What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Love Tents? Why? Hate Tents? Vent Your Reasons!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Anyone know of a company selling extra ceiling hanging bars for a 3'x3'?

And what's a good 3'x3' tent scrog net?
I see mostly elastic for that size, and have heard that the fibers will get stuck in the flowers.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Grow tents have been around for a while now, and as a result they've gone through a lot of changes. What changes have you seen which were good ones, which features do you wonder about or wish would go away?

I'm curious how many of you actually have ducting coming in through the top of your tent? I mean, personally I don't even have ceiling height for getting ducting up there. lol Still, I can see how it would be helpful running multiple tents in a large room. :)

What features do you love?

Which ones do you wish would disappear forever?

:tiphat:

I'm digging my VivoSun 3x3. Just got another one.
I think I'm going to duct thru the ceiling hole. I have just enough space for a 6" flexible duct between top of tent and bedroom ceiling.
I'm thinking of using my AC Infinity Cloudline T6 to pull through a wye duct and exhaust both 3x3s. 400ish cfm fan dumping two tents at just under 108 cubic feet each.

I previously exhausted thru the side.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I'm digging my VivoSun 3x3. Just got another one.
I think I'm going to duct thru the ceiling hole. I have just enough space for a 6" flexible duct between top of tent and bedroom ceiling.
I'm thinking of using my AC Infinity Cloudline T6 to pull through a wye duct and exhaust both 3x3s. 400ish cfm fan dumping two tents at just under 108 cubic feet each.

I previously exhausted thru the side.

I hook 1 wye and 1 t together to vent 3 tents.

Imo, Its easier to go through the 8" hole with the 6" ducting...so I go through the top

Dope thread by the way...

Fitzera

My Gorilla 5x5, the main door zipper on the left side...where the actual material that the zipper is manufactured with is sewn to the tent door...the stitching has given up and I now have a hole developing. I can limp through until thos grow is done and then pull out the sewing machine, but it is an annoyance.

I suspect one of my cats had something to do with it, and i know which one

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
My Gorilla 5x5, the main door zipper on the left side...where the actual material that the zipper is manufactured with is sewn to the tent door...the stitching has given up and I now have a hole developing. I can limp through until thos grow is done and then pull out the sewing machine, but it is an annoyance.

I suspect one of my cats had something to do with it, and i know which one

Yes, my cat is a little shit. I have already patched three small pinholes with metallic tape, that he pierced with his claws.
I may go with a Mars tent next time. The material is about three times as thick.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran

And what's a good 3'x3' tent scrog net?
I see mostly elastic for that size, and have heard that the fibers will get stuck in the flowers.

For hanging as well as other uses, use 12" (or smaller) zip ties. I've found that they can be configured to accomplish a variety of uses and they are going to be stronger than you need (get the bigger ones for stronger/heavier applications.
Scrog nets in tents are always going to be a PITA, unless one wants to grow only 1 plant. I'm using gorilla bungee nets right now (the 4x4 net has 2nd set of hooks for 3x3) and worring about getting into the buds is really not a problem. Yes though the holes are too big for the 4x4 set up but nice and tight. Would think the 3x3 set up would be similar. I've already built 2, 4'x4' screens out of 3/4" pvc. Strung with lawn trimmer replacement string and eye hooks woven into 3" squares. Sorry for carrying on wakin & baken.

The first will be at appropriate hight and second will piggy back off the first

EDIT:.. I forgot to finish that last sentence.. :laughing:> 'at the next appropriate height.

brickweeder

I use EMT tubing for extra hanger bars...cut the tubing 1.5-2" longer on each end, flatten the ends with a hammer or vise, file the edges and corners smooth, then use pliers or your tool of choice to bend a half loop in the 2 flat parts that then hook over the horizontal top bars. 15 mins and you are done.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I use EMT tubing for extra hanger bars...cut the tubing 1.5-2" longer on each end, flatten the ends with a hammer or vise, file the edges and corners smooth, then use pliers or your tool of choice to bend a half loop in the 2 flat parts that then hook over the horizontal top bars. 15 mins and you are done.

Thank you Brick. Great idea. I have to go to the hardware store anyways. I will look into that.

Latest posts

Latest posts