What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ventilation and cooling with a dewpoint of 73F/23C

ACannabisCritic

I have yet to find the optimal way to HVAC my 2 tents. They are 200 cu. ft. each and located in a attached garage. The garage currently stays the same temperature and humidity as my closed loop grow.

The AC and dehumidifiers are in a return air plenum (lung room). The only heat source inside of the tents are a 660W (5.5A) light each.

I would like to grow year round, and I've purchased multiple inline fans, carbon/HEPA filters, dehumidifiers, and a new 12000btu window ac to that end. Although I am currently recirculating air, I can also easily exhaust air with or without the recirculation.

My (2) 25 sq. ft. canopy grows consume 6-8 gallons of water each using an on demand watering system with zero waste. I need advice on creating more efficiency in my system please.

I am always grateful for help and suggestions...J

I grow organic, medicinal cannabis in living soil and euphoria is a side effect of my medication. Ain't that great?

ACannabisCritic

What's your ?

I meant to say I need advice on how to set up HVAC in this situation.

I guess one question is do I recirculate and condition that air, or do I exhaust tent air and condition outdoor air coming in. Daytime temps are >90F with dew point of 73F.

Is it better to cool and dehumidify the entire 450 sq. ft. garage (3600 cu. ft.) or is it adequate to use a 175 cu. ft. lung room.

I think maybe the lack of clarity about my question is me not knowing where to go at this point.

I grow organic, medicinal cannabis in living soil and euphoria is a side effect of my medication. Ain't that great?

ACannabisCritic

How should I set up my HVAC for 2 tents?

How should I set up my HVAC for 2 tents?

What's your ?

Thank you I'mback. I've realized my real question is; 'How should I set up HVAC for 2 tents when the weather is hot and very humid?', using the following:

12000btu window air conditioner
150 pint/day dehumidifier
high output humidifier

(4) 8 in. inline fans
(2) HEPA filters
(2) Carbon filters

Each tent is 200 cu. ft., with a 660W led, and consumes 6-8 gallons of water. They are located in an (3600 cu. ft.) attached garage.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I would exhaust my tent air outside via a dryer vent or similar. Effectively you will have an air conditioned garage. An air conditioner also dehumidifies so your dehumidifier might become redundant, but a source of heat during the winter months (perhaps). That being said, it will still assist your A/C. Humidifiers will need to be in the tents. My den is effectively a lung room.

My main tent is 3x3x6, my veg tent is 2x2x3. The A/C is a window unit it air conditions the den/rec rm. Because the dehumidifier releases hot air, I have that releasing in the den, sucking from the top of the tent. I tried hoking up its outlet through a "y" but, I was still pushing hot air in my tent. So I have it discharging into the den via a charcoal filter. Filter rests on top of tent. I control heat and humidity via the exhaust fan speed. That being said, a controller controls either humidify or dehumidify. In the winter time I have an oil radiator to supplement heat as required, hooked up to a temp controller. That is also out of the tent. To sum it up, I control the outside environment (den, in your case garage) to meet my tent set points. My tent intakes are at the bottom of my tents and tyhe air is sucked in via HEPA filters.

I hope this is what you were looking for :tiphat:

ACannabisCritic

I believe my best choice now is to build two (8 ft. X 18 ft.)partition walls enclosing the tents. I could then place a filtered exhaust through the ceiling...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Welcome to ICMag!! :D

With 90F+ outside temps, I would suggest going to a sealed room during summers. Pulling in and cooling air this temp requires a lot of a/c. It is significantly less expensive to only remove the heat your lights are creating.

Sealed rooms are a different realm and I have zero experience with them. Fortunately, there are many experienced growers here who do. :)

ACannabisCritic

CEA v. continuous exhaust

CEA v. continuous exhaust

Welcome to ICMag!! :D

With 90F+ outside temps, I would suggest going to a sealed room during summers. Pulling in and cooling air this temp requires a lot of a/c. It is significantly less expensive to only remove the heat your lights are creating.

Sealed rooms are a different realm and I have zero experience with them. Fortunately, there are many experienced growers here who do. :)

I am new at it myself, but that is what I am currently doing sans CO2 supplementation. I do know it's a job to remove all of that trapped humidity.

I have also run continuous exhaust. It seemed easiest in colder months. The only problem was attenuating the flow of outside air which was too cold.

slow is faster

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Love colder months and outside air for cooling. :) Especially in dry climates. I use Lux-100 controllers. Set the room temp maximum, and plug in your intake fan. When the room gets too high it'll bring in outside room air. Use insulated ducting and have a good 10' of it inside the room. The insulation will reduce/eliminate condensation, and the air will warm up a bit before entering the room.

When my intake air was -50F, that run of ducting made a big difference to the incoming air temp. ;)