What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hygrometer question

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I currently have three different hygrometers giving me three very different numbers. I just picked up a model that allows for calibration and am going to try the old salt trick, but I'm curious what monitoring equipment people are using that they feel confident in. Working with VPD is a waste of time if the environmental monitoring equipment isn't accurate. [/FONT]

M

Mr.Boland

i agree 100% mrlucky405 i was going to buy a 72% Boveda pack. put it in with my hygrometer in a tub overnight and if its off just write on it how much % its off by

Instead of buying the Boveda pack, just put some table salt in a little bottle cap and add water until it's barely a paste. Seal it and your hygrometer in a a zip bag and let it sit up to 12hours. I actually put my bag inside another bag, as I don't imagine sandwich bags are completely air tight. If your hygrometer is accurate, it will read 75%.