. Think it will last that long?

That really looks great! In Europe it's double the price though, otherwise I'd jump on it in a heartbeat!

Lathund

Would it be possible to do the "door" in the black and white plastic as well? Attach some velcro on it and roll it upwards when entering? Or should I use something thicker like a piece of tarp for the door?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Best bet is PVC for the frame and then get the thick 6mil I believe black plastic from the Depot and spray glue the emergency blanket to it. Original Glue tape the edges of the blanket so it doesn’t peel and use the same tape to secure the plastic to the PVC.
I’ve used that for a very long time without any issues

Lol!!
Original Glue tape.. lol

pinkus

Veteran
I'm not a big fan of Jorge Cervantes, but in one of his videos he does show how to build a sweet panda plastic and 2x4 tent. He even goes into exhaust fan mounting. I bet there are even clips on Youtube
:shooty:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep. GG#4 - the first strain to get so popular it took over the #1 search terms on google from a highly recognized household product, eventually resulting in a lawsuit and a site wide name change anytime it get's typed.

Can't type that series of words after one another. Well done, Josey Whales. Well done. THAT is legendary cannabis. :respect:

dank.Frank

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Yep. GG#4 - the first strain to get so popular it took over the #1 search terms on google from a highly recognized household product, eventually resulting in a lawsuit and a site wide name change anytime it get's typed.

Can't type that series of words after one another. Well done, Josey Whales. Well done. THAT is legendary cannabis. :respect:

dank.Frank

Oh. I didn't realize ic changed the words for us. Lol thought he was being funny.