What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rate my kit

Lathund

Hello!

I've been away from growing for several years, finally in a position where I can set up again. Would love some feedback about my "wishlist", will it work? If not, what do I need to change? Etc etc. Every advice is most appreciated!

This is what I've put together:

Secret Jardin Dark Room 120 Rev 3.0
Spudnik Reflector Prima Klima 125mm
Sylvania HPS-TS 600w bulb
Lumatek NXE 250-600w electronic ballast (Would prefer Gavita but Head & Nature doesn't seem to carry that brand any longer, how does Lumatek compare?)
Easy Rolls and hooks for easier reflector mounting
2x GHP Clipfan 15cm (the ones for mounting on the tent poles)
Prima Klima exhaust fan auto speed controller (280m3/hour flowrate)
Prima Klima Eco Line carbon filter (360m3/h)
Some ducting and clamps

If this sounds alright my next task would be to set up a list for a recirculation top feed dripper system.

Thanks for taking the time!

MedFaced

I owned an older 3x3x6 secret Jardin and recently bought one of the newer ones with the included scrog net. Not happy about some of the changes. The stitching is bad around the duct ports, they include 3 hang bars when they used to have 4, and they doubled down on plastic end pieces. Even the hang bars at the top have plastic hooks! They no longer have side access windows either.

The scrog net and center support beam are nice newer additions. But having a scrog net when one can only enter from one side is a real PITA while attempting a 3 foot reach.

It’s a shame because they were my favorite tent companies but I would probably go with a cheaper Chinese tent knowing what I know now. God I love the mental sound of reading my own bitching. Lol

Happy hunting!

Lathund

I owned an older 3x3x6 secret Jardin and recently bought one of the newer ones with the included scrog net. Not happy about some of the changes. The stitching is bad around the duct ports, they include 3 hang bars when they used to have 4, and they doubled down on plastic end pieces. Even the hang bars at the top have plastic hooks! They no longer have side access windows either.

The scrog net and center support beam are nice newer additions. But having a scrog net when one can only enter from one side is a real PITA while attempting a 3 foot reach.

It’s a shame because they were my favorite tent companies but I would probably go with a cheaper Chinese tent knowing what I know now. God I love the mental sound of reading my own bitching. Lol

Happy hunting!

That's good to know, I owned a DR90 Twin before and I liked it. Didn't love it but it did the job nicely.

How bad is the stitching? Bad as in it will break?
I don't mind the plastic fittings as long as it does the job and is able to hold the weight haha!
No side access kind of sucks though...

Thanks for the feedback!

MedFaced

It’s loose stitching around the double sleeves where they attach to the tent. Also some l poor stitching along the top seam of the tent itself so one can see material stretch when fitting the tent over the frame. It’s not so bad that I’d return it and hasn’t caused a problem, yet. I’ve ran ducting through and completed a full cycle without issues. Just looks sloppy and makes me question general QC.

I haven’t had any plastic break, yet. Everything snaps into place a feels snug. But they’re using a thinner plastic than on older models. Lots of plastic hooks and snap-ons.

Latest posts

Latest posts